What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kelly must ride into the back of more horses than any other jock. Looked a poor ride to me.

How to ruin a price, how much have the so called shrewdies managed to get on SIX SILVER LANE tmr at 20/1 with 365, down to 4/1 with them now, why couldn't they wait till tmr!

How to ruin a price, how much have the so called shrewdies managed to get on SIX SILVER LANE tmr at 20/1 with 365, down to 4/1 with them now, why couldn't they wait till tmr!

'Cos you would have beat them to the price SJ. :D

I don't suppose it will be long before Brown Pete goes in.

Got entries on the 5th & 6th, so it would be no surprise he picks one of those up.

tasrih just keeps making Desert Wings look even better..Desert Wings is the one i got laughed at about on the fast race thread when I said it had run a 100+ speed figure...just goes to show

96+ from me.

I don't suppose it will be long before Brown Pete goes in.

Got entries on the 5th & 6th, so it would be no surprise he picks one of those up.

12/1 into 6/1. Looks like Gigilo has steamed in.

Glad to see SSL has gone out to a more realistic price now, must have been one of the non jiggers of the year when last ran here in March. D Shaw has done a terrific job in getting his mark down to 53, was 68 in March but defeats on soft ground and over 11fs are easily excused imo. Hope to see some more concerted money for it nearer the off.

Ladbrokes just don't want to know, they're ducking everything. Not a race for me either.

There's a couple of fairly strong related recent form lines between some of them against each other. SSL dropping in class etc.

One that I had a hunch might spring a surprise is Follow The Flag with Queally back on. Though no way I'd back it.

When I mentioned it last night, I thought it would be 6/1ish, so couldn't believe the 12/1 that was up.

Took what I could to lay off as I thought they would be going in 2 days time. Won three inside a week last year and thought they would go for the apprentice event first and follow up in another race without a penalty. It may not get in on the 6th.

It's a stable I can never get right.

Racing Post have the trainer down as Ann Stokell for the 5th & 6th entries. :lol:

Why am I not surprised. Brrown Pete now a n/r:

It seems the horse , who changed yards at the weekend to join Ann Stokell, was boxed in a yard that is not licenced by the BHA
By Andrew King, live from Wolverhampton (AW) 4 mins ago

Glad to see SSL has gone out to a more realistic price now, must have been one of the non jiggers of the year when last ran here in March. D Shaw has done a terrific job in getting his mark down to 53, was 68 in March but defeats on soft ground and over 11fs are easily excused imo. Hope to see some more concerted money for it nearer the off.

Lumping on it now!

I don't think he would have won even with Baker getting tied up in knots on the bend SJ.

HONEST JOHN 2.50 CATTERICK

Honest John hasn’t shown much for a year but he is back on the mark he last won off and in a class he has an excellent record. He is 2-4 in 0-120, 2-3 in races with 7 runners or less. He is 0-6 in higher grade. He will handle the track as he won round here over hurdles, has his ground and the stable are in form with 2 of their last 4 runners winning.

Categorical is the likely jolly due to his close third in a 0-145 in April. Off the same mark he is sure to have his supporters. The ground is likely to be too quick for him here as he is 1-43 on good or quicker ground and he has unplaced on each of his four visits here. He is 2-10 in 0-120 with a further four places. Both of those wins came when carrying more than 7lbs less than the top weight and his record when within 6lbs of top weight reads 0-4, just one place. He did win a handicap chase off 125 in March 2011 but he is 9lbs higher than his win at Southwell in March.

O Callaghan Strand is 0-4 going left handed in chases. He is 3-12 in handicap chases, 1-4 in 0-120. However, he has failed five times in 0-115 and 0-120 when within 6lbs of top weight or has to carry top weight. He didn’t place in any of those races. He is 6lbs higher than his win at Ludlow in January and is 0-7 off marks above 112.

Everaard is 0-8 when returning to the track after a break of 60 days or more, never placing and all six of his wins have come within 30 days of his last race. He is only lightly raced as a chaser and his record of 2-6 is decent. Both those wins were at Musselburgh. He is perfectly capable of making his presence felt in this grade and won round here over hurdles but he looks sure to need it.

Nodform Richard won this off 115 last year and off 117 he has a decent chance. However, this is much tougher this year. The blinkers are back on and McCain also won this in 2008. He has a live chance.

Noble Witness won over this course and distance in December last year off 99 and has won again off 107. However, all his wins were in 0-110 or less and only once has he ventured into 0-120 and was unplaced.

Conclusion: Nodform Richard is sure to be primed for a repeat performance but this is tougher than last year and Honest John looks well handicapped. He beat Chac Du Cadran a year ago and that horse is now racing off 12lbs higher. He his back on his last winning mark and Paul Bohan is well worth his 7lbs claim which gives Honest John a major chance.

Good luck Rob.
Ling 3.30. Grandad Mac.
Probably declined since stable but certanly has a chance in this grade back on flat.

Nautilus (6.20K) has run some cracking races when forcing the pace, beaten by just 1 horse in his last 3 races, and that one's now 21lb higher. Held up lto for some reason (2nd string?) he didn't help himself hanging right on the final bend, and was unable to get involved in what turned into a sprint finish.
Today's track, more positive tactics and a significant drop in class, should see him have the legs of these.

Conclusion: Nodform Richard is sure to be primed for a repeat performance but this is tougher than last year and Honest John looks well handicapped.

Still deserves the :thumbsup::thumbsup: Rob.

Honest John would have been the final leg of an acca for me, with the first three winning. I re-read your post with a view to covering bets/ laying off, then found out it was a n/r.

Touch relieved and a touch angry, but went and backed Nodforms at 3.25.

Not sure whether you have backed it, but I hope so.

Well done again.

3.30 Ling Sommersturm - just read my e-mails trainer fancys e/way chances - sorry its late didn't realise it was running

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back