What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One that takes my eye today is Sky Watch (14:45 Plumpton). Reasonably consistent in the context of this tough little handicap, and might well surprise in a return to hurdles. Will stay the distance, ground OK, and does not seem to dislike Plumpton. 9/1 at the moment, so will probably go e/w.

That was worse than awful! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Putting up a selection in a class 6 at Southwell wouldn't be my speciality, but this one caught my eye as I remember Simpson Jersey putting it up last January when it won at 16/1.

Horse is Eium Mac - 1:45 Southwell

This is his time of year - ran well on reappearance and should be primed to strike this time. Loves the fibresand and 8f in a class 6 is perfect.

I'll be having a bit of 11/2 each way, and maybe a small saver on the old stager General Tufto, who is looking well handicapped on his best form and chased the selection home last January.

A bit of fun and if they all come in the last selection is aptly named :whistle:

AYR through-the-card

12.55 Conquer Gold

1.25 Sevenballs Of Fire

2.00 Lakeview Lad

2.35 Kilbree Chief

3.05 Glen Gyle

3.40 Oil Burner

4.15 Landmeafortune

Putting up a selection in a class 6 at Southwell wouldn't be my speciality, but this one caught my eye as I remember Simpson Jersey putting it up last January when it won at 16/1.

Horse is Eium Mac - 1:45 Southwell

This is his time of year - ran well on reappearance and should be primed to strike this time. Loves the fibresand and 8f in a class 6 is perfect.

I'll be having a bit of 11/2 each way, and maybe a small saver on the old stager General Tufto, who is looking well handicapped on his best form and chased the selection home last January.

Well remembered Benny, think he has a very good EW chance and will be looking to get a few shillings on the General in running! Good luck.

3.55 hierarch

usually needs a good pace..won last time despite not getting it..so must be on good terms with himself..

every horse here apart from him like to be on the pace so the race should be run to suit him..again runs against 0-60 hosses carrying the penalty. Looks a strong bet.

have fattened it up with small doubles and treble with nafaath 1.45..and furiously fast 2.10

Good luck on the combo's EC, with you on Heirarch, thought it should be favourite by my reckoning.

Had a few wins on that Jonnie Skull over the years, will pop up again at some point off this mark but not against these.

Interesting you've gone for Furiously Fast. I am going to take a speculative gamble on Running Wolf. dropped a couple of lbs since last flat run and whilst competing at a lowly level over hurdles has been running well with a win or two and some placings, clearly fit and a few weeks off racing so fingers crossed it will be ready to go today.

Jockey bookings suggest he has little chance, but I'll take my chance with Suntiep each-way in the Thyestes today.

He was a horse on an upward curve before injury intervened, and he has conditions to suit. It's his first run in nearly two years, so he is hardly a good thing, but I've had a nibble at 20/1 this morning. I have also had a little on The Job Is Right. I backed him in this last year, and whilst he was outclassed by an amazingly-well handicapped Djakadam, he was booked for a clear second before coming down at the last.

Tr
uthfully, both probably want a bit further than this, but neither is particularly-harshly handicapped, and the Heavy ground and uphill pull to the line, should favour the real stayers, rather than the notional class-acts (none of whom look remotely as well handicapped as Djakadam proved to be).

I've reversed the pair in a forecast, to complete the madness.

Last edited:
Good luck with that Grass. My sole bet of the day is in the same race and is rather predictable and boring by comparison. I took the 8s about Mala Beach this morning (still available with Fred I think).

He signed off his hurdles career with an easy victory over 3m here in a Grade 2 and had previously posted solid efforts, would have an outstanding chance off these weights on his hurdle form but has some chase form that puts him in the thick of it too and has conditions to suit, nice weight and good trainer / jockey. The obvious concern is the jumping but he'd be < 4/1 if that wasn't in doubt so you pays you money, ...

7/2 looks slightly overs about Martello Tower in the Grade 2. I don't like the favourite and the selection needed the race lto.

I've gone for Rule The World in the Thystes. Has been running well in big handicaps without getting his nose in front. He's been creeping up the weights as a result but has a useful 5lbs off his back today.

I backed Folsom blue in the paddy power and see no reason to abandon him here. Low weight, jumps, goes in the ground.

My Murphy e/way for me - off the same mark as last year when finishing 2nd to Djakadam - Had a nice comeback run in December at Navan and imo the Paddy Power came too soon two weeks later as was pulled up. I think this race may be his seasons target although that could be said for many but a repeat of last year he should go close.

Folsom Blue for me too.

Also have a couple of Venetia's running that I fancy, Coleman back on board for both, Renard and Leviathan. Both better than bare form suggests and although ground against the latter I think will give me a run.

Good luck all.

a couple of weeks ago i mentioned at exter a bumper horse that ran on slower part of track and that if it had run further out would have won..on the same card i noticed the same thing about a hurdle race..the race won by Emerging Talent..the 2nd horse might have won that race if it had not run in the glue inner..GALA BALL..runs in the 4.25 wincanton..should beat the fav today if that thoery holds water

My Murphy e/way for me - off the same mark as last year when finishing 2nd to Djakadam - Had a nice comeback run in December at Navan and imo the Paddy Power came too soon two weeks later as was pulled up. I think this race may be his seasons target although that could be said for many but a repeat of last year he should go close.

Good shout, chef.

i had 5 quid on this and Urano..well done Chef..will get a few guinness's and drink to your health.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back