What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Unico (Southwell 1.25)
Should improve for the step up in trip and apparently in great order. 3/1 currently.

Have had a small dash at Catching On at Wetherby. Unexposed at 3m+, in against a shower of open-books today, and a win would likely get him into a Festival handicap without too much grief.

Fairyhouse 2:45 Hard Bought steps up in trip, but having put away the improving Fort Carson the last day (giving lumps of weight away) he looks a genuine type who can appreciate it.
Fort Carson actually could frank that form in the 2:15, but in any event Hard Bought looks a good bet on a decent and workable mark of 100. Hard bought is bang in form and surely must go close to winning as long as he stays.

Last edited:
Local Hero could pick this lot up and carry them on a good day.

AP has been booked which isn't exactly unusual but a good day looks likely

Steve Gollings is smart enough not to be sending him into such a poor race half cocked

Local Hero 7/2 only bet today

At 13-y-o Prosecco is quite the old boy now, but is still capable of giving it a real go in the 14:50 at Ayr today.

2.30 Lingfield

Forceful Appeal

Form on AW when mark is below 84 = 1111.
Mark has just dropped from 84 to 81.

Form in class 4 = 16111
has been contesting Class 3 to reduce mark.

best price now 10/1

Nice to see you back EC, hope you're back with a winner. Best price 15/2 now, which I've taken each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.30 Lingfield

Forceful Appeal

Form on AW when mark is below 84 = 1111.
Mark has just dropped from 84 to 81.

Form in class 4 = 16111
has been contesting Class 3 to reduce mark.

best price now 10/1

You may be a filthy sand-gobbler bedecked in bri-nylon and dandruff..........but it's good to see you back. :cool:

Steve Gollings is smart enough not to be sending him into such a poor race half cocked

I'm in too. It's been a while since he's won but has slipped to a mark where he looks thrown in and has been running in much better races than this

You may be a filthy sand-gobbler bedecked in bri-nylon and dandruff..........but it's good to see you back. :cool:

looks like dandruff..but found its sand:)

aye..life's too short..same as my temper sometimes...sorry to anyone i've upset...too hasty sometimes...don't like purposeful baiting..don't mind constructive comments though...sorry to Simmo...you just posted at wrong time etc..lets forget and move on.

looks like dandruff..but found its sand:)

aye..life's too short..same as my temper sometimes...sorry to anyone i've upset...too hasty sometimes...don't like purposeful baiting..don't mind constructive comments though...sorry to Simmo...you just posted at wrong time etc..lets forget and move on.

Good man. Onwards and upwards.

Cheers Wilson+Grass

a particularly interesting race later as one i have 7lb above its mark is trading at 22.0 at the moment, pretty unusual situation although have had a couple like this recently and both placed [sent Slim one by pm] so am going with this one as well

6.30 Kempton

Ertidaad ran to a 79 figure behind wentworth falls on my figures over this c/d in November and has since stretched put over 7f last time but i think this one is being undervalued here back at 6f...not a major bet but at the prices at the moment am going to back 80/20 place+win ..small amounts showing at 22.0 & 6.8 at the moment.

In the race i also have Harry Hurricaine 7lb in hand of its mark..probably the most likely winner but at the prices it has to be ertidaad.

volunteer point ran to a 78 fto and obviously could improve so is also a threat but both trainer + sire have decent FTO stats so there may not be lots more to come from that one..prices of both of these doesn't appeal as much as ertidaad obviously..who should really be in the mix here

cracking little race really

Last edited:
Lingers 230 Anglophile has a turn of foot which is rare for thes distance races Two horses I'm taking on are Mr bossy boots 230 lingers and Blue Aegean 630 both these look beatable

I'm sticking as many of these fancies as possible in a Heinz and hope the Talking horses mafia can make me a few quid!
Best of luck everyone.

Cheers Wilson+Grass

a particularly interesting race later as one i have 7lb above its mark is trading at 22.0 at the moment, pretty unusual situation although have had a couple like this recently and both placed [sent Slim one by pm] so am going with this one as well

6.30 Kempton

Ertidaad ran to a 79 figure behind wentworth falls on my figures over this c/d in November and has since stretched put over 7f last time but i think this one is being undervalued here back at 6f...not a major bet but at the prices at the moment am going to back 80/20 place+win ..small amounts showing at 22.0 & 6.8 at the moment.

In the race i also have Harry Hurricaine 7lb in hand of its mark..probably the most likely winner but at the prices it has to be ertidaad.

volunteer point ran to a 78 fto and obviously could improve so is also a threat but both trainer + sire have decent FTO stats so there may not be lots more to come from that one..prices of both of these doesn't appeal as much as ertidaad obviously..who should really be in the mix here

cracking little race really

Good shout, buddy.

Just noticed Denis Hogan brings the apparent no-hoper Lukes Benefit over for his first run outside Ireland in the next at Ayr.

I've had a small interest bet to satisfy my curiosity, given it's a shocking affair, and not beyond a horse with only three legs winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back