What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lingfield

2:30 - I fancy Bold Ring as he is a very experienced type..won a couple of times 'on the bounce', in quick succession, which suggests to me this horses mark has been looked after over the years by his trainer.

Also staggering the amount of times he has won at big odds, coming from a relatively poor run the last time out. I'm going to attempt to catch him 'right' tomorrow..hoping the booking of Jim Crowley is a good sign.

4:15
Another Jim Crowley mount with a good chance must be Sinbad The Sailor who should stay this trip all day and is coming from a 3 month absense. Looking at the horses profile I felt there is another win in him on the A/W. He might burn the field off if he can make use of his stamina.

Singles and a double for me.

Last edited:
1.15 Fakenham Hunky Dorey 9/4

Was monitoring this market last night, not often you'd see the books eager to take on a Best/McCoy h'cap debutant which cocked my ears. I think this Hunky Dorey was the only possible improver against the Best horse and the market would indicate that HD is the winner. Fairly confident that HD is the winner.

Flow Chart 7.30 Wolver 6/1

At a much lower level class 7. Flow Chart won this race last year after a close 3rd in 2012, has a decent C/D record at class6/7 level of 33311336792 on standard going. At class 7 this becomes 312. Peter Grayson seems to have his string running better now inc a 1-2 yesterday and 2 winners and a fair few placed already this year.

Expected him to lead lto but gave Louis Vee too much rope imo, hope he takes his revenge on 3lbs better terms.

Best of luck Simpson, I've bet Busy Bimbo already earlier but hope one of us wins.

Like A Diamond in the next, no need for a write up, calling EC1 and the legend Doomster.........!

Last edited:
Witchwood brook (each way, I'm not rich enough for win only!!!) in the National trial at haydock. Goes on anything, stays forever and it means I don't have to scupper Our Father :) just have a feeling...

Last edited:
Our Father (Haydock) and Kayf Aramis at Ascot later my two strongest fancies today.

San Telm 3.30 Haydock. Pretty decent hurdler, been chasing, has won this race before, handy weight today. !4/1 on betfair but since this is a qualifier cover with plcae bet.

There's tons of pace in the big race at Wolves, and that should favour Forest Edge greatly. Blew in against a similar field over the same trip at Lingfield and, though he can be quirky in the stalls, the general 7/1 more than compensates.

2.00 Southwell King Rolfe 5/2 PP

Taking a chance on this lad going on the surface which hopefully he will. Think he has a few lbs in hand of likely danger Buxom.

The 2:15 at Wetherby tomorrow looks like a guessing game...all will struggle to win the race on their latest outings.
I fancy Legendary Hop as I think it is interesting how this mare carried top weight winning decisively first time out.
She did not beat a great field, but that win was a significant improvement or anything else Legendary Hop showed previously. The guessing part is whether she can find that good form after her last pulled up effort. They should give her cover and hold her up as with previous win............99 is a low chase rating for the horse I believe.

Last edited:
The 2:15 at Wetherby tomorrow looks like a guessing game...all will struggle to win the race on their latest outings.
I fancy Legendary Hop as I think it is interesting how this mare carried top weight winning decisively first time out.
She did not beat a great field, but that win was a significant improvement or anything else Legendary Hop showed previously. The guessing part is whether she can find that good form after her last pulled up effort. They should give her cover and hold her up as with previous win............99 is a low chase rating for the horse I believe.

Nice one Marb...... good finish ;)

This 4.05 looks a tough race, take a chance on Greenhead High fallen to last winning Sthwll mark and Young lass taking 1/2 stone from that. Drawn up the near rail and has stayed steady in the market, small EW bet.

Cheers guys. I did not see the race yet but sounds like a bit of luck was involved with the other one veering left and right, but a win is a win!

Legendary Hop is a horse who will come on a stone for todays run and therefore still a horse who can win more races. Follow her!

Last edited:
Broadway Symphony an interesting contender tomorrow in Ludlow's 2:40.

The horse left Ireland last summer to begin a career over here. He was a good third behind a horse trained by Jonjo O'Neill's called Mountain Tunes, (entered in the Albert Bartlett next month), who is now rated 135.
Broadway Flyer races off a comparatively much lower mark of 115.

That seems like a fair enough rating. I do not agree with the Sporting Life summary that the horse is "harshly treated". This horse can open his account (first time in a handicap) tomorrow after three decent performances in novice/maiden hurdles.

Last edited:
Layla Joan runs again tomorrow 3:10 Punchestown.

I put her up on this thread 8 days ago and She won very impressively.
If anyone watched and remembers the race She travels so so well. Very progressive profile.
The form of that race was franked today. The horse She beat by 6L, Fine Rightly, reappeared and won today by 7L in a similar graded contest.

Layla Joan is back in Ireland again tomorrow and running against mares only. Carberry back on-board again and he has won on her previously too. And the perfect jockey style-wise for this horse imo.
Her 2 biggest challengers in the market are the Mullins pair Upsie 6/5 & Urticarie 4/1. Both of these have struggled with the 2m4f distance previously. I don't think either of them quite stay.

Ground and trip are perfect for Layla Joan and again I think she is a cracking bet at 7/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back