What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.00 Uttoxeter-Hills Of Dubai @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
4.35 Uttoxeter-Turn Over Sivola @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
4.45 Windsor-Alizoom @ 7-2 [Bet 365]

1pt win on each [BOG]

Can't let Menorah go unbacked at 14/1 in the Summer Cup at Uttoxeter (3.30) with SkyBet paying 5 places. Not sure I can see him winning at a trip that's further than he's ever been but too big a price to ignore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.40 Pontefract-Rosie's Premiere @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
4.10 Pontefract-Zubeida @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
4.40 Pontefract-Get Up And Dance @ 11-8 [Bet Victor]
4.55 Wolverhampton-Harbour Master @ 5-1 [Skybet]

1pt win on each [BOG]

I got 4s about Funny Oyster for the last at Windsor when prices came out yesterday afternoon. This filly went into the notebook when second in a soft ground handicap over c&d behind a subsequent winner on her first run of the season. Since then she was a clear second to a plot horse at Bath on g/f and then 4th over 10f on the same track. This evening she has the same conditions she encountered at Windsor back in April and she should go very close.

Harbour Lighning really caught the eye on her debut at Thirsk a fortnight ago. A cheapish yearling, she was totally unfancied at 66/1 but ran with plenty of promise under a quiet ride to finish fourth of eleven, beaten about four lengths.

She runs at Hamilton today in the first. She'll carry some of my money but I'm not going to go overboard as I have it at the back of my mind that she might be a handicap project.

Last edited:
Harbour Lighning really caught the eye on her debut at Thirsk a fortnight ago. A cheapish yearling, she was totally unfancied at 66/1 but ran with plenty of promise under a quiet ride to finish fourth of eleven, beaten about four lengths.

She runs at Hamilton today in the first. She'll carry some of my money but I'm not going to go overboard as I have it at the back of my mind that she might be a handicap project.

Hope you're right. My Harbour Watch first season sire bet is looking a bit dead...

Hail Clodius... (Kemp 7:40), a horse I mentioned a week or two ago, out tomorrow on the a/w, which he tackles for the first time. Hopefully the market is more indicative of his chance this time. The drop in class may help.

King Calypso is my best bet in the 8:10 at the same place, I think there are signs he's going to win again now.

Last edited:
Think tomorrow would be the day for Ripinto in the 6f apprentice handicap at Kempton 6.10. Looks a weak contest and he has a decent draw.

12s looks fair at the time of writing. Rhian Ingram is a decent apprentice.

Also going to stick with King Calypso in the 8.1p again at Kempton. 6s is fair without being generous.

Decent effort last time at goodwood. Back on away is of interest. Singles and double with the above.

A small each way group of multiples on the following:

Solar spirit, lowest ever mark and although last two runs haven't been encouraging I do expect it to get its nose in front off this mark.

Wind for power same trainer jockey combo as above, runs well at Catterick and hope will be involved at the finish

Hail clodius two come back runs not brilliant but expect better today.

Sennockian star, only 6 and keeps getting backed but not having enough. Dropping in weights and this horse will win before summers out. Hopefully today

Burningfivers. Rank outsider, come back run not good but not given a tough ride and should be fitter today.

Doctor parked drop in grade and likes course and distance.

Good luck all.

Thorpe (115) is on a very appealing mark in the last at Perth, and has run well in the past off a break. He was well beaten in his last race by Unowhatimeanharry (158) at Cheltenham last November, in what was a race choc full of subsequent winners. As we know Unowhatimeanharry went on to run a further five times culminating in winning the Albert Bartlett. That's much the best form on offer here with the added bonus he's well below his last winning mark. I have him as a high 120's horse at worst, and I've had a reasonable tilt in a race that won't take much winning in the hope he's ready first time out.

3.40 Perth
Baileys Concerto has been running well in better races and will do for me at 11/2
3.50 Worcester Ballinure
This one improved markedly on handicap debut last month and a 5lb rise may underestimate him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hail Clodius... (Kemp 7:40), a horse I mentioned a week or two ago, out tomorrow on the a/w, which he tackles for the first time. Hopefully the market is more indicative of his chance this time. The drop in class may help.
Close but no cigar. One for the future though.
The Richard Guest trained Lady Joanna Vassa can win (Haydock 3:00). Ticks boxes.

