What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I'm hopeful about Pearl Spectre in the 5:00 at Ascot. He's a tentative selection.

Last edited:
Road to Riches in the big race and I like Mizzou in the Sagaro. Clever Cookie is to be feared obviously but Cumani's charge was in front of him in the Lonsdale and 4/1 is fair. I actually think CC is backable also, the angle on the race is Flying Officer who has a 5lb penalty and should be longer than Mizzou.

Oh my ******* God. You really are a curse! Backed RTR but would never have considered it if I'd read this first!!

Sorry dude. I'm just glad he got up to be honest. So amazed he fell also, up to that point he had been perfect at almost every fence.

Sorry dude. I'm just glad he got up to be honest. So amazed he fell also, up to that point he had been perfect at almost every fence.

Exactly my thoughts. I did check he was ok first before posting that. Horrible fall.

That was pretty much the Irish Gold Cup all over again. Gigginstown colours falls when set to win with Carlingford Lough staying on past everything to win.

One runner at Sedgefield today, Discoverie 3.55 around 7/4

2 tonight

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 626"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: first"]28Apr16[/TD]
[TD]6:50[/TD]
[TD]Discoverie SEDGEFIELD (Overnight), Wills Property Services Handicap Chase[/TD]
[TD="class: right, align: right"]
<button class="has-popup btn btnBet bubbleShow btnLight button-B32" title="4 with Coral - Click to bet" type="button" style="-webkit-appearance: none; border-radius: 3px; width: 53px; margin: 0px 2px 0px 3px; border: 1px solid rgb(0, 64, 160); box-shadow: rgb(225, 224, 224) 0px 1px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 23px; font-size: 1em; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; white-space: nowrap; background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(0, 129, 227) 0%, rgb(0, 64, 172) 5%, rgb(0, 80, 184) 15%, rgb(0, 89, 192) 40%, rgb(0, 129, 222) 100%); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Bet now

</button>

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: separator, colspan: 4"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7:20[/TD]
[TD]Azure Glamour SEDGEFIELD (Overnight), Sprayclad Handicap Hurdle 9/4[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

I could really do with Sunny May winning this at Punchestown.

Last edited:
Finn Class(Thirsk 3.55) shaped well in the spring mile at donny and finished ahead of Wilde Inspiration who went close at Haydovk last week.

Lucky 15 on Jamie Spencer in the first 4 at Goodwood to win the price of a BMW.He has ridden a couple of good winners this week and I wonder does he have the jockeys title in the back of his mind.

Interesting gamble happening on the Terry Warner owned horse in the 4:10 at Uttoxeter. You've been warned. .:)

Last edited:
Lucky 15 on Jamie Spencer in the first 4 at Goodwood to win the price of a BMW.He has ridden a couple of good winners this week and I wonder does he have the jockeys title in the back of his mind.

Had him first one in a treble n duly screwed it straight away with that ride on Bateel - just gave the hoss way too much to do with trying to do a Scobie Breasley from as far back as he possibly could :mad:

Hamilton 5:05 -
I like the top weight, Gun Case. Only ran 8 times, winning twice. I like the fact he's ran well on different goings though, this signals versatility.
He has changed stables, while making his seasonal reappearance today. Top weight may put people off, but 74 is still no mark. I reckon he can be competitive against this opposition. Basically, he looks one of the best today (of a mediocre bunch). The price is value.

Last edited:
The 4.50 at Bath looks a poor race. Elocution got handed a mark of 48 after running over inadequate distances in 3 maidens. Could be very well in here in a race that wont take a lot of winning. Still 2/1 with Bet365 - Strong bet

The 4.50 at Bath looks a poor race. Elocution got handed a mark of 48 after running over inadequate distances in 3 maidens. Could be very well in here in a race that wont take a lot of winning. Still 2/1 with Bet365 - Strong bet
That's the 4th mention I've heard for that today. Much as a handicap at Bath only just qualifies as proper racing, I've had to go in myself so good luck, MFM.

