What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glasgow Central in the last at Lingfield. The money is properly down on this one. I'm late to the party but 9/2 still available.

Glasgow Central in the last at Lingfield. The money is properly down on this one. I'm late to the party but 9/2 still available.

Well done

[TABLE="class: tbl t3, width: 288"]
<tbody>[TR="class: strong"]
[TD="class: ixt"]1st[/TD]
[TD="class: ixt"]1 Glasgow Central[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]4/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: ixt"]2nd[/TD]
[TD="class: ixt"]4 Sexy Secret[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]16/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: last-child"]
[TD="class: ixt"]3rd[/TD]
[TD="class: ixt"]9 Top Pocket[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]5/1[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Good job Benny.

As expected many of the Nicholls horses have been going off shorter prices than they should be this week and there's an argument to be had that a handful today will too but that said he really does look to have at least three cracking chances (in order of preference)

Stilletto - Warwick 3:40. Has hit the deck twice but only defeat in completed chases coming when making the classy Violet Dancer pull out the stops over this trip, albeit in receipt of 8lb.
Theeaglehaslanded - Warwick 3:10. Has won all completed starts on Gd-Sft or better, looked good LTO and will have conditions to suit today.
Bill And Barn - Exeter 8:00 - 2 from 2 in points and the trainer's strike rate with bumper horses has been fantastic. I prefer the chances of this one to his Warwick 4:40 runner as the Skelton horse looks like he could be tasty in that.

None are much of a price so I've gone for a win only on Stilletto and a Yankee by adding On The Bridge in the hunter chase that closes the Warwick card as the form of this 130+rated horse's impressive debut hunter win would be a big step up to what his main market rival would be used to.

Last edited:
My modus operandi very rarely involves laying horses, but I'm tempted with Townshend at Perth today. He's a horribly short price for a horse who ran so poorly last time out. That said the opposition isn't that deep so he may win by default, but I don't see how you could possibly back him at 4/7.

I agree. I backed the Elliott horse against him.

For the other thread really, but I also have the Elliott horse in an ew treble with two Nicholls horses at Warwick.

I agree. I backed the Elliott horse against him.

For the other thread really, but I also have the Elliott horse in an ew treble with two Nicholls horses at Warwick.

I'd be a bit concerned about the poor run from the Elliott horse yesterday.

And the poor recent form of the Elliot stable too. I was tempted to back buyer beware today, but Elliot hasn't had a winner since before Aintree and a lot of his horses (that I backed) have run well below form.

Last edited:
Ticking Away (3.30) has been a revelation since dropped back to 5f and allowed to bowl. Up a stone today, but absolutely laughed at the opposition in his previous 2 races, and this stiff 5 on g/s should suit ideally.
His owner usually buys horses to sell, but looks determined to hang onto this one, and - at the general 4/1 - the hint should be taken.

I've taken 7s about Adaay in the mile race at Sandown. Belardo looks the likeliest winner right enough but not convinced the ground is soft enough and I think he's been overrated through his run last time out where conditions were perfect for him. Adaay powered home in the Hungerford over 7 and whilst he isn't guaranteed stayer I think it's worth taking the chance at the price. Not enthralled with the other oppo - Dutch Connection and Toormore look exposed and the latter has a penalty.

Going to Doncaster today

Bets are on

3.55-Ancient Astronaut @ 15-2 [Paddy Power]
4.25-Celtic Sixpence @ 6-1 [Boylesports]
4.55-Top Boy @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
5.25-Grapevine @ 9-1 [Betway]

£10 Win on each @ BOG

I am sweet on Goadby in 4.25 at Donny but not much has gone my way this week. Enjoy yourself Placebacker.

Last edited:
Going to Doncaster today

Bets are on

3.55-Ancient Astronaut @ 15-2 [Paddy Power]
4.25-Celtic Sixpence @ 6-1 [Boylesports]
4.55-Top Boy @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
5.25-Grapevine @ 9-1 [Betway]

£10 Win on each @ BOG

Grapevine close 3rd @ 11-1 the nearest I came to a winner

Edgar Balthazar (2.10) Haydock
Progressed well last season for going up in trip on better ground
Drops back a furlong but there should be plenty of pace on gets his ground and receives weight all round bar one from some out of form rivals,so he's no 25/1 shot in my book.

Thanks. I'm not mad about that one, Tan. :)
I've taken in enough information on here to create a media empire.
I'm not sure I can allow anymore in. :)
The brain is an organ.
Information processing devices have storage limits...
If you read enough of chit chat you might develop locked in syndrome...
I'm sticking to the summer tipping compo.

Last edited:
Funny Oyster in the opener at Bath. I put her in the tracker when she ran well at Windsor a week or so ago. The winner got first run that day and pissed up at Epsom last week. That race was part of a two division handicap and the other division (in a slower time) went to a horse who won nicely enough at Haydock on Saturday. Funny Oyster looks very solid today and I'm happy enough with 9/2

Pontefract. One of my favourite flat tracks, and Newmarket Warrior can collect in the 3: 10. Good chance on last two starts at the backend of last season.

Last edited:
Road to Riches in the big race and I like Mizzou in the Sagaro. Clever Cookie is to be feared obviously but Cumani's charge was in front of him in the Lonsdale and 4/1 is fair. I actually think CC is backable also, the angle on the race is Flying Officer who has a 5lb penalty and should be longer than Mizzou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back