What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard or read good comments about all of these although nothing that gets me really excited but enough for me to have a small e/way interest in each with a view to watching the markets near the off. The one in the 5:05 probably warrants closest inspection but the horse still has it to prove on the course.

2:45 Raya Star & Red Skipper

3:20 Phidippides

3:45 Midnight Opera

4:55 Master Somerville

5:05 Tippering

5:30 Handsome Harry

The Jockey Challenge today (25pts win, 10 2nd, 5 3rd) pays homage to the fact it's now a 2 way fight for the Title, SDS vs Hanagan at Newmarket.

SDS (5)
1.20 9/1
3.00 33/1
3.35 7/1
4.45 11/1 NON RUNNER
5.20 3/1f

Hanagan (6)
1.20 5/1 j2f
1.50 11/1
2.25 7/1
3.35 10/1
4.45 7/2 j2f
5.20 7/1 j2f

Hills would have you believe it's 5/6 each of two, the spread firms have it SDS 21-24 & Hanagan 29-32.

Winners may be hard to come by for either pilot here, but I can see Hanagan with more of the places and in a match at 5/6 looks more attractive. Best to wait until shortly before racing though as NRs score 0 and jockey changes also count.

Last edited:
Zabeel Park's 2yo form must give her a much better chance than 4/1 in the next at Newmarket? Never a problem with a Godolphin horse off a break either - fto is usually the best time to catch them.

Soary's fantasies won't lie down

Wby:
2.15 Dance For Julie
2.45 Cantlow
3.20 Poquelin

Newm:
2.40 Bank On Me

Asc:
2.30 Anquetta
3.00 Via Galilei with small bets on Elsafeer + Drill Sergeant
3.40 Dover's Hill with a small bet on Air Force One

3:00 Takari - I've always thought this horse is well h'capped and hoping this right handed track will suit.

Having been sitting in an A&E room all morning nice tonic to have just caught Restless Harry winning well. Now need any of or preferably all - Weird Al, Sokey Oaket and Balthazar King go in.

Zama Zama in the first at Kempton represents bumper form which I am still very interested in, and 11/4 isn't the worst price relative to the others.

I was going to Dutch the Henderson and Nicholls horses at 3/1 but as an alternative I place laid Dubawi Phanton to a friend at evens.

Watch Daryl Jacob on Billy Merritt - this is the kind of thing jockeys should be banned for, not one whip more than the allowance. Fair enough, the horse ended up nowhere, but Jacob just sat motionless as the others got away from him - surely he is meant to ride the horse with some effort before just giving up?

I was amazed that Ruby wasnt riding the horse and backed him to be unplaced at7/4.I'd say he is absolutely useless and Ruby didn't want to be risking a whip ban-to be fair to Jacobs he did put him in the race.
My place laying came to an end when I rolled over all my profits on the 2nd horse in the first at Wolves-FFS-ridden by a woman as well-thought I was buying money.

I was amazed that Ruby wasnt riding the horse and backed him to be unplaced at7/4.I'd say he is absolutely useless and Ruby didn't want to be risking a whip ban-to be fair to Jacobs he did put him in the race.
My place laying came to an end when I rolled over all my profits on the 2nd horse in the first at Wolves-FFS-ridden by a woman as well-thought I was buying money.

Yes, a negative for sure but surely a jockey has to make an effort? He made absolutely none..

Be interesting to see how he gets on.
Think Somersby is vulnerable here-first time out small field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back