5.05 - Sandown - Champagne Champ. 2 pts win. Available at 7/1.
Another very good, competitive handicap, this time over the staying trip of 14 furlongs. Top of the short-list is Champagne Champ who has finished second on his last two starts. He only narrowly lost out to Royal Reef over two miles at Kempton in May and that rival franked the form yesterday. He never looked like getting to the winner at Salisbury on soft ground last time out but that near four length defeat was put into some perspective when the winner followed up by five lengths under a six pound penalty. Champagne Champ runs from the same mark here and again has the services of the jockey who has ridden him in his last two outings. Champagne Champ has shown all his best form on ground softer than good so conditions here should be no problem. The yard's horses are running well and they send just the one to the races today.

8.30 - Haydock - Silvery Moon. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.

8.45 - Beverley - Slim Chance. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

Can only think the reason Alshareed in the 1630 at Sandwon isn't favourite because of doubts over the ground. Came back well from a tough start in the last race to pull out nearly a length win moving away comfortably. I don't think the rise will be enough to stop this one, if it handles the ground. 2pts each way as place money is a bet to nothing surely.

0.5 pts each way on Purple Rock - tumbling down the weights for Mick Easterby but little sign of an improvement. However, Mick is an old rogue and at some point this is going to come in. Usually they tell everyone about it though and the price disappears quickly. Given this one is still a big price not convinced it will win but dropped in grade it has to stand a chance of picking up a place.

Good luck all

DON 2:00 DUKE OF DIAMONDS..young unexposed horse....0/4 on the all weather..1/2 on the turf.....the fact he has the same mark of 64 for both codes suggests the handicapper doesn't know this horses true ability. His turf mark is extremely exploitable. The price is worth taking me thinks.

Last edited:
Question for the experienced folk on here.... What happens if a race result is changed a month after the race in relation to bets on that race?
I just found out a horse I backed on 27th May at 14/1 who finished 2nd has now been promoted to 1st. Original winner found with drugs in system. My horse has now officially won the race and received prize money for 1st place.
I have bets on my horse to win on both a bookmaker site and the exchange.
Have I any recourse on my bets?

DON 2:00 DUKE OF DIAMONDS..young unexposed horse....0/4 on the all weather..1/2 on the turf.....the fact he has the same mark of 64 for both codes suggests the handicapper doesn't know this horses true ability. His turf mark is extremely exploitable. The price is worth taking me thinks.
Pleased with Duke Of Diamonds, keep an eye on him.

3:35 SARABI....He could win with bottom weight. He won a small field event at Southwell 6 months ago.... faces the same today, he's done enough on turf to make him the selection.

I reckon he stays this 5 furlongs well based on his last run and will probably step up to 6 furlongs in time. I want to see him race close up on the pace today and stretch the opposition from the front.

Last edited:
3:35 SARABI....
I reckon he stays this 5 furlongs well based on his last run and will probably step up to 6 furlongs in time. I want to see him race close up on the pace today and stretch the opposition from the front.
Lovely jubbly.

SANDOWN 5:05 THE NEW PHAROAH for the hat trick. A much improved horse this season, he can win again for a trainer in Chris Wall who I've always thought is better than most trainers at getting out more improvement from winning handicappers..

Last edited:
Well done. Good day all round. Silvery Moon won at a nice price and Slim Chance was placed.

Well done with Silvery Moon, Ricko.
I need a few more good days to make this flat season worthwhile.

Haydock
1:45........The key here is what animal improves when stepped up in trip. Threat Assessed and Wild Hacked head the market and they are unexposed over 10 furlongs. They're both short enough in the betting.
There is a third horse who could show extra over further, he is WALL OF FIRE.
I'd rather be on WOF E/W than take one of the market leaders to beat the other market leader. I reckon this one will out run odds of 10/1.

2:15 NIGHTFLOWER has the form on soft ground in Germany. I've landed one or two winners for this trainer when sending his ones to England. Nightflower gets the vote.

Sandown
2:00 MONSIEUR JOE - Good horse, won on bad ground before. There's another big race in him, they've probably kept him in training for this, its tomorrow.

A small stakes win patent for fun and some profit touch wood.

Last edited:
I'm on Nightflower also. This looks a good betting heat with Endless Time way too short in the market. Saying that I fear the Gosden duo and the probability of more non runners (I'm on the German filly at 7s and have already taken a Rule 4 hit)

Monteverdi (Sandown opener) I hoped would be a good price after his Britannia flop but his Form behind Castle Harbour and Chief Whip is still sexy looking, and Osbourne booking Moore didn't help. I managed to get 5.7 on the machine last night and am reasonably satisfied with that.

Time Test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back