What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've backed Kool Kompany at 7/2. Should be good enough at the grade but concerned about big field and the number of times they've run him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4:30 Ffos Las - Get Home Now 7/1

He won a class 3 H'cap off OR 110 this time last year. He had run 4 times in May and June and then took a month break and returned with this 10L victory.
Similarly, this year he has had 4 runs in May/Jun/Jul and now after a month break returns today off a mark of 113. However, Young Sean Bowen rides this horse for the first time today and takes a valuable 7lbs off, leaving the horse 4lbs well in on that form. Ground and trip in his favour today too. I'm having a decent stab e/w on this one.

I have liked that Tiggy Wiggy for quite a while. Only times I have backed her, she has finished second.

I wonder will they consider aiming her at the Abbaye? Doesn't have the look, page or profile of a 3yo. They are talking about the Chevely Park, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made hay while the sun is shining.

She's quite fast, isn't she!

.......and has been on the go since the first week of the scene, the yard has done really well with her.

Last edited:
that was astonishing win at that pace Bar...they should have gone for the nunthorpe really..what would beat her?

had it been 5f today i'd have lumped on..the first 3 are very good animals and winner exceptional

just watched the reverse angle replay on C4..in the last furlong her legs look like they moving twice as fast as Cursory Glance's..

Last edited:
I've backed Kool Kompany at 7/2. Should be good enough at the grade but concerned about big field and the number of times they've run him.

That went well. Teach me to back one I had doubts about

Apparently the second furlong was just over 10 seconds. Not sure what the fastest sectional you have seen for a furlong.

for a 2yo its unreal

her speed figure before today pointed to her being a mature 105/110 rating...so not running her in the nunthorpe in receipt of the allowance has missed a massive opportunity imo...don't know what figure she has run today yet but the newbury one was immense

Aftertiming and pocket talking all in one post but having cast doubts over Smullen's parentage for 7f of the race, I must give enormous credit where it's due. That was an unbelievable ride and as good as I've seen in a long time.

Haven't seen the race but I'm not surprised -since I started watching racing in the early
80s -going from the King George to York was always a big ask.

i backed tapestry without taghrooda..was just pleased when they pulled clear..couldn't believe she passed her..no excuses..7 length back to the third..great race

It is a big ask going from KG to York as the International also showed .

I am afraid I also think Hanagan was over confident - he thought he could sail into the lead and saunter home - he appeared taken by surprise when Tapestry arrived on the scene - had she been ridden with more restraint I suspect she might still have won .

Gosden seems to think that she was just outstayed which happens on the Knavesmire and the Arc is still the plan - rather odd as the King George is just as big a test , Ascot is a stiff track and they went very hard in that race . I still think they should have ridden her with more restraint and perhaps with hindsight the old KG-York curse meant they should have waited for the Vermeille .

Volume ran like a drain .

Last edited:
4.50 Enraptured is very interesting off 86 here..good form last year..and that Kosika form this year ..ran in a good time...had the 2nd win a listed race next time.

11.0 taken

4:30 Ffos Las - Get Home Now 7/1

He won a class 3 H'cap off OR 110 this time last year. He had run 4 times in May and June and then took a month break and returned with this 10L victory.
Similarly, this year he has had 4 runs in May/Jun/Jul and now after a month break returns today off a mark of 113. However, Young Sean Bowen rides this horse for the first time today and takes a valuable 7lbs off, leaving the horse 4lbs well in on that form. Ground and trip in his favour today too. I'm having a decent stab e/w on this one.

place money safe:cool:

A little surprised Tapestry beat Taghrooda but not massively. She's always been a good filly. Things have not really gone her way so far this season. They both pulled well clear and I wouldn't be too quick to put this down to Taghrooda's Race in the KG for her defeat.

Tiggy Wiggy was superb. 3 top fillies in that race. Looking forward to Cursory Glance stepping up.

Gosden seems to think that she was just outstayed which happens on the Knavesmire and the Arc is still the plan - rather odd as the King George is just as big a test , Ascot is a stiff track and they went very hard in that race . I still think they should have ridden her with more restraint and perhaps with hindsight the old KG-York curse meant they should have waited for the Vermeille .

Hard to believe she didn't stay, considering she was going away from a stronger field, over a stiffer track, at a stronger pace and on slightly slower ground at Ascot.
For mine, it indicates lack of gear change rather than lack of stamina, and doesn't augur well, at all, for her Arc chances. Not - as has been emphasised this week - that the KG form is up to Arc winning standard anyway.

Last edited:
Me thinks that the Eclipse effort just took too much out of her and she met a fresher improving filly today. They were well clear of the 3rd I wouldn t write her off just yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back