What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.00 - Haydock:
Explain. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.
Gold Club. 1 pt e/w. Availavle at 14/1.

6.00 - Sandown - Speculator. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

8.05 - Newcastle - Firmament. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

8.45 - Sandown - Secret Art. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Greyhound:

8.50 - Henlow - Oakfront Holly - 4 point win. Available at 3/1

Intilaaq will probably have to make his own running in the Brigadier Gerard and, on this ground, I fully expect Time Test to have too much speed for him - 5lbs concession, or not.

Nice one. Didn't back him myself as I've become a scrooge with sub 4/1 shots but like the horse a lot. Be very interesting to see the tactics at Ascot as being held up like that is not the way to run there. Arrers.

Thanks, guys.
Sure he'll be OK at Ascot, Euro - though the same jockey would be a bonus.

Dettori will be keen to ride if Moore can't.

Dettori rode the horse to his highly impressive Royal Ascot win last year. Held him up in about fifth, as I recall. Time Test settled and found plenty. He's a straightforward ride, for me.

6.50 Worcester
Al Alfa is back down to his last winning mark while several of these look high enough in the weights now. With Dickie back on board and on his ground he's a bet for me at 5/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dettori will be keen to ride if Moore can't.

Dettori rode the horse to his highly impressive Royal Ascot win last year. Held him up in about fifth, as I recall. Time Test settled and found plenty. He's a straightforward ride, for me.

Broadly agree, though even straight forward rides need proper judgement of pace, and R Moore definitely has the edge in that department, imo. What worries me more is that Ryan might choose one he considers better.

Broadly agree, though even straight forward rides need proper judgement of pace, and R Moore definitely has the edge in that department, imo. What worries me more is that Ryan might choose one he considers better.

Well, if Found runs he'd have to ride her. Whether he'd prefer her to Time Test is another matter.

Dual gp2 winner Adaay (3.10) has the edge on these, and escapes a penalty by just 15 days. Safely ignore his first effort this season, imo.

Off to Haydock today and I'll be backing Strong Steps and Adaay. The former ran really well in defeat last time going clear early doors with another horse before plugging on well in hitting the frame. They are going standside today and I expect him to pace chase and have more left given the sweeping bend will help him conserve more energy than he had left at Newbury and Newmarket.

Adaay beat Limato on the course last year and was never put in the race in the Sandown mile first time out, I expect much better today. His win in the Park Stakes at the Leger meeting is his best and suggests 7f is his optimum. Some formidable rivals today but he's a workable price.

Off to Haydock today and I'll be backing Strong Steps and Adaay. The former ran really well in defeat last time going clear early doors with another horse before plugging on well in hitting the frame. They are going standside today and I expect him to pace chase and have more left given the sweeping bend will help him conserve more energy than he had left at Newbury and Newmarket.

Adaay beat Limato on the course last year and was never put in the race in the Sandown mile first time out, I expect much better today. His win in the Park Stakes at the Leger meeting is his best and suggests 7f is his optimum. Some formidable rivals today but he's a workable price.

Enjoy your day.

I'm going with So Beloved in the 7f race. Just loved the way he travelled last time over C&D. It suggested he might just have taken a further little step forward.

Agree about Strong Steps. The fav is up 6lbs for a small-field win last time out and she's taking on the boys today after being kept to fillies' handicaps.

6.50 Worcester
Al Alfa is back down to his last winning mark while several of these look high enough in the weights now. With Dickie back on board and on his ground he's a bet for me at 5/1

Good shout Viking

5:00 Cartmel - Eshtiaal 11/4 - Gets his ground today. Should relish step up in trip and Dickie Johnston on board.
I remain convinced he is a stone ahead of the handicapper over hurdles and a big bet for me today.

Gabrials Kaka (2.50 Chester)
Still very well handicapped, loves the track and has the King of the roodee riding him, What's not to like?

I like Sky Khan in that race although there's a danger his excellent runs at the spring festivals will have left their mark. Eshtiaal a big danger alright.
Earlier on the card Uriah Heep has dropped to a dangerous looking mark and back at his ideal trip 10/1 will do for me

5:00 Cartmel - Eshtiaal 11/4 - Gets his ground today. Should relish step up in trip and Dickie Johnston on board.
I remain convinced he is a stone ahead of the handicapper over hurdles and a big bet for me today.

Nice shout. My fear that the spring festivals might have left their mark on Sky Khan looks like it was borne out so glad I followed you in on this one

I might have a bet on No Such Number in Kelso's 2:30 tomorrow. There's no ability there anymore over hurdles, but consequently the chase mark is very low and could be exploited at the prime age of 8. No Such Number did enough last time with the first time cheek pieces to think there could be a big improvement in the near future. At the odds available I'll probably take a chance. I reckon there'll be worse 20/1 chances running tomorrow.

Last edited:
Like the chance of Prerogative in the 2:30 at Leicester. This Rock Of Gibralter colt should improve after his first run at Ascot. Around 8/1 seems a fair enough bet.

Hi all, havent been on here for a while but have had a very good word for Greys Angel in the 9.10 Chelmsford tomorrow

2.00 Nottingham

Like one with form and another who is Unraced

Parlance @ 9-4 & Reeh @ 7-4

Dutching both with Bet 365 [BOG]

Meandmyshadow (2.30 Notts) ran well for a long way in a better race at Carlisle last time after being up with the pace but back amongst fillies in a class 5 on fast ground with the rail draw should prove ideal here.

Bit tough yesterday, nose & a neck third, but press on!

Anton Dolin seems to have a fair chance in the 16:50 at Cartmel. Will wait a while because anything more than 8/1 will make it e/w, otherwise a win bet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back