What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underwriter in the last at Uttoxeter tomorrow. Dont' beleive they are running this horse for fresh and fun after such a long break. Best handciapped horse in the race bar the Peter Bowen trained favourite. I'll have a few bob on before the off.
How can you judge how well handicapped a horse who last ran in 2008 is?

It's a subjective statement Rory. He is in a h'cap and he does have a rating, so I am entitled to an opinion on that rating.

Last edited:
Yes you can! Fair point.

The key is having the balls to act before the move. I backed one last week that was off the track for over a year at 8/1. It wad hammered in the morning trading but finished a galant second albiet well held (3rd fresh air) to the form horse in the race. All about having the courage to back your own opinion. If it wins the 20:20 merchants will be quick to point out the formlines.

Last edited:
Here we go again ...

Wincanton
2.10 Upham Atom
3.20 Stagecoach Danman

Leics
1.00 So Is She
1.30 Bon Spiel
2.35 Amuse Me

4lb penalty puts me off BA.

Royal Charm - Nicholls believes this horse could be a potential star this year.

I'd go along with that, as Boston's Angel might find this on the short side, without proper cut in the ground.

In the 5.00 at Wolves, Ocean Bay showed signs of returning to the form that saw him a close-up 5th in the Superlative (where he ran green), and connections probably need a hike in his mark to justify his Dubai aspirations.
Was 13/2 earlier, current price suggests I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Fingal Bay reminds me of Monsignor, and I expect him to despatch these today with aplomb.

I don't see what is so amazing about Fingal Bay that has got everyone excited - what am I missing?

Fingal Bay looks a good prospect and won well despite the mistake last time out but the price for today is too and he should be layed at those prices

Sizing Symphony is interesting and Simonsig could be anything.

Very good race.

Let me expand...

I don't believe Fingal Bay's mistake cost him very much at all the last day. He seemed to very quickly regain his rhythm, and hence I would discard that mistake in the sense that it meant be would have otherwise won by more.

Well regarded is an interesting barometer - both Fingal Bay and Jump City beat him by 9 lengths, and the 3 pounds more Fingal Bay carried is negated for me somewhat by the fact Jump City looked an easier winner. Regardless, there is little between them, yet one is 11/8 and one is 15/2.

Fingal Bay, ridden right out, beat Barbatos, an unfancied 16/1 shot rated 125, by 3.5 lengths giving 3 pounds. On that same weekend, and over the same course, Sizing Symphony beat Bold Addition, rated 138, comfortably by 7 lengths. Fingal Bay is 11/8 today and Sizing Symphony is 11/1 - this makes absolutely no sense, as both have showed a lot of potential and are unbeaten this season.

It seems to me that the whole reasoning behind Fingal Bay being the next coming are Hobbs' view of him and the fact people seem to think he would have won by further the last day even though his mistake to my eyes cost him nothing (and he made the mistake, hence it shouldn't be factored out anyway).

The 2 above are hugely overpriced, massively so, and whilst I have no form grounds whatsoever for this, I think Simonsig could be something special. I'm pretty sure Fingal Bay isn't.

Fair play for sticking your neck out.

It is a very good field and it's probably true that Fingal Bay, excellent prospect though I think he is, is too short at 11/8.

Walkon - possible place lay?
While this horse is a class act, Alan King is keen to say this horse will be coming to hand later on in the season.

1.20 - Trafalgar Road - Charlie Longsdon likes this horse alot and he believes he could be a top class horse not to be underestimated, he says he is a relentless galloper with a huge engine, could be a star. (This is the one from the yard Longsdon is most excited about) has had a long time off injured and as long as he doesn't bounce from his effort L/T/O his odds could look generous.

Last edited:
12:30 Exeter The Clyda Rover @ 12/1
12:50 Sandown Malanos @ 7/1
14:30 Sandown Quinz @ 5/1
15:40 Sandown Kings Lodge @ 3/1

Backing Zaynar at 4/1 slowly coming back to himself bit by bit and the weight concession he is getting from NDLT will be massively in his favour.

I'm on Notus de la tour, looks a natural chaser to me and Walkon will need to be at his best and jump well first time over fences.

This is the best bet of the weekend for me. Anything bigger than evens is good enough for me.

I'm on Notus de la tour, looks a natural chaser to me and Walkon will need to be at his best and jump well first time over fences.

This is the best bet of the weekend for me. Anything bigger than evens is good enough for me.

I'm against him with the penalty and the 2 better hurdlers. Good luck.

Impressive enough from Walkon, if he keeps improving from that he will be useful indeed.

Small multiple now running onto Simonsig and Bostons Angel with two good singles on them as well. Could be a good day.

Can't believe the price of Simonsig. Sure, he has quite a bit to find on ORs but he looks to have any amount of potential..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back