Well apart from Punchestown its been a funny few days.
I only apologise for the last few here, proper donkeys. Hopefully I can do some damage next week. ;)

Last edited:

Well done :)

[TABLE="class: tbl t3 mobile-collapse, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="align: center"]1st (4)[/TD]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[TD="class: ixt"]7 Elocution[/TD]
[TD="class: ixt"]D J Coakley[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]8-10[/TD]
[TD="class: ixt"]Oisin Murphy[/TD]
[TD="class: mobile-hdn, align: center"]5/2

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Nice shout
Love the username by the way :)

Cheers guys. Thanks Fonz, I fell in love with racing watching Moscow win that champion chase in 2005 and the Tingle Creek a few months previously...

As Archie alluded to, a far cry from Bath on a Monday afternoon :)

2 tonight

<tbody>[TR]
[TD]6:50[/TD]
[TD]Discoverie SEDGEFIELD (Overnight), Wills Property Services Handicap Chase[/TD]
<button class="has-popup btn btnBet bubbleShow btnLight button-B32" title="4 with Coral - Click to bet" type="button" style="-webkit-appearance: none; border-radius: 3px; width: 53px; margin: 0px 2px 0px 3px; border: 1px solid rgb(0, 64, 160); box-shadow: rgb(225, 224, 224) 0px 1px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 23px; font-size: 1em; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; white-space: nowrap; background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(0, 129, 227) 0%, rgb(0, 64, 172) 5%, rgb(0, 80, 184) 15%, rgb(0, 89, 192) 40%, rgb(0, 129, 222) 100%); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Bet now

</button>

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: separator, colspan: 4"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7:20[/TD]
[TD]Azure Glamour SEDGEFIELD (Overnight), Sprayclad Handicap Hurdle 9/4[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: first"]3May16[/TD]
[TD]4:15[/TD]
[TD]My Friend George SEDGEFIELD (Overnight), Country Harvest Handicap Chase[/TD]
<button class="has-popup btn btnBet bubbleShow btnLight button-B12" title="5/4 with bet365 - Click to bet" type="button" style="-webkit-appearance: none; border-radius: 3px; width: 53px; margin: 0px 2px 0px 3px; border: 1px solid rgb(0, 103, 62); box-shadow: rgb(225, 224, 224) 0px 1px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 23px; font-size: 1em; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; white-space: nowrap; background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(104, 165, 141) 0%, rgb(7, 107, 67) 5%, rgb(72, 146, 116) 100%); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;">Bet now

</button>
5/4

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: separator, colspan: 4"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: first"]3May16[/TD]
[TD]5:20[/TD]
[TD]Discoverie SEDGEFIELD (Overnight), Nortonthorpe Industrial Estate Novices' Handicap Chase[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Second and first. Close!

Willie seems hopeful about his bumper tonight. He's had a double already so 7/4 seems fair.

Last edited:
Dixie Highway 245 Tramore looked an unlucky loser last timeout at Kilbeggan,he didn't jump the last hurdle well and lost 2 lenghts but was only beaten 1/2L at the line.
Davie Russel replaces a 7lb claimer today.4/1 - 7/2 at the moment.

I am backing Chase The Wind in the 18.00 at Wetherby with a view to laying back my stake at around half his current odds (11/1) in running. He jumped great last time & looked to have the fav in trouble 2 out before weakening. My hope is he gets an easy lead with the main danger to that Atlantic Gold, but this is his first chase start

Urban Hymn looked potentially top drawer a cpl of years ago but never looked a natural jumper and falling at the first last time’s never going to be ideal

Not confident he’ll win, but will be disappointed if Chase the Wind doesn’t trade a fair bit lower that 12.0 IR

Trying to avoid Chester as it's a real bogey track for me.

Having a small bet on West Approach in the first at NA. Form with Unowhatimeanharry entitles him to be favourite here. Hobbs horse wasn't great last time and isn't difficult to oppose at 11/8.

Taking a chance on Astracad in the 3.35 at NA. Has dropped back to his last winning mark and Sam TD deserts the Nicholls runner that he rode to finish 2nd last time. There may be nothing in that as Nick Scholfield has ridden Art Mauresque several times previously but I think Astracad may be some value at 16/1. He's thrown in plenty of poor runs though so might well run a stinker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back