What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Newlands horse is also entered in a 19f race at Exeter so I wonder if he's not sure about which distance would suit him? Not had the horse long, has he? Which horse should you back? Haven't got a clue other than not the one I'd back if I was having a bet [which I'm not].

Moe? Exeter next race on Monday and don't think there is a 2 mile 3 furlong race on the card.

Found the entry and it's in a 2 mile 1 furlong at Exeter. my basic maths make that 17 furlongs.. or thereabouts :) So can see what you mean about the different distances.

Last edited:
Funny race the 1st at Market Rasen.

Current betting would indicate the Norviak will go off odds on favourite

I don't know how big he is but he has some stride on him. He's very athletic and it's not so much he pulls hard as it is he uses himself a bit too much during a race imo.

He seems to be stretching right out with every stride when 3rd to Pallasator at Newmarket but at the business end he was wandering all over the place coming out of the dip as if the tank had emptied.

There was no sign of any change to that when he ran over hurdles and he could be worth laying today as he might manage to beat himself again

NJH's horse is hard to weigh up. but could easily win and Steve Gollin's horse Deficit look a decent ew bat

Norviak LAY

Small EW saver on Deficit

1:10 Giolo di Vita Win
Small Saver on Pyrshan

Thanks Moe & Tanlic for the input.

Last edited:
Wolf; my computer is crashing constanly these days so, when I read something I have to rely on my memory which is useless these days.....

He's still a short price but Don Cossack is a cracking bet at odds against today.

Arguably Champagne Fever's best run came in the Clonmel Oil but beating Alderwood 6l when in receipt of 4lb still gives him something to find with Don Cossack who beat the same horse a similar distance when conceding 10lb at Punchestown.

True, Champagne Fever won fairly comfortably but Don Cossack did equally so and I know that collateral form can be misleading and the fact that Don Cossack is 2lb better off then he would be if this was a handicap aren't reasons alone to lump on the Giggi horse but add in the fact that Mullins has already expressed concerns about CF having a hard race at Kempton 3 weeks ago and Don should be favourite.

Today may be the day he finally steps up to the plate but for me Champagne Fever has been too much of a talking horse since switched to fences.

Funny race the 1st at Market Rasen.

Current betting would indicate the Norviak will go off odds on favourite

I don't know how big he is but he has some stride on him. He's very athletic and it's not so much he pulls hard as it is he uses himself a bit too much during a race imo.

He seems to be stretching right out with every stride when 3rd to Pallasator at Newmarket but at the business end he was wandering all over the place coming out of the dip as if the tank had emptied.

There was no sign of any change to that when he ran over hurdles and he could be worth laying today as he might manage to beat himself again

NJH's horse is hard to weigh up. but could easily win and Steve Gollin's horse Deficit look a decent ew bat

Norviak LAY
Well I got that race wrong but well done with the lay.

I like your reasoning on Don Cossack Wilson, good luck.

Last edited:
Well I got that race wrong but well done with the lay.

I like your reasoning on Don Cossack Wilson, good luck.

tbh I ended up looking in late and he was odds against so I backed Nicky's horse instead......same end result.

well done WILSON!!! never had a bet myself bc I was watching some other race and missed it

Watched the replay just now..........you lucky sod:lol:

Was never in doubt but thanks ;)

Seriously, I think he'd have won anyway but more importantly where do they go from here with Champagne Fever ?

There would have been no disgrace even if he'd stood up and finished second but another case of a quality Closutton novice hurdler failing to show the same level over fences.

Best thing they could do imo is to put him in a couple of the easiest races they can find even over hurdles if they had too then off to the sales with him. I am of the mind he would have won but I still wouldnt trust him to carry my money if he was 1/5 for Hexam seller...exagerated but you follow my drift

Avidity (2.10) travelled like the best in the field 2 ago, then fell in a hole in the closing stages. Connections clearly decided the first-time tongue tie hadn't worked and gave him a wind-op.
Subsequently travelled the best in his latest, and despite the heavy ground, dotted up from a fair marker with the rest beaten pointless. Expected to improve again today and 5/1 looks generous.

2:25 lingfield CLUB HOUSE - I've received a positive word for this today. Forgiven the slow tardy start lto. Would have been a lot closer to the winner. Loves the course and well drawn on the same mark as last time. Must go very close

Good luck lads. I've had a few bob e/w on Idol Deputy in the 1:20 at Lingfield. Very positive in the betting on the day they've mysteriously put the first time blinkers on. You could do worse than have a saver on him e/w based on the money coming for it alone as I have.

Last edited:
I liked the name.This Sabre Rock was extremely impressive last time and it might take the handicapper another month or so to get to grips with him

I would be having a lot more on if there was a pro on board but at odds against the horse is grossly overpriced

My money's on and the only reason I am posting is to keep me away from putting more on..........Steering job if Miss Birkett can steer

Nice, mid week shite racing, at least the jolly won for you matey. :)

Last edited:
She did well the horse did even better.

Lot of interest in Bitofapuzzle today at Ascot and both Dark Spirit and Land of Vic have chances.

Carole's Spirit however has been where these horses may be heading and at the weights look very well in despite top weight.

The one I fear most is Mischievous Milly who showed all of her old sparkle and looked a huge danger to John Quinn's Aurore D'estruval for a brief moment before her lack of fitness told approaching the last.

I could see her reversing placings with Dark Spirit and giving the fav most to think about.

Looks a tough call but all things being equal Carole's Spirit should just come out on top.

Carole's Spirit 9/4

Carole's Spirit and Mischievous Milly RFC could pay a decent dividend

-----------------

Kiami Bay would have won without a doubt if not falling at the last when well clear LTO

Easily isn't I would use is this case because the horse was that far gone when he came to the last he couldn't raise a leg and just fell over the last rather than fell at it

In cases like this it's too easy to fall into the "Unlucky last time will win this time mode"

Perhaps he will but I prefer Aso. He met a very good sort when 3rd to Caracci Apache and he and the 2nd have both won since as has Aso.

No hard luck with him just decent form and a horse who looks to be going the right way.

Aso 3/1 should be gettable

-------------

Haven't done a 3 cross for a very long time but I am today

Carole's Spirit 9/4
Aso 11/4
Sprinter Sacre 10/11

3 x 20pt doubles and a 40pt treble William Hill for a sporting bet

g/l all

Last edited:
8/1 about Reality Dose in the penultimate race at Naas seems very big to me - horse has won this race for the last two years and races off just a three pound higher mark than in 2014 today.

Wouldn't worry that he's not shown much in the mean time as he rarely does and he's sure to have been lined up for the threepeat so to speak :)

3.00, Ascot

I like the look of the returning Sprinter Sacre. Previously a pretty decent animal, he's had his share of unspecified health problems of late, but I'm hearing that he can return today to something near his best. I'm inclined to put this slightly-under-the-radar beast in one of my accas today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back