What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
12:40 Newbury - Astigos E/W 8/1. While he has struggled to get his head in front in the past, today will only be his 3rd start over fences.
He improved considerably on his 2nd start and stayed on very well to finish within a length of the winner. In this very same race, Astigos finished a length ahead of today's Fav Minella On Line. Today they are both off identical mark/weight and Asitgos is more than twice the price. Has to considered good E/W value in my book and will be going in today's Each Way multiples.

Nicky H reckons My Wigwam Or Yours (2.25) will make up into "a high class staying novice chaser", and it looks like he's prepared to take the wraps off for today's valuable prize.

I'm going to have to take you on with According To Trev, Reet.

Ran a career best last time, which was a taking performance based on his efforts before that.
Pulled clear with Renard, (6th in the Becher Chase) and he must be there at the business end if running to that piece of form, imo.
This was the one I was looking forward to, at 10's and bigger I think Big Mac would call According To Trev 'an e/w thieves bet' :).
Also keen on Winston Churchill at Newbury (1:40) and Refreshestheparts at Lingers (12:30)

Last edited:
Buck Magic seems to have been around for a long time, but he is very lightly-raced, and may have been let in lightly off a mark of 127, in the Ascot 12:40. Happy to pay to find out, at around 10/1.

Buck Magic seems to have been around for a long time, but he is very lightly-raced, and may have been let in lightly off a mark of 127, in the Ascot 12:40. Happy to pay to find out, at around 10/1.

I actually noticed him when studying the race last night. His last win was over hurdles at this track.
And I think he is the only one in the field to have even run at the track previously. He definitely stood out as E/W value.
I went for Astigos in the end, favouring that form line with Big Hands Harry and Minnella On Line, but I would not be surprised to see Buck Magic in the frame. Best of luck with it Grassy.

Last edited:
12:40 Newbury - Astigos E/W 8/1. In this very same race, Astigos finished a length ahead of today's Fav Minella On Line. Today they are both off identical mark/weight and Asitgos is more than twice the price. Has to considered good E/W value in my book.

The Market adjusted and their prices came much closer together. Minella went off 11/2 and Astigos 7/1. Place landed to keep the E/W multiples alive at least. Shocking run from Minella all the same. Was out the back early doors. No surprise he drifted from 3/1 to 11/2 in some places. Somebody knew Something :whistle:. And as for Gervey Chambertain....... that horse would break your heart if you followed him previously and not today!

Good luck EC. Had got as far as thinking the second and third favs in that race were as good as the fav, but couldn't split them. You've just done that for me, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LAIKA runs in i minute Benny..should beat miniskirt on their last meeting..only just spotted it

you mentioned it other night..this slower surface may suit

Last edited:
2.30 Southwell
Westminster - Been watching this one a while well down the weights now and saw a lot in his last run. Hopefully can pick this lot up nice and easy. Max bet.

Going to have a little EW bet on Showtime Blues, not a bad 1st run and 1 or 2 of Perretts have run quite well recently, took 11/1 with the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back