What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Ricko. Pig of a day for me yesterday, I think most of my selections came dead last!

I like the price of Classy Annie at Ayr today for Goldie. 3lb lower than last year's mark with claimer up and decent come back run. Note Graham Lee on second string which is unusual though. I think Lee could have a good day with Goninaedothat and Merchant of Dubai.

A horse I always liked Namroodah also runs in the listed race today. No surprise to see a drop in trip for seasonal debut. Always run well but never quite been good enough. Think it will place today if coming back fit.

Another horse I backed as a two year old is in the first at Bath today for Prescott. Palisade, really well bred and up in trip for seasonal debut. Each way shot to nothing but I think this horse will be 100 rated before the end of the season and hope for the win.

Cheers, good luck to you also. Not one to after-time but gutted i haven't posted last few days, been an unbelievable run for me.

I'll post form bets later, see if they can keep up the winning streak...probably not now ;)

No time for analysis:

3.20 - Warwick - Take A Bow. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

4.05 - Bath - Urban Space. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

4.20 - Ayr:
Brandybend. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.
Elbereth. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

5.05 - Warwick - Taweyla. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.

7.25 - Kempton - Almodovar. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.

Have to give a decent chance to old timer Hydrant in the last at Ayr today. Has dropped to his lowest mark since winning at Ayr off 61 last April, proceeded to win 3 on the bounce! Seems to like running north of the border and has a record at Ayr of 3116, last time he raced on G/S at Ayr won by 6 lengths from 68. Seems best in the early part of the season and drops into a C6 for only the 3nd time on turf, record of 126 at this level. This is a poor race, can't give to many much chance, 9/2 not a bad price.

Vinegar Hill in the 815 at Southwell is as slow as they come-he has shocked me with his slowness at times.Max lay at 2.3 and also in the place market at around 1.4.
If this one wins I won't post another betting recommendation until October.

Great shout reet. Just watched replay and won how you expected.

I'm having a few quid each way on Emell tomorrow at goodwood. I'm sure gigilo put it up a couple of times in last few months as one to follow. Won at same distance, class and ground last year although was couple of pound better off then. Half fancied it anyway but remembering that gigilo had put it up recently made my mind up. Gl

Profit yesterday with Urban Space finding just one too good at Bath and Almodovar an impressive, easy winner at Kempton.

2.20 - Goodwood - Fox Trotter. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.
Several of these will be reliant on a good pace to be seen at their best and that may not be forthcoming. Fox Trotter is one of them but he caught the eye on a few occasions last season, including over this C/D, and his price is sufficiently attractive to risk that the gallop is more generous than predicted. He has only been successful once in eleven starts, and that was in a Maiden at Doncaster on his racecourse debut, but he ran well on several occasions in very hot company as a Juvenile and he ran better than his final finishing positions suggest in three starts on these shores last season. He was two lengths behind Enlace on his reappearance over C/D last season and meets that rival on five pounds better terms today. He was down the field, again over C/D, in his next race but he was only just over four lengths behind the winner and finished full of running after finding racing room at a premium. He is now down to a mark of 97 and, although disappointing twice in Meydan over the Winter, he may be seen in a much better light returned to a track on which he is proven. He is versatile regarding ground conditions and arrives here with his yard in good form.

2.55 - Goodwood - Kashgar. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.
Kashgar will need to better anything he achieved last season if he is to get competitive here but there are a few reasons to expect that he may do so. His last victory back in September 2014 was over this C/D and he went close on two previous occasions over C/D earlier that season. He is now four pounds lower than for that victory and much of his form last season may have been due to the yard who went through a lean spell. They are in better form now and, if Kashgar is fit enough to do himself justice, he could outrun very generous odds. He goes on any ground and the booking of a very good seven pound claimer enhances his chances. There appears to be enough pace in the race for a horse like Kashgar to be seen at his most effective. The trainer also runs Arty Campbell and he is also not without a chance at a similar price,

