What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby made it profitable but not by much. Struggled otherwise. Struggling from the drink as well!!!

Missed all the action today and just got home to find that Mon Parrain the old dog has gone and shafted his mark for the Grand National.
Fan-dabi-bloody-dozy!!

May the bookies continue to fail to give Rock on Ruby the respect he deserves ! Twice now at Cheltenham he has been an insulting price .

In the bumper at Ayr (15:45) Another Bill looks the goods, but have done a small R/F with this favourite and Krasnodar. The latter might improve on his last run at Carlisle.

I backed it Bolero but my bottle went and laid it back when I thought it was beat...............loss of 4.28p quid instead of a win of 120 .....Bummer!!!

Going to have a small EW bet on Snow Dancer who i put up last time it ran, where he came up against 2 hugely improving horses in Jersey Cream and Percys Princess. Travelled very well in the race as he did race before but found little on the run to the line, hopefully this 1f shorter trip might help the old boy get home. This is a poor race and should be involved at the end, only small stakes though.

Secondo (2.35L) gave Boom The Groom a 5l start into the Wolverhampton straight, and then had to be switched around most of the field before closing him down at the line.
3lb better terms and a little more luck in running ought to see him reverse the placings today, even though the market seems to ignore it.

The ground made for some iffy races. I wouldn't take the form too literally.

Brilliant ride by Geraghty on Triolo D'Alene, I thought, and great to see the Hennessy getting another boost with both him and Unioniste running so well.

Last edited:
Secondo had a poor start , and never in it after that , next time maybe

Dunno, Oz; he needs held up anyway and ran like a crab, basically.
Might be the Lingfield hill, as he also hung right down Goodwood's, but certainly didn't seem to be putting it all in from a fair way out.
He's definitely much better than that.

David Pipe's Sail By The Sea makes his chasing debut today.

He's currently 3rd favourite in a small field and the fact he's been off for 207 days would normally be a worry but I'm not so sure it is.

He had been off for over 400 days when running away with a hurdle race at Newton Abbot and looked a class act.

I'm sure David Pipe has something much better in mind for him but I doubt if he'd be sending him here needing the race at this point in the season.

Grumetti disappointed last time and Alan King's horses have been running pretty poorly since the cold snap.

Could be they have been held up in their work so until they start winning again they may be best watched.

Chris Pea Green loves the course but he's far from unbeatable and 10lb could seem lie 10 stone if Sail By The Sea sets the pace I think he will.

Sail By The Sea never looked like stopping for one minute when winning by 25 lengths last time

I reckon we are in for a make All Pipe special today despite this being his first try over regulation fences

For those with weak stomaches when they are at the start if he looks like he's going to make it he will at least be a good back to lay in running :0)

Last edited:
In the 13:55 Thurles Spiker The Biker e/w appeals at the currently available 10/1. This will be a real slog and even though he is still a maiden over rules his form is not that bad. P2P winner in the mud in Ireland a while back. Certainly bred to stay well.

Last edited:
Jonners makes the long trek to Musselburgh to ride Royal Player in the 3m handicap chase (15:00) for Phillip Hobbs - the trainer's sole runner at the track. Royal Player won LTO at Ludlow, which is a sharp, right-handed venue i.e. identical to Musselburgh, and the available 5/4 is verging on generous, if you ask me.

Jonners takes one other ride today - Vision De La Vie - for Pauline Robson in the 14:30. Weather here is bright and sunny with little wind, and if my garden is anything to go by, the reported Good-to-Soft should be broadly accurate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back