What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Away for the Royal meeting I've backed Strong Steps in the 2.55 at Chelmsford. The form of his run at Newbury was boosted yesterday by the winner placing in the Hunt Cup and I think pace chasing at this track (where he has won in the past) will suit him a lot more than being held up like he was at Haydock last time out. Palmer has stuck a 5lb claimer on and Chelmsford looks a good weight carrying course. I got 7s last night, I think there is a little bit of mileage still at 5/1.

I'm following Luke Morris round today - Prince of Lir (only ride at Royal Ascot), St Michel (11/8 - Chelmsford), All the Rage (4/1 Lingfield).

Hopefully a nice Trixie to recoup some losses from the Ascot meeting!

Cheers bud, been a barren week up to now, if one of the other two come in then I am back in small profit for the week. Thought it had to be in with a chance given he is at three meetings today.

Two bets for me

1.40 Market Rasen-Milrow @ 3-1 [William Hill]
3.30 Redcar-Amazement @ 6-1 [Ladbrokes]

1pt win on both [BOG]

two wins from three on this thread yesterday with a second not quite making the trixie a full pay out.

Frankie appears to have one ride at Newmarket tonight and is 12-1 which I can't quite believe. Going to have some of that each way but if I do alright this afternoon I will pile in again.

Having a little each way dabble on Bling King in the next at Redcar, it'd dropped so far in the weights and hasn't been beaten too far on this course of much higher weights in the last two years. Always liked Franny Norton too who is on board.

2.20 Ayr-Billy Roberts @ 10-3 [William Hill]
2.45 Newmarket-Zest @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
2.55 Ayr-Express Himself @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]
4.10 Ayr-Marsha @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]

1pt win on each @ BOG

Express Himself. my ultimate cliff horse. I think First Lieutenant might be the only horse I've backed more in my punting career.

Express Himself. my ultimate cliff horse. I think First Lieutenant might be the only horse I've backed more in my punting career.

Unlucky again, I was all set for backing my cliff horse for the season Gabriels Kaka in the same race until he started drifting massively all morning, I think he touched 20.00 on the machine at one point around lunchtime
Safe to say I left him alone and he wins the race at 8/1!

EH will go up a few pounds for that but he's still capable of winning one. He's not on my tracker anymore though.

Pair Of Jacks can win at Hexham (3:30) Sunday. He's still young, his best chase form is not too bad. He's likely to be progressive off this mark too. Put a line through the last two runs which were probably pipe openers. Malcolm Jefferson in a bit of form.
Brian Hughes has some decent looking rides tomorrow including the aforementioned Pair Of Jacks.

Last edited:
There are negs about Swiss Range in the Diane - potential trouble in running from the 3 stall, soft ground not optimum. But at 11/2 she looked sexy enough winning the Pretty Polly to maybe justify a stab at that price. The Pouliches looks ropey form and Ballydoyle is too short.

Agree about the Pouliches with the 2 market leaders running below form, but that leaves Ballydoyle's Guineas' form head and shoulders above the rest. She's 4/1 owing to doubts about the ground, but French going forecasts are notoriously fickle and I'll be watching the earlier races - and steaming in if they're at all suspect.

Ballard Down in the 6.50 at Windsor. This horse went into my tracker along with Taurean Star and Banksea after they were 1st, 3rd and 4th in a hot looking Ascot handicap at the start of May. TS ran ok in the Britannia, Banksea won yesterday at Ponte (11/10, no bet) and BD ran rather lacklustre on the AW a few weeks back. That run at Ascot is so far his only outing on turf and he ran really well after being detached by a couple of lengths early on. This will be his first attempt on soft ground which does worry me so stakes are small and I take heart that if he doesn't act on the surface and finishes down the field he'll be a decent price next time out, hopefully when he'll encounter decent ground again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back