What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he can complete the 4 timer today at Sthwll, battled on very gamely at Wolver lto to just get the better of Scribe and just 1lb worse off with that horse.
Monzino and Yasir haven't proved they stay this distance so hopefully the jump sired Mr Burbidge can just outbattle Scribe again. Any thoughts chaps.

Outbattled him all right!

Well done SJ with Mr Burbidge. Bit of a money spinner. He beat his PB speed figure again yesterday.

ALFRED HUTCHINSON 1.30 LINGFIELD
Alfred Hutchinson wasn’t particularly well in last time in a conditions race. He finished ahead of 96 rated Emerald Wilderness and 91 rated Mias Boy. He raced wide throughout and ran on well up the straight. He is drawn wide again today. Alfred Hutchinson was third beaten 1l off 92 in a 0-95 here in February over this distance. Eight of the ten runners in that race have subsequently won at least one race and he had Verse Of Love and Rakaan behind and he holds them on today’s terms. The winner of that race was Solar Deity who is now racing off 11lbs higher. Four of Alfred Hutchinson’s five wins have come on polytrack and his trainer has done well at Lingfield on the artificial surface this year. Geoff Oldroyd’s record reads; 311381. With Rob Tart taking off a valuable 3lbs, Alfred Hutchinson must go close.

Wandsworth will be a very short priced jolly and he steps up two grades. He won a 0-75 last time; no winners have come out of the race, beating some mainly disappointing sorts. He had previously won a poor maiden. Time could prove he is very well in here off 78 but his price is more a reflection on who he is trained by than his ability shown to date. Varian is in sublime form this winter with 6 of his last 11 runners winning. Wandsworth is by Authorised who is yet to have a winner outside of class 5 at the track, 0-8 in class 4 or higher. He is 2-17 on any all weather track.

Well Painted is well handicapped but he is 0-10 in handicaps. He has never placed in three races on an artificial surface and is 0-3, never placed, going left handed. He is 0-4 over 8f.

Maverik was beaten 1l on a 0-95 last time off 89 and is 1lb lower today. He is 1lbs higher than his highest winning mark. He has to lead and will probably end up in a speed battle with Wandsworth. Jim Crowley is back on board, 4-13 but Maverik has something to find with Alfred Hutchinson on a line through George Guru.

Rakaan won a 0-80 off 80 last time and will have to improve to take this 0-95 off 5lbs higher. The drop back to 8f is not sure to suit, 0-10. He is 3lbs better off with Alfred Hutchinson on their meeting here in February when 2ls behind but was at arms length.

Veeraya has left Haggas and is now with Julia Feilden. He won his maiden here in good style a year ago, his only run on polytrack. However, after a promising second in a 0-85 that has worked out well, he has struggled off marks in the 80s. He showed nothing on his last start for Haggas. Though Feilden is 5-69 with other peoples cast offs, two of the last six have won, she is 0-41 in 0-95 handicaps.

Verse Of Love was beaten 3.5ls in a 0-100 on Saturday here off this mark. He is 0-9 over 8f and has never placed in four races here. He is another who will be in a speed battle.

Favourite Treat is 0-5 on the all weather and his sole win was on soft ground. However, his second over 7f here in October suggests he is suited by the track and being by Hard Spun, progeny 2-7 over 8f here, he should stay the extra furlong. He is another that likes to lead and that isn’t going to suit here.

Snow King has left Gosden after two runs. Powell is 0-8 with other peoples cast offs.

Conclusion: The pace is the factor here and with Wandsworth, Favourite Treat, Verse Of Love and Maverik all liking to lead it should set this up for a closer. It will probably be too quick for Rakaan so that leaves Alfred Hutchinson to pick them off.

cant see Alfred Hutchinson winning in today's field, awful price and conditions to take, wouldn't tempt me unless 20/1, even then you'd still be pushing for a place.

Last edited:
cant see Alfred Hutchinson winning in today's field, awful price and conditions to take, wouldn't tempt me unless 20/1, even then you'd still be pushing for a place.

Any views on what will finish in front of him, or is he just a place lay 2.1 ?

ALFRED HUTCHINSON 1.30 LINGFIELD
Alfred Hutchinson wasn’t particularly well in last time in a conditions race. He finished ahead of 96 rated Emerald Wilderness and 91 rated Mias Boy. He raced wide throughout and ran on well up the straight. He is drawn wide again today. Alfred Hutchinson was third beaten 1l off 92 in a 0-95 here in February over this distance. Eight of the ten runners in that race have subsequently won at least one race and he had Verse Of Love and Rakaan behind and he holds them on today’s terms. The winner of that race was Solar Deity who is now racing off 11lbs higher. Four of Alfred Hutchinson’s five wins have come on polytrack and his trainer has done well at Lingfield on the artificial surface this year. Geoff Oldroyd’s record reads; 311381. With Rob Tart taking off a valuable 3lbs, Alfred Hutchinson must go close.

