What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolver 6.50 Sir Geoffrey. Win @ 8.6

Stable at last starating to find winners, with todays jock taking the rides, who is also 1/2 on the horse.

Should hopefully get away prominently and and a good looking mark compared to previous runs over C&D.

I can't back the fav at the current price but no doubt one of the Grayson horses will fly home to touch off mine.

Will put some chicken lay backs in @ 2.12/1.61/1.12

WOLV 4:00 MRS MICAWBER 5/2
WOLV 5:00 HANALEI BAY 11/4

1/4 point EW double

Mrs Macawber is progressing and the drop in trip looks needed.

Hanalei Bay has the experience (which could prove decisive), clocked OK 2 runs back, while the FAV looks a bit dodgy.

Need to be in the first 2 due to the field sizes, but I can only see one danger in each race.

Best I could come up with today.

Heres an interesting question, well it is for me anyway.

Duchess Of Hygrove is now a NR in the 5:00, reducing the field to 4. What happens to my stake if Mrs Micawber wins the 4:00?

Does it all get stuck on Hanalei Bay to win, or does the place element stop with the place return from the 4:00 and only the win element continues to the next race?

In my days as a betting shop manager, it would have been settled with both the win & place proceeds from the 4.00, going on win only in the 5.00

3.35 Lingfield

Yes Chef 12/1 e/w

0-65 1m4f handicap featuring a couple of well backed 3yr old's. Modem who has been running over inadequate trips is sure to improve for the step up in trip but Motivator's are 1/30 over C&D and the blinkers suggest he's not straight forward. India's Song is a danger, perhaps having needed the run first time in a handicap after 6 months off and stepping up to a more suitable trip, however she's still a maiden and has been turned over twice at 5/4 or shorter.
At the prices Yes Chef is a value play. 19lbs below last winning mark coming back to 12f is ideal and having won or been placed in 6 runs from 8 starts on artificial surfaces i think he's an e/w play at 12's with the dead 8 runners.

Call me an after timer if you like, but I was so close to backing Syncopate earlier at 11's. Half stakes would have been the call, but even so.

Good luck, SP. I've not enough time to look, just woke up.

No complaints, got a soft lead, looked likely winner 2f out and folded up like a cheap deck chair

Was a little worried when I lost the safety net though.

I've now found out what happens when the field is reduced to 4 runners. All returns from the first EW are then put on the next to win. Perpetual you were indeed correct. Happy days. :)

Last edited:
I also looked at that one, EC along with Coiste BoDhar in the 6:30. I was a bit too worried about One Way Or Another, and chickened out. Something didn't smell quite right in the 6:30 to me, I think with it being Kempton form.

Going to give myself a push and see if I can get up to date with Kemp.

Did you get the PM about that stayers race? I was curious if you'd gone high.

Last edited:
Grand start to the evening, EC ! :thumbsup:
Drifted out to a lovely price on Betfair just before the Off, too. :)

WOLV 4:00 MRS MICAWBER 5/2
WOLV 5:00 HANALEI BAY 11/4

1/4 point EW double

Mrs Macawber is progressing and the drop in trip looks needed.

Hanalei Bay has the experience (which could prove decisive), clocked OK 2 runs back, while the FAV looks a bit dodgy.

Need to be in the first 2 due to the field sizes, but I can only see one danger in each race.

Best I could come up with today.

Brilliant again Chris:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back