What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golly Miss Molly (3.30L) won as she liked stepped up in trip latest, and 6lb more weight oughtn't be a problem round this sharper track.
7/2 looks good.

In the last at Huntingdon (15:50) the favourite Briery Belle will be very tough to beat, but I'll take a chance with the German-bred mare Caitys Joy. A lot to ask for after a 404-day absence, but she's got plenty of stamina in her pedigree, and, although she should handle the testing conditions, trainer Warren Greatrex feels his mare would be more suited to better ground. So a word of caution in this respect.

Last edited:
I've backed Midnight Silver and En Passe in that but I'm always wary of opposing a Greatorex horse. Caitys Joy has had problems so perhaps they're having to try her on softer ground.

Caitys Joy ran well but did need the run in the end, and probably will do better on decent going. Favourite won well in the end but did not look like doing so entering the straight?

Sharjah was the other one I was about to post. Might want to cash out! ;)

drops in class an 1lb of rating tonight Ricko..not lots of pace to face either..should be able to remove it from the to follows tonight..last stab

5lb better off with udogo from the night i noted it..was better than the winner that night as well once pace is corrected

Last edited:
drops in class an 1lb of rating tonight Ricko..not lots of pace to face either..should be able to remove it from the to follows tonight..last stab

5lb better off with udogo from the night i noted it..was better than the winner that night as well once pace is corrected

Yep, time to take him out :)

I like Open Eagle in the Leamington.......should go well on the ground.

I backed De Kerry Man at Cheltenham last time, and he went well for a long way (unlucky UR), and will give him another chance today off a feather-weight.

Trusting Wayne Hutchinson to have chosen the right one with Sego Success. Also Final Nudge ew in the Leamington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houblon has been a cliff horse for me this season, backed him every run. I'm giving him another go because I think if he's allowed to get into a rhythm he can make his mark count - I don't think he's gone at the game, just needs everything to go right. Last time out Venetia's claimer was horrible on him.

A strong pace here will suit Whispering Warrior down to the ground in the 3.20 @ Chelsmford.

Trusting Wayne Hutchinson to have chosen the right one with Sego Success. Also Final Nudge ew in the Leamington

When your luck's out it's really out. Also backed Rigadin and left the winner alone [emoji849]

had a fun bet in the Boylesports just based on past trends.....lottery of a race as usual.

Whatsforyouwontgobyu ...fits the trends nicely....having a tenner on

good luck today everyone

Just heard the lads on attheraces talking about the weight Barry gravity has to make. He plumped for after rain and I'm wondering would he have chosen sir scorpion if he was able to make the weight. I don't think the handicapper has gotten his claws fully into sir scorpion yet. Small ew sir scorpion 20/1 in a very open handicap.

Or Barry Gravytrain given the jobs he's had (and what he used to charge in expenses to come over and take an outside ride)?

Well to add to the pile.... I like the look of Princely Conn, was well backed in the country hurdle with McCoy on board and IMO it just didn't like chelts. It was 2nd to stable mate Sir Scorpion (if you like this) over course & distance back in Feb beaten only 1/2 length giving the winner 20lbs plus (11lb today) its pass 3 races a Grade 2 Hurdle prob too much and the others over the wrong distance. @ 40-1 e/w with 5 places a little punt for me.

Also got the Kalkir ticket too, but somewhere I read that the Ricou had ridden Kalkir in France before, so 10% rise on the "going to vegas" on the winnings meter ;)

new leyf ...at 24.0 is worth a tenner in the 4.10..needs a very strong pace and is on a winning mark here..won't see him until last 10 yards..if its an on day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back