What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a decent look at the 2:10 at Leicester. My first thoughts were the favourite was quite short and I'd try to find one to take him on with, but after a longer look it seems Until Winning can do the business.
A concern is what went wrong at Sandown on January 3rd when Until Winning was 100/30 favourite but well beaten.

However, the horse bounced back in a big way at Ludlow next time on his first attempt over the minimum trip of 2 miles over fences when he hosed up by 7 lengths.

His first introduction over fences was behind Rhapando and Cloud Creeper at this track Leicester running a good 3rd place.

So the fact he's ran well at Leicester before, dotted up at Ludlow last time, got form behind horses rated 119 and
125 in Rhapando and Cloud Creeper, do indicate a ten pound rise for the last win still make a mark of 114 look very workable.

Until Winning is a very worthy favourite and should take a lot of beating, (that's Irish for I think he'll win by half the track. :) )

Last edited:
3:40 Leicester

Although Cloud Creeper looks an exciting 125 chasing prospect as I have already said above, this doesn't necessarily make him a certianty tomorrow. Dare To Endeavour has to put three shocking runs behind it, but has beaten some very useful horses in his limited career, is 3/6 over fences and is 3/4 in class three races. Taking everything into consideration including the relative prices, if Dare To Endeavour did recapture his form, I think he'd have Cloud Creepers measure, and he's worth a bet.

If Until Winning and Dare To Endeavour both win I'll owe Tom George a pint. :)

Last edited:
Although owned in a partnership by a friend of mine, I really think that this distance is not what CLOUD CREEPER wants, I think it will be a better horse when its put up to over 3 mile......... I have backed IN FAIRNESS who ran no sort of race in December at Sandown when fading badly in the latter part of the race.

The only other interest today is DE BLACKSMITH 3.50 Font which I have a small stakes E/W bet

Elsie 10/1 E/W BET365 in the first at Thurles is overpriced. Has a lot of G2 and G3 experience compared to the others and has been a little unlucky a couple of times. Paul Townend back on board too and Elsie will defiantly appreciate the better ground today than last few starts. 10/1 E/W is cracking value imo.

Elsie 10/1 E/W BET365 in the first at Thurles is overpriced. Has a lot of G2 and G3 experience compared to the others and has been a little unlucky a couple of times. Paul Townend back on board too and Elsie will defiantly appreciate the better ground today than last few starts. 10/1 E/W is cracking value imo.

As is Cowards Close in the Royal Artillery Gold Cup with the same firm.

He'll go off around the evens mark IMHO and is currently available with 365 @ 9/4. 6/4 best elsewhere.

Nicholls loves this race and the jockey has an incredible record for an amateur at this track, including a win in this race last year. 6-15 showing 40% WTR.

Disappointed with my two today, especially Until Winning. He doesn't look the most genuine type after today.

Tomorrow On Trend for Nick Gifford in the 2:00 at Sandown is worth a small bet. I like his form here in early January when fifth behind behind Unioniste here at Sandown. That was probably a better run than it first looked, as the horses who filled the places ahead of him were rated much higher. If he could run to that form he's a good chance. The handicapper has given him a chance and decent ground could suit.

Last edited:
EC1 post.

5.40 Wolves. First Rebellion + Louis Vee
First Rebellion noted 4th December when i also noted Studfarmer to an even higher degree ..that one put in a remarkable sectional..they ran that one at wolves twice before it came back over 6f at kempton and won. First Rebellion wasn't as impressive as that one but still showed he can win off this mark..got trapped out wide last time..worth a go today at 14.5

I've had that horse posted elsewhere for Kempton, back up to 6fs tonight, just not sure wether will be suited by this surface but has won on soft/G/S.

not backing anything here Stew until i get something to follow that has done it at the track..its basically a southwell type in that the form from other tracks rarely seems to make sense here

As is Cowards Close in the Royal Artillery Gold Cup with the same firm.

He'll go off around the evens mark IMHO and is currently available with 365 @ 9/4. 6/4 best elsewhere.

Nicholls loves this race and the jockey has an incredible record for an amateur at this track, including a win in this race last year. 6-15 showing 40% WTR.

11/8 now with 365. 6/4 biggest.

1.30 Sandown

On lines involving Kayf Blanco + Beatabouthebush I think A Little Bit Dusty looks well in here with Nafaath to the tune of about 6lb..the RPR's make Nafaath the best in here..so on that basis I think A Little Bit Dusty is decent bet here in respect to the rest of the field. currently 9.6.

2.50 Fakenham

Canuspotit looks well in on his last run, 3rd there 10 lengths behind,has won since and the winner looks a likely improver.

Runs off the same mark here....3.35 taken

Last edited:
2.50 Fakenham

Canuspotit looks well in on his last run, 3rd there 10 lengths behind,has won since and the winner looks a likely improver.

Runs off the same mark here....3.35 taken

I've takem him om with Full Ov Beans. Has a terrific record around here and in the form of his life at the moment. But for the heavy ground and 3f step up in trip he would probably be going into this on a 5-timer, and the current 6/1 is just too big.

Last edited:
Cheers guys and yes EC, I did have a fair wedge on last night at the 9/4 in my original post.

I'd like to think it was my bet that seen it move into 11/8 in a matter of minutes but I very much doubt it. It's easy in retrospect but their odds compiler made a serious rick on their first show yesterday.

and well done yourself on a nice winner.

few run tonight off to follows

5.15COLOMBIA
5.15MAJENSKI

6.05SALVADO

6.15HARRY HURRICANE
6.15PHARMACEUTICAL

6.45LA ESTATUA

7.15JOHN REEL

7.45CAPTAIN SWIFT

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
[TD="width: 67"][/TD]
[TD="width: 173"][/TD]

</tbody>

Last edited:
I took 11/4 on Paul nicholls horse tomorrow at Ascot in the opener.
he should be favorite in my book.

As big a fan of Tea for Two as I am I can see that big time. He ran poorly when confronted with a similar small field earlier in the season. I hope whatever happens tomorrow Nick realises a big field at the Festival will suit the horse a lot more.

GAS LINE BOY in the National trial at Haydock E/W and MINDYOUROWNBUSINESS at Lingfield 3.45

good luck to you all

GAS LINE BOY in the National trial at Haydock E/W and MINDYOUROWNBUSINESS at Lingfield 3.45

good luck to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back