What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few each wayers that take my fancy today.

Main bet is Black Magic at Nottingham for fahey/hamilton. I'm prepared to ignore come back run. Looking at debut win last year beaten a subsequent 88 rated horse that had already run. Second race also worked out well despite being beaten comfortable as was 5 lengths behind Dhaben which was fourth on comeback in a decent handicap at York off 81 and will win soon off that mark.

I also like his horse in the next Diocity.

Gunman should be favourite in my view and I've snapped up the 6/1 as an each way shot to nothing.

Small each way bets also on steel stockholder and Incurs for faults. Cautious betting at Newcastle as the track is unknown.

Finn Class (4.10 NCastle) won a better race than this latest, and is only raised 3lb today. First try on tapeta but is 1 from 2 on AW, and as a pace horse with a decent draw shouldn't suffer too much from any kickback.
Well backed from 12s earlier, but still some 10/1 in places.

I hope Charlie Appleby crashes on the way home. Incompetent piece of ****
I usually take results well but today I am annoyed with D.Holland. He had one booked ride at Lingfield in the 2:55 riding 20/1 outsider Heartstone, off the track for over 200 days. Darryl Holland starts to ride him approaching the turn for home after giving headstart to the horses contesting the finish. Heartstone under Holland ran on like a train for third, which is probably fine for connections, but failure to get second place robbed me of the reverse forecast I had with the winning favourite. He's been ridden to sleep by a 5 pound claimer P' O Donnell who rode the eventual second imho.

Last edited:
Have quickly watched it again. He does start to ride Heartstone, in sporadic bursts, in an on-and-off sort of way at the business end. A weak effort nonetheless.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite, the way I sometimes react to losses I'm actually ashamed about. It doesn't affect my discipline one iota and so maybe this venting is good, but I must look a proper head case ranting and raving.

Could someone on here watch the 2:55 at Lingfield, tell me whether I'm right whether a stronger rider would have got second or if I'm wrong. Honest answers welcome, cheers.

the way I sometimes react to losses.
Some of us have had so many losses I reckon we become desensitized hehe...its when you see the cusp of a healthy payout slide away before your eyes, and when it starts to happen regularly against you that you start to wonder what's happening up there in the heavens...

Last edited:
Here's a lucky 31 for tomorrow...and a quiz question....apart from all having four legs and widely known as horses, what do they all have in common?

Bath 1:50 Pack It In

Ayr 3:45 Nice Vintage

Warwick 5:05 Honey Pound

Dundalk 6:35 Miracle Ninetynine, 7:05 Spirit Of Paris

Slemy (6.40 Weth) typical Ruth Carr inmate running into form after a 2nd last time giving weight to a progressive sort, will appreciate the hopefully decent pace will love the ground and has won here before
All boxes ticked here :ninja:

Here's a lucky 31 for tomorrow...and a quiz question....apart from all having four legs and widely known as horses, what do they all have in common?

Bath 1:50 Pack It In

Ayr 3:45 Nice Vintage

Warwick 5:05 Honey Pound

Dundalk 6:35 Miracle Ninetynine, 7:05 Spirit Of Paris

I'm not much good at riddles marb , any clues?

Lol. It's a quiz question not a riddle! A quality selection by the way, more notice needed next time please. ;)

Last edited:
No one can even hazard a guess!!! :) There's so many people reading in on this forum and so few contributors its scary...as much craic left as Colonel Gaddafi after the Arab spring FFS!

Last edited:
No one can even hazard a guess!!! :) There's so many people reading in on this forum and so few contributors its scary...as much craic left as Colonel Gaddafi after the Arab spring FFS!

Interesting to note a forum bug there - edits don't save when text is quoted!!!!

Their daddy is Big Bad John's brother.

Its this global consciousness the dark forces have got us all intertwined in..nothing personal or untoward going on on my part. :)

Last edited:
David Lanigan's long thought that Almodovar (7.25) has plenty of speed, and he appeared not to stay the stiff 12f at Ponte. Has recently made a couple of gp1 10f entries for the horse, and potentially thrown in today round this sharp 1m 3.

Funny Oyster in the opener at Bath. I put her in the tracker when she ran well at Windsor a week or so ago. The winner got first run that day and pissed up at Epsom last week. That race was part of a two division handicap and the other division (in a slower time) went to a horse who won nicely enough at Haydock on Saturday. Funny Oyster looks very solid today and I'm happy enough with 9/2

Out again at Bath. She was beaten in April by something that obviously improved massively over the winter which is the chance you take in 3yo handicaps.

Despite a speed based pedigree Baker steps her up to 10f today but the way she finished on soft ground over 8.5 at Windsor suggests she might get the trip. I'd be more confident over a mile though and so I've done her each way today at 8/1.

Last edited:
Myredbush (Kempton 6.55) - Apparently has been doing some decent work at home. There are some promising looking types in the race and she will no doubt improve for the experience but if she is fit and well and if the penny drops early enough she could run really well at a big price. 66/1 available currently.

More than a bit of a punt but i'm having a very small e/w bet.

Good luck Ricko. Pig of a day for me yesterday, I think most of my selections came dead last!

I like the price of Classy Annie at Ayr today for Goldie. 3lb lower than last year's mark with claimer up and decent come back run. Note Graham Lee on second string which is unusual though. I think Lee could have a good day with Goninaedothat and Merchant of Dubai.

A horse I always liked Namroodah also runs in the listed race today. No surprise to see a drop in trip for seasonal debut. Always run well but never quite been good enough. Think it will place today if coming back fit.

Another horse I backed as a two year old is in the first at Bath today for Prescott. Palisade, really well bred and up in trip for seasonal debut. Each way shot to nothing but I think this horse will be 100 rated before the end of the season and hope for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back