4.00 - Goodwood:
Dessertoflife. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.
Play Gal. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.
A race for three year old Fillies, most of who are open to any amount of improvement, is not normally the type of race that interests us for betting purposes but there a few that look bigger in the market than they maybe should be. Desertoflife arguably sets the standard on her fourth place finish in the Cheshire Oaks and, although she has the burden of a five pound Group penalty, she represents a Trainer whose horses are invariably as tough as teak. She is more exposed than the rest of this field but this is her first attempt at today's trip and it could illicit further progression. This race isn't overly blessed with early pace and that may suit Play Gal, who would probably be much shorter if she came from one of the bigger yards. She was just behind Dessertoflife in the Cheshire Oaks after leading for much of the way and gave the impression that the drop to today's trip would suit. This is just her fourth start and a positive, aggressive yard could see her outrun her market price.

5.05 - Goodwood - Langley Vale. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

8.55 - Ripon:
Roger Thorpe. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
Big Red. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

2 seconds today in Emell and Thaqataa. Bloody rubbish. Hoping Pettochside can rescue me inthe 17.05 at Goodwood.

Also interest in Tawakkol and Perrault at Ripon tonight.

Alexandra Kollontai (4.10) few unexposed 3yo's in here but a strong pace is what she craves and the leaders go at it a way out she'll be there to clean up at the business end.

Ive been told Arms around Me has a great chance in the last at Haydock....He's 100/1! Worth a quid ew!

Though he ran some great 10f races last season, Mount Logan (2.50) always finished like a horse who'd be better over 12. Today, his new trainer gives him chance to prove it.

DOCTOR SARDONICUS is a worthy favourite at York later on. I emailed David Simcock asking could he run him in the Epsom Dash. No response as yet, but this is a worthy prize in its own right. Come on then, Doctor!

Last edited:
Arab Poet (3.25 Good)
Will have come on well for that Beverly run and Garcia franking the form at Haydock just now is a nice boost.

I give Angus Glens a good shout tomorrow evening in the handicap hurdle at Southwell (8:05).
I found it surprising the Racing Post don't give him a mention in their write up section. The Sporting Life describe him as frustrating on the other hand....about 95 percent of the horse population are frustrating though aren't they! This one has more legs than most. ;) He won at this track this time last year, his other good performance was at a sharp track at Kelso. I view 120 as a winnable mark.
There's loads of time to start getting his head in front and he'll be frustrating to those who won't back him because he's frustrating when you've backed him thinking that he won't be frustrating when you've backed him. ;)

Last edited:
I give Angus Glens a good shout tomorrow evening in the handicap hurdle at Southwell (8:05).
I found it surprising the Racing Post don't give him a mention in their write up section. The Sporting Life describe him as frustrating on the other hand....about 95 percent of the horse population are frustrating though aren't they! This one has more legs than most. ;) He won at this track this time last year, his other good performance was at a sharp track at Kelso. I view 120 as a winnable mark.
There's loads of time to start getting his head in front and he'll be frustrating to those who won't back him because he's frustrating when you've backed him thinking that he won't be frustrating when you've backed him. ;)
Runs at Market Rasen tomorrow.

Richard Rowe unusually sending three horses from Sussex up to Hamilton today, remember David Elsworth doing similar and sending four horses to Musselburgh, having never sent horses there before, two or three years ago, three out of four won I think. Fair to point out their form is crap though :lol:

Richard Rowe unusually sending three horses from Sussex up to Hamilton today, remember David Elsworth doing similar and sending four horses to Musselburgh, having never sent horses there before, two or three years ago, three out of four won I think. Fair to point out their form is crap though :lol:

First one beaten, other two declared non runners.

Hmm

Intilaaq will probably have to make his own running in the Brigadier Gerard and, on this ground, I fully expect Time Test to have too much speed for him - 5lbs concession, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back