What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard he liked him. But that was a while back

Thanks. I think it's best you put us into a few winners because I have no sense with stacks of money and will end up buying a share off you when I have €20k in the bank.

You went through the Maiden Hurdle putting line's through 18 horses - the girl on the bus said "there's a lot of non-runners at Thurles today" and you replied "no love, these are the non-triers" IMO

Lad at work says to me - There was more triers in the bumper than the whole of the rest of the card combined.

Need your advice,

My cusion rides out for Henry De Bromhead so he's pretty intune with his Irish Racing and has told me two races that could work out well in the future; the race won by Seventh Heaven and Miranda's Girl.

Apparently Seventh Heaven is well thought off and there are two horses representing his formline tomorow; An Cat Dubh and Curia Regis. There is also two representing Mirandas Girl tomorrow including herself and Kathrin Lee.

Any ideas who to put together in the double out of the 4 options?

The beginners chase at Down Royal looks to be a decent race of its type with several capable looking contenders.

Favourite Four Commanders is the obvious one, in that he has already run respectably over fences, finishing second to False Economy at Limerick.

Medical Card was the winner of the most prestigious best turned out award of 2009 (several of the judges were hoping that awarding the prize to her mount might be a pathway to her heart), but in the race itself could only finish second to the incomparable Skorcher, Since then he has run well on a few occasions, but after a poor run back at Navan in the spring the tongue tie was tried on his next two runs, the most recent of which was only last week. He runs without the tie today, which is a hard one to figure but it's enough to put me off.

Eight Is My Number, on the other hand is trying a tie today for the first time after disappointing at Perth in April. If it works he should have a fine chance today.

Another horse to be feared is The Engineer, going straight from bumpers into chases, but the one I'm going to chance is Awkward Moment at 8/1, who should like the conditions, is owned by a local man and has hurdle form at least as good as anything else in the race. Another minor plus point is that False Economy, the horse which beat Four Commanders at Limerick, is a stablemate.

The beginners chase at Down Royal looks to be a decent race of its type with several capable looking contenders.

Favourite Four Commanders is the obvious one, in that he has already run respectably over fences, finishing second to False Economy at Limerick.

Medical Card was the winner of the most prestigious best turned out award of 2009 (several of the judges were hoping that awarding the prize to her mount might be a pathway to her heart), but in the race itself could only finish second to the incomparable Skorcher, Since then he has run well on a few occasions, but after a poor run back at Navan in the spring the tongue tie was tried on his next two runs, the most recent of which was only last week. He runs without the tie today, which is a hard one to figure but it's enough to put me off.

Eight Is My Number, on the other hand is trying a tie today for the first time after disappointing at Perth in April. If it works he should have a fine chance today.

Another horse to be feared is The Engineer, going straight from bumpers into chases, but the one I'm going to chance is Awkward Moment at 8/1, who should like the conditions, is owned by a local man and has hurdle form at least as good as anything else in the race. Another minor plus point is that False Economy, the horse which beat Four Commanders at Limerick, is a stablemate.

Very good write up.

Today there are so many horses I like that I am going to spread my interests around and hope not to end up doing my stones.

Down Royal:-
Nora's Fancy has absolutely hacked up the last twice and while this is a huge step up in grade she definitely is the mare to follow. The favourite is very decent and seems to go well fresh but at the prices (5/1 v 1/1) its NF for me. Trainer is in the form of his life.

I am going against Grey here - Four Commanders at 5/2 is a bet. This more than factors in the distance which may be on the short side for him and the fact that this is an easy 2m4F. I know he is highly regarded and would have to be winning this to move on up in class.

Dundalk:-
Acushladear is zooming up the weights but won with any amount in hand the last day and while this is up in grade her trainer was considering the listed race on the same card after her last win. The key to her has been stepping her up in trip - she was previously handicapped over 6 and 7f and acquited herself very well over those trips but she has been a revelation being extended over 1m2/3 f and at 4/1 - 9/2 is a bet to still be just about ahead of the handicapper. I had her as a bet at 5/2 and she owes me nothing.

Justification - following the master that is SlimChance blind here. Think the favourite is too short here and was outpaced last week although by a potentially useful sort.

Friday Breeders Cup.
Briefly - Homecoming Queen small ew 20/1 - she has finally understood what racing is all about - seems to be improving at a rate of knots and while I know little of the American fillies in what looks a hot race she just might be a blot at that price. Will probably be bigger in the pools.

Dubawi Heights - This seemingly has been her plan all year - marvellously consistent - Miesque seems to like her and at 9/1 with William Hill is a modest ew bet for me.

I fancy him too , and have put him in a little e/way double with Moville in the following race. I will no doubt see you at the track later , in case you reach the bar first ,a guinness for me tks.

Last edited:
Thanks. I think it's best you put us into a few winners because I have no sense with stacks of money and will end up buying a share off you when I have €20k in the bank.

Better get working on the €20k then!! Having lost the Oscar, it appears some of the syndicate members want to go again so on the look out for a horse with potential from a bumper/point to point. Don't miss your chance!!

As for the runner in the big race tomorrow, I'd expect a bit of improvement ;)

Had a word for Velator 4:20 but I'm ignoring it and going for an e/way on a personal fancy Gores Island who I think has done well in two bumpers so far behind Knights Pass and Royal Guardsmen, I also think on breeding he'll be suited by a slog in the mud.

Wolverhampton 5:00: Grand Stitch another i was told to do e/way but the double figure odds have disappeared so leaving it alone. Just putting up to see how it gets on.

Also on Mansonien L'as e/way as ferdy going well just about to go off.

Last edited:
Selection
7/1 - An Cat Dubh

Event
19:50 Dundalk

Market
Race winner

Selection
25/1 - Mirandas Girl

Event
20:20 Dundalk

Market
Race winner

Selection
14/1 - Northern Passion

Event
22:10 Churchill

Market
Race winner

Selection
25/1 - Perfect Shirl

Event
22:50 Churchill

Market
Race winner

Better get working on the €20k then!! Having lost the Oscar, it appears some of the syndicate members want to go again so on the look out for a horse with potential from a bumper/point to point. Don't miss your chance!!

As for the runner in the big race tomorrow, I'd expect a bit of improvement ;)
Watch out for those Northern 4yo Maidens Cantoris - Ian Ferguson has a useful grey gelding apparently ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back