What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby was atrocious on Ceol Rua as well.

I don't think my money was much assistance to Ceol Rua either. Her jumping was poor, especially at the last, when a good one might have made a difference.

I don't think my money was much assistance to Ceol Rua either. Her jumping was poor, especially at the last, when a good one might have made a difference.

I didn't think it that bad. I thought what cost her was Ruby trying to be too clever and waiting till too late, and getting squeezed up among horses a couple of furlongs out. That shuffled her back, and after that she did well to rally.

Last edited:
Missunited each way off the opening show is the bet in the last. Turn And Burn will be sent off too short.

Last edited:
Take the 6/1 Irish Soul (Punchestown 5pm).

Had to settle for 11/2 - out of jail - nice one dot com SC -

I hate backing a non-jigger - there is nothing worse - Mark Walsh didn't give Reizovic a bad ride - he did exactly what he was told to do - get beaten - 5/2 - 5/1 FFS.

Had to settle for 11/2 - out of jail - nice one dot com SC -

I hate backing a non-jigger - there is nothing worse - Mark Walsh didn't give Reizovic a bad ride - he did exactly what he was told to do - get beaten - 5/2 - 5/1 FFS.

I keep telling you to stick to the Slim Chane (of losing) card.

Musselburgh today, reasonable sized fields & 2 races over 2m, 1 an amateur riders race, going good (g/s places).

Total Winning Distance Betting:

Coral - over 17L 2/1
Totesport - over 17L 15/8
Ladbrokes - over 16.5L 7/4
paddy power - over 16.5L 6/4
Skybet - over 16L 15/8
VC - over 16L 7/4
Stan James - over 15.75L 7/4
Will Hill - over 15.5L 9/4
Blue Sq - over 15L 7/4

Spread is 14.3 to buy at. Will Hill bet looks a standout of those offered.

Missed out by a couple - a couple of eased down winners (especially the first race) not helping the cause.

A De Sousa double has soothed things though, and it would take a series of miraculous jockey changes for him to lose the Jocket Challenge mentioned above.

Good call with those two SlimChance, I think you may be running this NAPs comp in your honour!

Savage call, SC.

If I didn't think you were a clueless flute, I would have followed you in.

Guess that makes me a clueless flute.

Ah you still have my dark days of in running.baseball engraved on your memory. I'm a changed man.

Last edited:
Quernstone in the 7.05. Closely related to a Grade 1 winner in the US, and a $750k yearling. I backed the favourite at Salisbury, and he was a little unlucky, but doesn't strike me as unbeatable. 12/1 e/w is interesting.

Ah you still have my dark days of in running.baseball engraved on your memory. I'm a changed man.

Speaking of Baseball, anyone got an interest in the World Series?

* Aftertiming alert*

I backed the Texas Rangers a while back at 14's, and whilst the bet looks pretty handy, I confess it was pot-luck based on where I holidayed in the summer, rather than any real insight.

I've had a small tickle at 13/8 in the Over 8.5 Runs market in tonight's Game 6 outing.

There's only been one real blow-out in the first five games, but these are two high-octane offences and both are well capable of racking-up the Hits. Whilst this isn't exactly a hitter's park either, I figure both offenses will open up (the series has been a bit cat-and-mouse so far) - St Louis because they can't afford to lose, and Texas because they will want to put it away.

Both starting pitchers are useful, but neither are bullet-proof, and the respective bull-pens have had their bad nights too. They might not produce too many Home Runs, but I can see both teams getting plenty of hits, and I'm expecting that they will be able to run a goodly amount of them in.

Last edited:
Good luck! It was the Rangers I was backing last year against the Yankees. I'm a changed man though!

There's only been one real blow-out in the first five games, but these are two high-octane offences and both are well capable of racking-up the Hits. Whilst this isn't exactly a hitter's park either, I figure both offenses will open up (the series has been a bit cat-and-mouse so far) - St Louis because they can't afford to lose, and Texas because they will want to put it away.

Both starting pitchers are useful, but neither are bullet-proof, and the respective bull-pens have had their bad nights too. They might not produce too many Home Runs, but I can see both teams getting plenty of hits, and I'm expecting that they will be able to run a goodly amount of them in.

I didn't know you could speak other languages, Grassy

Before the NR for Fallon, I'd have made it 4/9 SDS, 15/8 Hanagan, 6/1 Fallon, with Fallon's NR more like 2/5, 7/4 & 8/1.

Current prices available in the William Hill "Wednesday Jockey Challenge":

SDS 4/5
Hanagan 7/4
Fallon 4/1.

As comfortable a victory as you'd like, 75 points for De Sousa's 3 wins, Fallon scoring 0 at Kempton (even with picking up one of SDS rides as a spare!) and Hanagan just 15 for a 2nd & 3rd at Muss.

As comfortable a victory as you'd like, 75 points for De Sousa's 3 wins, Fallon scoring 0 at Kempton (even with picking up one of SDS rides as a spare!) and Hanagan just 15 for a 2nd & 3rd at Muss.

Seriously good work Steve... You have a nice position on SDS in the Jockeys Title also I would imagine.

I just backed meitheamh in the first at Clonmel. All over the winner and he fell - that twit on the eventual winner jumped into him I thought. Regardless, it sums up things lately for me.

Hazzard County @ 20/1 is a huge price in the 3:10 Lingfield - ran well over CD three starts back and a winner over a mile at the track two starts ago, excuses LTO when stumbling at the start and upped in trip and returns from a lay-off today so should be fresh enough :)

Martin

Sick as a small hospital tonight when I realized deBromheads winner today had a Betfair sp of 159.
I cornered him at the races a few years ago and told him about winners from the stable I had backed at big odds on Betfair and he was genuinely surprised that anyone would be laying horses at such big odds.

Hazzard County @ 20/1 is a huge price in the 3:10 Lingfield - ran well over CD three starts back and a winner over a mile at the track two starts ago, excuses LTO when stumbling at the start and upped in trip and returns from a lay-off today so should be fresh enough :)

Martin

You're gone at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back