What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a half hearted selection in the 4.40..a weak maiden..Paco Pat is a big price but led some good hosses last time in context of this race..faded 2 out over the mile..if it has speed to be with these early it could hang on..worth a go at the price..currently 22.0

the 5.40 has a very short fav in Paris Magic..big figure FTO ..good enough to take most maidens at this track..and comes out the true winner of that race with soldier in action on my calcs..so has "won" a maiden already. I'll also be watching Ballard Down for future reference in handicaps..last run was way better than it looks..shouldn't threaten teh fav here though.

PP ran on for 4th..a bit annoying with the winner as i scoured this race and even though the winner had run in the best figure race i had it had been beaten such a way i thought..no. ..should have allowed for teh greeness..has gone of a silly price in what was a poor maiden..goodness knows how the fav went off that short

Anyone seen this gamble on Mick Easterby's Curzon Line in the 1430 at Southwell? Looks a lay to me, I know he is a rogue but the form is poor and Gibbons is riding one for Barron in the same race.

Bonkers. 25s into 9s

Ascot
12.50 Kerrow 4/1

2.30 Le Mercurey 9/4

On my reading of the form these two should be clear favs - 2 singles and a double.

Ascot 1.20
Ozzy Thomas form last time out looks solid with the front two having pulled well clear of a decent sort and the winner defying a 7lb rise to beat the progressive Jayo Time on Wednesday (front two well clear)

A patent with the above two beckons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4.55 Cavalieri ran a big figure two ago and wasn't at best last time but was still expecetd to beat temporan..is 1lb better off here and a return to that previous win form will see him win this

Last edited:
last throw of dice before xmas..had a £1 Canadian to pass the afternoon on

12.40 Oriental Relation
13.30 Air Of York
13.40 Always Welcome
14.10 Go On Go On Go On
14.40 Moonbi Creek

Happy Christmas everyone:cool:

would have a treble up now if Air Of York had dead heated..as it certainly looked..i had it AOY winning or a dead heat..was amazed when it got called 2nd

NJH has praised Altoir to the high heavens and he's lived up to the hype but I was really taken by Open Eagle in what was only his second run over hurdles

Ruby rode him with remarkable confidence giving the front 2 a 4 length start from the home turn and the leader wasn't for stopping.

When Ruby popped te question the horse quickend up in great style and he may just have a bot more speed than Altoir round here.

Open Eagle 7/2 with PP looks as good as it gets

Open Eagle has an entry in a 3 mile race at Limerick during the week -I think he has enough questions to answer to merit a place lay.

Big day for me:

Rashaan, Tea for Two, Ttebbob, Sizing John at Leop'
Tea for Two, Conti and Don Cossack at Kempers.

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Sumos Novios will be in his absolute element over 3 miles in deep ground in the Paddy Power and the sponsors 12/1 is a cracking price.

I really hope you're right so it'll be a no bet race for me as if I was forced to bet it'd be on SDG as there shouldn't be such a dfference in their price, based in large to Sprinter putting up one good recent performance where he beat Somersby by exactly the same distance as SDG did LTO.

"What are you backing today ?"

Well, nothing actually but I thought I'd point out Folsom Blue in the Paddy Power Chase at Leopardstown who is 3/3 on heavy ground, trained by Mouse and with a 5lb claimer on, only carries 9st 13lb

Worth a sporting ew with four places ?

Finished 3rd at 20-1, opened at 25-1

Last edited:
True enough but difference for me was SS unopposed having put them to the sword earlier. Likely had more to give if he had to. Whereas SDG was all out. Agree discrepancy in price looks too big though

Most books paying 5 places on the Paddy Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
"What are you backing today ?"

Well, nothing actually but I thought I'd point out Folsom Blue in the Paddy Power Chase at Leopardstown who is 3/3 on heavy ground, trained by Mouse and with a 5lb claimer on, only carries 9st 13lb

Worth a sporting ew with four places ?

Decent shout DG
That race looks as difficult as the Grand National,the Epsom Dash and the The Fred Winter rolled into one!
Watching brief I think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back