What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Grassy well spotted I almost stopped for the day ....2.16 and stuck the winnings on King Palace...def no more bets for the day now;)

Have had a little EW bet on Eium Mac of Bycrofts in the 1st at Southwell, noticed him running on well on his 1st visit here lto into 3rdbehind Novalist and a well supported one of Applebys Sleet, doing his best work at the end of that 7f race, the 4th Abmirable Art came out and won at Lingfield this week. Up to a mile this time, has EW possibilities imo, have backed at 16+ on betfair, 12/1 still available.
Old boy General Tufto runs well in January, inc winning this race last year and if in a going mood could be the fly in the ointment.

Wonder if we can get a repeat result of this race, General Tufto is 6lb better off today so in theory should be capeable of reversing the result. I've backed Eium Mac to repeat the dose at 3/1 and will probably have a saver on the Tufto IR if he gets behind early from his low draw.

Thanks Benny, would have preferred the other way around but got the R/F again, decent prices thanks to all those false gambles!:)

I never do forecasts but backed EM last time on your advice, and had already noticed/backed GT today as I remembered you said he came good at this time of year. Basically, I owe you a pint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life and Soul in the 2:00 tomorrow, down on a handy mark and hopefully the 90 + day break will allow him to recapture some of his best form. He'll be a backable price.

Last edited:
We're on different sides of the Fence on this one' John Ferguson's New Year Day has raced well in far better company than this but has been off for almost a year.

Citizenship will be all the rage here but I'm not so sure the form is up to much. Tistory went off a short price favourite and ran a stinker which left very little to beat.

While Life and Soul may be off a 2lb lower mark than his last win most of his wins have come well into the year and all on fast ground>he has avoided soft ground like the plague. He may just be having a prep run here.

Sir Valentino usually runs a good race and looks like the most likely winner

I was tempted to back him but JF is in cracking form and if New Year Day doesn't take a big walk in the market I'll be backing him

To say John Ferguson's Swivel wasn't off a yard at Kempton would not exactly be exaggerating.

Fair enough he probably wouldn't have won and maybe if they had been more active with him he'd still have been beaten the same distance which is often the case when a horse needs the run.

He went into a lot of people's notebooks and they seem to be piling it on today as he is now odds on.

Noel Fehily kept him prominent in the race but when he lost 2nd place Fehily made absolutely no effort to try and retain the position and sat and watched as the front 2 went further and further away.

He made a sort of effort before the home turn which took him into 3rd, looked like a bit of a fact finding experiment, and it wasn't until he was rechallenged for that position and the race was all but over did he ask the horse to make an effort..........He manged to hold the challenge off by a few lengths without much fuss and help on for a place.

Whether that run would be considered strong by pro race watchers or not I wouldn't have thought so.

I don't think he should be odds on and I certainly don't think Golden Spear should be the 9.6 I took on Betfair or the 2.46 he was for a place.

Golden Spear was in the throws of running a big race and may well have beaten Seamour the other day.

Jack Quinlan certainly was riding with a lot of confidence turning for home and was travelling as well as the winner until Henry Brooke lost and iron on In Vino Veritas and veered abdly left at the 2nd last taking Golden Spear with him.

Through sheer inexperience Golden Spear plus a bit of help from HB's mount was still running at a what looked like a 45 degree angle as the came to the last and jumped more across it as over it and crumpled on landing.

With a clear round today he could go very close and at the prices looks worth a few bob. I have split my stake so if he only places I am still making a decent profit.......must be something Slim said about EW betting being profitable :lol:

That's my 2 for today the odds say I got them ass for elbow but we'll see

Last edited:
He was being naughty so we told him to go sit on the chair in the corner...................anymore of his nonsense and we have left instruction for the chair to be plugged in :lol:

He took the cream puff because some people disagreed with him and said he had enough or some sh!t like that.

His method of finding winners got results but they could cause a fight in an empty room

It's a sad truth that the more you try to explain where you are coming from with a system to some people the more frustrated they get.

Too easy to ignore the overall picture and pick bits out you can say are crap.......that is, if you are that way inclined and there is one in every village

What I would say to EC1 is don't post how you come to your conclusions if you can't handle the flak ya big baby :lol:

Really hope the guy comes back as life would be very boring on a forum if everyone were to run about saying I agree with you

Everyone is going to be told sooner or later "Don't talk Shyte" and that's something at times we all do, unless you believe you are some kind of racing god who is never wrong.

Miniskirt (5.15) set a stronger pace latest, and was rewarded by beating Laika (consistent at her own level) 7l further than she had previously. Both T/S and RPR mark that a significantly improved performance, yet the OH has raised her by just 1lb. Worth a punt at around 5/1 to find out who's right.

220 Southwell Putin can out run his big prices on b/f trainers been well out of form but back at a mile and for once ,I think r r kneller can be a plus today
Wolvo 545 Kindlelight Storm given a diabolical ride by j Mitchell lto this should run well here with change of jock
Wolves 615 Gabrial the Duke Another horse given a poor ride by Samantha bell never put in the race at any stage lto should run well tonight with a decent jockey aboard ! E/W doubles & trebles

Pepite Rose will be more at home with todays conditions as she was in her last two runs.

That said she so little in her last 2 outings she looks to be going nowhere and even off todays mark she looks very vulnerable.

Highland Retreat despite s few less than professional jumps won without turning a hair last time up and looks to be improving.

The fact she get's weight from Pepite Rose is an added bonus but even off level weights I'd be inclined to still back her.

7/4 looks very big and AP on board is a nice plus

Highland Retreat**** 7/4 looks an exceptionally good bet to get stuck into and add some coppers to the Cheltenham Bank

Steel Summit won with so much in hand on Wed he could hack up again if it took very little out of him.

Available at 2.4 as I type if he adopts the same tactic and goes off in front and looks to be travelling as well as he was on Wed he's an absolute certainty to go odds on in running.

If Wed race does take it's toll I reckon it will be late on in the race

Had today winnings on and will green up in for a good profit running all being well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back