Wandsworth will be a very short priced jolly and he steps up two grades. He won a 0-75 last time; no winners have come out of the race, beating some mainly disappointing sorts. He had previously won a poor maiden. Time could prove he is very well in here off 78 but his price is more a reflection on who he is trained by than his ability shown to date. Varian is in sublime form this winter with 6 of his last 11 runners winning. Wandsworth is by Authorised who is yet to have a winner outside of class 5 at the track, 0-8 in class 4 or higher. He is 2-17 on any all weather track.

Well Painted is well handicapped but he is 0-10 in handicaps. He has never placed in three races on an artificial surface and is 0-3, never placed, going left handed. He is 0-4 over 8f.

Maverik was beaten 1l on a 0-95 last time off 89 and is 1lb lower today. He is 1lbs higher than his highest winning mark. He has to lead and will probably end up in a speed battle with Wandsworth. Jim Crowley is back on board, 4-13 but Maverik has something to find with Alfred Hutchinson on a line through George Guru.

Rakaan won a 0-80 off 80 last time and will have to improve to take this 0-95 off 5lbs higher. The drop back to 8f is not sure to suit, 0-10. He is 3lbs better off with Alfred Hutchinson on their meeting here in February when 2ls behind but was at arms length.

Veeraya has left Haggas and is now with Julia Feilden. He won his maiden here in good style a year ago, his only run on polytrack. However, after a promising second in a 0-85 that has worked out well, he has struggled off marks in the 80s. He showed nothing on his last start for Haggas. Though Feilden is 5-69 with other peoples cast offs, two of the last six have won, she is 0-41 in 0-95 handicaps.

Verse Of Love was beaten 3.5ls in a 0-100 on Saturday here off this mark. He is 0-9 over 8f and has never placed in four races here. He is another who will be in a speed battle.

Favourite Treat is 0-5 on the all weather and his sole win was on soft ground. However, his second over 7f here in October suggests he is suited by the track and being by Hard Spun, progeny 2-7 over 8f here, he should stay the extra furlong. He is another that likes to lead and that isn’t going to suit here.

Snow King has left Gosden after two runs. Powell is 0-8 with other peoples cast offs.

Conclusion: The pace is the factor here and with Wandsworth, Favourite Treat, Verse Of Love and Maverik all liking to lead it should set this up for a closer. It will probably be too quick for Rakaan so that leaves Alfred Hutchinson to pick them off.
Great call Rob top tipping sadly wasnt on

Great shout, Rob.

I see the trolling is back on this thread now. He has a couple of current alter ego's on here. For a young lad he's got some balls on him, I'll give him that, but not a lot else. I know of at least 3 people on here that know exactly who he is. Thin ice I reckon, each to their own though.

Great stuff Rob & thanks, didnt have time to "troll" ;) the form after the weekend and placed the one bet on your selection for the day.... So thanks mate....

Ling 2.40 Kings Request

Ex Stoute horse who has had the look of finding his right conditions and the money has come in the last 5 minutes.

Great call Rob thanks
Put the bet on before I went out and just got in for the good news

I'm a couple of weeks behind on my Lingfield figures, so I'm not confident about anything today.

LING 3:30 NEVER A QUARREL
Had a quick look at the initial figures and would seem to have clocked well LTO. I don't have time to take it any further though, so I can't go with it.
ROYS LEGACY has been in my notebook for a little while, and could well run a good race today back at this CD. At 12's looks possibly worthy of an EW if there are reasons to oppose Never A Quarrel.

Good luck today and all the best for 2014.

Ling 3.00 Nubar Boy Win @ 8.0
Indian Affair. saver

Iv'e gone in balls deep on NB, even though these Lingfield sprints are tough to call and with another two entries this week he could well find his one in one of those races, but a win in this will at least guarantee him an entry into the weekend qualifiers that start at the weekend

Regardless, he looks on a cracking mark off 59, as he's never run off a mark this low and drops back to his ideal conditions, having run over 7f after a lengthy break and last run looked full of promise.

As usual with these races will need some luck for the gaps to open.

Indian Affair may get involved with a pace battle with Rise To Glory, but I thought he did really well to finish 2nd off a killer early pace, 2nd run back. I'm prepared to forgive last last when drawn out wide and drops into C6 for the first time. The advantage of a pace battle will hopefully create the gaps needed for NB.

No surprise to see strong support for the old Street Power, who they want to retire on a win and on a winning mark, but is just too short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back