What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local Hero could pick this lot up and carry them on a good day.

AP has been booked which isn't exactly unusual but a good day looks likely

Steve Gollings is smart enough not to be sending him into such a poor race half cocked

Local Hero 7/2 only bet today

Nice to see the winners keep coming from Zarkandar's Triumph hurdle. Recall the season after almost everything in that race won at least once. Tempted to back the fella for the World Hurdle now [emoji41]

cheers C

no joy with the speculative one earlier.

8.00 Roy Rocket is 7lb better than its mark judged on the run behind Habesha..got 18.0 on this earlier and thought it wasn't a trier and would probably drift...but has now come in to 12.0..can win this if ridden more efficiently than that run 2 ago..place bet as well

Looks to be a couple of opportunities at Southwell tomorrow.

Junior Ben at 14/1 could be a decent wager. He can't drop much further in the weights and the Shaw camp reach for the visor. He seemed to race a bit lazily last time ridden after a couple of furlongs and I think the headgear along with extra 1f in trip can do the business. I'll probably get on the place too, just incase.

Good luck.

he took a pull and took it to the back just like in habesha's race..no problem but they then slowed it down after the initial fast pace..if they had kept motoring would have won imo..has run past most of the field who still had petrol left..some burst of speed there..then gets beat for 3rd

this one will win for sure they go an honest pace throughout

Last edited:
Strange race -the horse that finished 3rd played up on the way to the start-pulled hard early in the race looked beaten but stayed on for a place.

cheers C

no joy with the speculative one earlier.

8.00 Roy Rocket is 7lb better than its mark judged on the run behind Habesha..got 18.0 on this earlier and thought it wasn't a trier and would probably drift...but has now come in to 12.0..can win this if ridden more efficiently than that run 2 ago..place bet as well

I backed Habesha to win and yours each way. Second and fourth by narrow margins - bloody typical!

Anyway, three losers posted today - who are you and why have you hacked EC's forum account?! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's second fav at best price 5/1 but surely top weight Djakadam has something to prove, especially over the trip, so Gallant Oscar has a lot going for him in the Thysetes.

I would be concerned normally over his record on genuinely heavy ground but Geraghty is so good in these type of races that his booking could negate that worry and only the topweight's trainer/jockey can explain why Gallant Oscar isn't favourite.

I predict he will be at the off.

Tony Martin has said that 3m on deep ground is his forte; looks to have been kept for this since last season (hasn't hung about over hurdles, in the meanwhile), and that BG's over there for just the one ride all suggest a big run is definitely on the cards.

The Thyestes looks as unfathomable as ever, but have rowed-in with The Job Is Right, who should at least be plodding-on dourly in the Heavy ground, long after others have given-up.

Had myself 30 quid on Holywell at 12.72 in the hope Jonjo doesn't change his mind and switch to the chase. Que Sera

Wherever he goes he'll be in the mix as he's not going for a look at the people.

the tougher the race he has the better and he's certainly got every chance if ratings have anything to do with it.

If he goes for the Chase I'll worry about that if and when it happens.

A last race bumper at Warwick isn't usually my idea of fun but today is a bit different.I hope.

This odds on shot of Tizzards cost a bundle and despite his first run being nothing special they threw him head first into the Bumper at the Festival

He certainly got a champion's name :Royal Vacation, but whether he's as good as his name sounds remains to be seen.

He went off at 50/1 and ran ok in the Bumper but too far back to judge what he is or might be.

He's had plenty time to improve and could hack up I suppose!

Another trainer with a good rep is Alan King and if it came down to looks he'd be 1/5 to win.

I read he was unruly in the paddock but settled well in the race which was a bit of a weird affair.

The horse that led had Roy Rogers on board (go watch it) and there were only a few runners

King horse was going well enough, jockey tried to come through on the inside and got cut off and badly hampered
He completely lost his balance for a stride or two, his jockey switched him got him balanced and he went in pursuit of the winner.

Took him a bit too much time to pass the back peddling horse who had hampered him for my liking and there may not be much of an engine in there
Again with time off (41 days) you would expect him to have also improved.

I backed a horse of WM's Katies shoes something and it lost as they do but the winner to me looked like a horse with a future
so I stuck him in my little reminder list

Quite surprised to see he has left Gordon Elliot and is now with Sarah Humphrey which doesn't exactly inspire.

Probably bought to sell on I assume.

Top Man Marty went off at 20/1 unfancied and the way he was going 4 furlong from home you'd have laid him at 3 times those odds.

He was the first to come under pressure of those looking still to have a chance but he found plenty for pressure and kept responding all the way to the line.

The others may turn out to be better than him but in todays conditions they are untried whereas you can be guaranteed this horse will still be galloping when most will have cried enough

Top Man Marty 1pt win and 2pt place on the machine

On a day where my two least favourite AW tracks [until i suss Chelmsford out anyway] have racing i'll put up ..to follow.. horses that i would prefer to be running at Wolves or Kempton..they are all horses who have shown they are better than their marks at the moment..but not on these surfaces....i'm sticking 20 sheets on each because if i miss a silly priced winner i'd be kicking mesen

2.40 Captain Future 2.78 taken
5.40 Burning Blaze 20.0 taken
6.10 Dangerous Age 17.0 taken
6.10 Doctor Parkes 9.6 taken
6.10 Harrogate Fair 26-29.0 taken

Jadanli in the big chase at Gowran for me....won this exact race 2 years ago off identical rating. A lightly raced 13 year old, who was running a good race at cork last time until falling. He's old enough and wise enough to get over that and go close today. I've respect for Grassy's selection as well.

Last edited:
Well that dispelled any stamina doubts about Djakadam.

I don't think mine was suited by the fog and at least I got the part about going off fav right - Slim would be proud :)

Last edited:
Well that was fun

Held up when he won in Ireland so they decide lets make the running duh!!!......apparently she said after the race will improve when it's foggy:cool:

I'm having a bet at Chelmsford on Virtual Reality 3.15

Holding fav position over a Gosden runner and an Hills horse tells me all I need to know.he said hopefully

Just a shade of odds-on (10/11) and just the 4 runners but INVETISSEMENT should have no problems getting back to winning ways at Lingfield. Beaten again by La Estrella last time out but nothing of that calibre in this field and looks a penalty kick. I think i'll double it up with SHANTOU MAGIC.

aye..it gets like that on this thread sometimes Ricko

one over the sticks that i think is stand out value tomorrow is The Giant Bolster in the 1.50..have greedily snaffled 8.0 on betfair...some really odd prices in this ..smad place 11/4..wtf..never won a graded chase..laughable price...dynaste 2/1 ..never on this earth on that ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back