What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4:50 at Salisbury looks an intriguing handicap on Wednesday.
Marcus Tregoning has a progressive type at the bottom of the weights. Godolphin have one with a similar profile off a low mark, who I see has been priced up at 6/4. Mick Channon has a good say in affairs with the top weight Gratzie, but the left field bet, is actually the Richard Hannon trained HAIL CLODIUS.

Given the ground is forecast to have some cut in it according to the forecasts, this gelding ticks some boxes ground-wise. He won a decent maiden at Newmarket as a two year old on bad ground. His sire Clodovil won races on Gd-St. He was not sighted in 2015 for whatever reason, but came back with a good third to Sinfonietta on heavy going, (and is sixteen pound better off at the weights here with Sinfonietta). This supports my theory that Hail Clodius wants cut in the ground and is well handicapped. I'll take this one to run well against admittedly young and progressive opposition. 20/1 early doors is an each way price worth betting.

Edit - The ground now Gd-St...as long as there is some soft in the description I'm happy

Last edited:
Yeah, that Godolphin horse went to the top of my tracker when he was almost run over by Defrocked at Donny. Then that frigger wins the Britannia and ruins the price tomorrow.

Last edited:
He may well win mate, but I feel I'm onto a good bet, I just don't want the ground to go good.

2.10 Salisbury-Native Prospect @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
2.50 Worcester-Horace Hazel @ 8-1 [Bet 365]
3.00 Carlisle-Cymraeg Bounty @ 5-1 [Paddy Power]
3.35 Carlisle-Ginger Jack @ 8-1 [Boylesports]

1pt win on each @ BOG

Hawatif (5.10 Carlisle)
Another link to the Castle Harbour York race where she finished 5th, Just gave best in the final 1/2 furlong at Catterick last time but should be primed for it off the front here with the stiffer test to suit.

Good luck, Fonz. Hail Clodius is drifting to big prices now which surprises me...maybe I am missing something..if he places I should be happy I suppose.

I fancy Bastille Day for the win in the 6:50 tonight. A consistent type who finally got his head in front at Kempton last time, I don't think the two pound rise is enough to prevent him winning at this track again.

Last edited:
I see the Godolphin horse got turned over, not with my selection but by Marcus Tregoning's horse.
Oh well, I had the right idea. Roll on Bastille Day.

Good luck, Fonz. Hail Clodius is drifting to big prices now which surprises me...maybe I am missing something..if he places I should be happy I suppose.

I fancy Bastille Day for the win in the 6:50 tonight. A consistent type who finally got his head in front at Kempton last time, I don't think the two pound rise is enough to prevent him winning at this track again.

Good man :cool:

Sublimation is so well in at Nottingham tomorrow in the 5:30. I'll be dissapointed if he cannot win. Thanks fonz btw

Last edited:
Two solid looking favourites

3.40 Newmarket-Edward Lewis @ 5-4 [Bet 365]
4.45 Newmarket-Silent Attack @ 13-8 [Boylesports]

1pt win on each @ BOG

I don't usually back short price horses but Hold Tight 4.35 Newcastle has to be the best horse in that race. Obviously the reason it isn't evens is because of last time out but really it wasn't in the race and Buick coasted it through. Expect it to win comfortable today.

Hope Cove - rated higher than weighted (?). I think this level should suit.

Times Legacy - prepared to ignore comback run and expect a much better performance today.

My two normal bigger price fancies today each way are Gabrial's Hope - Franny Norton seems to get a good ride out of this one and dropping down the weights. Beaten comfortably by the favourite but a decent swing in the weights to give it a chance. Mon Beau Visage - another dropping in the weights and is going to come in again at some stage. Tudhope is on it today and note he had a 14/1 second yesterday with Alejandro.

Your Pal Tal running again tonight. Need a bit of advice here - currently rated mid 70s and the race is for 60 to 95 rated horses. Going off trainers quote last year he wants to get the horse into the mid 80s so as to run in the Ayr Gold Cup. My question is would winning a race of this rating (beating 90 horses) spoil that mark or would it be fair to assume he'll be aiming to win this to get the mid 80s mark he's after?

Sharja Queen (7.35) disappointed in the Guineas, but Andrea Atzeni travels the Chester to ride her in preference to a number of fancied horses at other meetings. Current 13/2 will do nicely.

2.05 Windsor-Logi @ 7-4 [Bet 365]
2.20 Chester-Dark Intention @ 10-3 [Bet Victor]
2.45 Newmarket-Bateel @ 11-10 [William Hill]
2.55 Chester-Arcanada @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
3.50 Windsor-Ice Lord @ 5-1 [Betfred]
3.55 Newmarket-Breton Rock @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
4.35 Chester-Secret Asset @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]

1pt win on each

I reckon Sir Robert Cheval (3.05) caught a tartar when dropped in trip for his new trainer latest, and today's stiffish test should suit ideally. Rates a rock solid bet at the current 13/2

I reckon Sir Robert Cheval (3.05) caught a tartar when dropped in trip for his new trainer latest, and today's stiffish test should suit ideally. Rates a rock solid bet at the current 13/2

Good luck, looks to have a big chance.
I think Boomerang Bob could be overpriced. Likes to come off a strong gallop and should get that here. If he takes to the surface should be arriving on the scene late. 16/1 e/w will do for me.

2.05 Windsor-Logi @ 7-4 [Bet 365]
2.20 Chester-Dark Intention @ 10-3 [Bet Victor]...Won @ 4-1
2.45 Newmarket-Bateel @ 11-10 [William Hill]....Won
2.55 Chester-Arcanada @ 7-2 [Bet 365]...Won
3.50 Windsor-Ice Lord @ 5-1 [Betfred]
3.55 Newmarket-Breton Rock @ 4-1 [Bet 365]...Won
4.35 Chester-Secret Asset @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]

1pt win on each

Profit of 9.6pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back