What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did people make of Mount Benbulben yesterday? Elliot is saying he thinks he has a problem. I was still really taken with the winner Boston Bob.

Boston Bob was impressive you would have to say. I sincerely hope the MB bubble isn't burst but that was poor yesterday. Could you say for sure that Elliot can get him right????

What did people make of Mount Benbulben yesterday? Elliot is saying he thinks he has a problem. I was still really taken with the winner Boston Bob.

The jumping right could be a worry, but other than that, he just looks a horse who needs further.
The winner wouldn't be regarded as any mug, either,stepping straight up to gd1 from maiden company.

The 3:05 at Taunton...

Many horses who are looking a bit past it or badly out of form. A trappy race but I take the young horse at the bottom from the Charlie Mann stable to run well. I forgive the last run as he was carrying 11:10 and for a 5 yo that was a big ask, but before that some decent novice form and most of all I like the rating of 103. Reckon he can win off that.

Of the old older more exposed one's Gaspara looks the most likely to chase home my selection, now dropped to a career low mark. Ran well enough first time back in more than a year at this track a few weeks ago and he is my selection for the reverse forecast.

I think i will go for a reverse tricast as well, perming Gaspara & Airmens friend with Dantari, Management and the Tim Vaughan horse, J'Adhere. Reckon they'll be the main protagonists for the third spot. Here's hoping.

Last edited:
Really like Green to Gold 2.30 Taunton...my favourite trainer, Don Cantillon, has entered him up three times this week yet has chosen this race to run in. I fancy he's a great e/w bet at 8/1.

Grands Crus full brother goes in the bumper at Ffos Las tomorrow

I haven't seen the race but winning by 30L is very good considering he's only 3yo - I can't recall ever seeing a 3yo contest a bumper but I expect there's been a few - anyone know of any? is this common?

Depends how they're framed, Swedish. Most of what there are tend to be "junior" bumpers for 3yos only over sub-2m trips, but the Ffos Las race was essentially the equivalent of the more common 4-6yo race just brought this side of the New Year.

As such, it's looks a bit of a novelty to see a 3yo taking on its elders over the most common 2m bumper trip, but any number of 4-6yo races will take place from 11 days' time onwards and raise nary the same interest in its youngest competitors.

Framing a 3-5yo bumper next May or June, though, at the same time as the 3yo hurdles resume - now that would be an eye-popping occurence alright. Any course fancy trying to frame one?

gc

Last edited:
Thanks Grayson - I forgot about the 3yo bumpers but it was unusual seeing one take on his elders in a bumper. Good luck with with your 3-5yo race.

Been told Bromhead's yoke is fancied to do the business in 2:35.

From the book Hereford 2:40 Mallusk - trainer and the author of the book picked the horse as one to watch this season. The horse is a giant and jumps really well, he is a chaser to monitor this season.
Been well gambled today and value may have gone - likely to open a bigger price I think.

Last edited:
Some interesting market support for Kingeroo in the 3:30 at Southwell.

I quite fancy it based on some of those CD runs in the past.

I'm waiting for Puss in Boots to start but I'm told that Eoin Doyles
has a chance in 305.

Great stuff Luke. A great ride as well from the front, kicked on at just the right time.

The Mullins yoke looks like a dodgepot.

I'm waiting for Puss in Boots to start but I'm told that Eoin Doyles
has a chance in 305.

Well done Luke, decides to follow you in, had a nice win bet, so very much appreciated given the time of the year. Thank you.

Puss In Boots made me laugh-I was probably in embarrassing Dad mode.Nice start to the holidays-very chilled out at the moment.Get Christmas day and all the family stuff out of the way then get stuck in to the real action.

Puss In Boots made me laugh-I was probably in embarrassing Dad mode.Nice start to the holidays-very chilled out at the moment.Get Christmas day and all the family stuff out of the way then get stuck in to the real action.

You know that... The missus has been briefed... Between 12 & 4 is quiet time!!! Apart from me shouting at the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back