What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn twig hoppers

only other interest is Rocket Rob in the 3.00..should be finishing fast and late in this easier race than last time with pace to aim at.

Mnella Rocco apparently jumps for fun but took off a mile too early on his second chase. Huge ask to be taking on these already proven novices but at odds of 12/1 he's worth an EW bet.

Not too sure Top Notch is up to winning the Relkeel now the season is getting going. Cole Harding for me despite this not being his best trip

Always thought there was a good race to be won with Seventh Sky. I may have missed the boat as he won the Tommy Whittle but he loves going left handle and might just defy his penalty.

EW doubles trebles and singles for small money....Happy New Year all

All over Top Notch in the Relkeel. Cut and two and a half are his conditions plus Identity Thief and Hargam boosted his form over the holiday period. At 5/2 I'd back off levels.

Had a wee double on Aubusson in the dipper and Singlefarmpayment in the handicap hurdle. The former has a massive amount of scope and whilst he jumped well enough on his chasing debut at Uttoxeter I think the better pace they'll go today will help him. Three Musketeers the obvious danger. Singlefarmpayment I had to stick in my tracker after his second at Ascot, a great effort despite his being all over the track. He's 7lbs higher today but the winner of that race has won off a 9lb higher mark recently.

Have place-laid Alternatif in the next at Cheltenham. Won a shockingly-poor race last time, and finds nothing off the bridle.

Giving another chance to Minellla Rocco. Missed the 12/1 but on at 11s with SkyBet (win portion refunded as a free bet if beaten)
Top Notch for me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The novice chase looks a fiendishly difficult race to solve and is probably best watched. However I'd give a slight preference to Volnay De Thaix who is one of three getting a valuable 7lbs in this ground.

He must have been 20 lengths clear of the eventual third as they cleared the last. Fair shout, just found it funny.

3.15 SOUTHWELL

yulefinegold holds a strong piece of handicap form against subsequent class 2 winner gabriel the hero..dipped last time but back against claiming hosses here ..albeit higher supposed ratings ...and back at 12f can win this

David Loder's is an interesting entry in there Cheltenham Bumper, and I've helped myself to some 10/1. Loder won't ever have too many runners here, and this one is unexposed after a single winning start in a Bumper at Warwick (beat nothing, mind you). Harry Skelton an interesting booking too - suggests they might just about be serious about the race.

Last edited:
Melodic Rendezvous (3.35) takes a huge drop in class today, and his record on heavy ground is an imperious 2111111
6/1 freely available, too.

Golden Chieftain is an interesting one in the vetaran's chase at Sandown (3.00). He stays well and will love the ground. Can see him picking them off late on and looks a great e/w bet at 14/1.
Dissertation (Southwell 3.40) also looks a decent e/w price. It is her first run here so hopefully she takes to it. She has yet to get her head in front but does have ability and this trip could be the key to her. 12/1 available.
2 singles and a double.

Sandown 1.50
Arthur's Oak. Now 5/1 with Betfred not sure how long that will last or max stake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tolworth looks interesting...Yorkhill beat nothing but did it well but over 2m4f in a bog.

ooseven represents NJH who wins this nearly every year and his form was just boosted by stable companion P Bond.

Welsh Shadow was beaten by Yanworth in the fog so how easily or if there were any excuses is hard to say.He hacked up since and looks very useful.

Any one of the 3 could win this..Yorkhill looks too short, I don't think NJH regards his that highly so Welsh Shadow EW at 6/1 for me

Melodic Rendezvous (3.35) takes a huge drop in class today, and his record on heavy ground is an imperious 2111111
6/1 freely available, too.

Melodic Rendezvous could threaten to run well Reet, but he's been in decline for a while, and I don't think he is worth backing (imo). Rayvin Black on the other hand was pitched well above his class level in the Ladbroke Hurdle, so I'm forgetting that run and not concerned about how far down the field he was. Rayvin Black has just turned a relatively young age of seven. There are more handicap hurdles to be won with him. This looks one of those today. He was second in the Imperial Cup last year here at Sandown, (yesterdays Cheltenham winner Camping Ground was back in fourth), and with the three pound claimer taking the ride he is by far and away the best bet...both win and place...in this race. I believe he will out run odds of 14/1. I think bookies are attempting to put punters away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back