What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the 9/2 Knockgraffon Lad with Bet365 didn't last long. Thought he won with a ton in hand the last day again. It's a pity Colin Keane is suspended as he gets on very well with him and claims a useful 7 lbs but I think he's at least a mid 80's horse running off 74 tomorrow night. Would make a great start to Christmas

14:20 Cagnes-Sur-Mer
Josou @ 12/1 (Bet365 if anyone has an account). I was very impressed by her debut at CSM in a similar race to this last time out when sporting the first time cheekpieces, she took the race up on the bridle entering the straight and readily put daylight between herself and the rest of the field. A number of those in behind that day re-oppose and though the runner-up (officially beaten 3 lengths having finished well, though IMO she was flattered as Josou was eased close home) is 4KG's better off (and as low as 9/4) it's hard to see why there's such a huge disparity in prices for this 3yo fillies claiming hurdle. The fourth and sixth (Opale Jelois and Konig Girl) also re-oppose whilst a number of those who failed to complete in that affair on 12th December are also in attendance today - Union Leto (fell), Urany De l'Ecu (fell), Royal Celebre (pulled up), Shastara (fell) and Blanchetlouise (pulled up). Josou had previously been contesting better races up in Paris including a big handicap hurdle on International Weekend prior to pulling up on her Chase debut at Compiegne in late November. She'd already shown she could be competitive in claiming hurdles when placed in arguably a better race at Auteuil back in October whilst if there is a filly who could upset the applecart IMO it's more likely to be Kryptonie who's also available at 12/1 with Bet365 than the favourite and who finished in front of the selection in two claiming hurdles earlier in the Autumn/Winter.

Martin
ps. I believe this will be Live on ATR.

I see the 9/2 Knockgraffon Lad with Bet365 didn't last long. Thought he won with a ton in hand the last day again. It's a pity Colin Keane is suspended as he gets on very well with him and claims a useful 7 lbs but I think he's at least a mid 80's horse running off 74 tomorrow night. Would make a great start to Christmas

Cocky jockey cost you.

Josou was 3rd, Kryptonie was 4th and Good Filly was 5th - Kryptonie was possibly disadvantaged by racing up the far rail in the straight and think there's definitely another Claiming hurdle in Josou in the next couple of months, though it will likely have to be NTO if she's to do it at Cagnes-Sur-Mer as the seasons drawing to a close there.

Only took a quickish look at Marseille today and nothing really stood out bar a couple in this Conditions Race run on the AW track (as usual). I noted from Geny and France-Galop that Gayanevees is the highest rated horse in the race by quite some way, 36.5KGs being her current handicap mark and it appears judged on more recent efforts that she's more than capable of running to something like that given she was a turf winner off 34 two starts back on the turf at the other Marseille track (Marseille-Borely) and though she disappointed last time out that was against much better horses than she'll be facing today and also over 1m 5f (she won over 10.5f and races over 10f today). She has a decent racing weight off 57,5 when you consider that the three highest weighted horses all have handicap marks of 20KG's or lower whilst she receives 0.5KG's off the second highest rated horse on OR's in the shape of Touch Of Class Ess (who finished in front of Gayanevees when G returned from a long lay-off at Salon-De-Provence back in October) who's rated 30KGs. Of the remainder the the highest rated is Pokito off 22,5KG's though the danger could be Alhamark who's ridden by a friend of mines favourite jockey Sarah Callac - like Gayanevees and Touch Of Class Ess he's not getting any younger but has plummeted down the weights recently though he's up in trip today and has run well over CD in the past. I've backed Gayanevees at an average of 11/4 and Touch Of Class Ess at 20/1.

Merry Christmas to all Talking Horses posters :)

Martin

Boxing Day

Mkt Rasen 12:25 - Shipboard Romance - failed to land gamble L/T/O/ when fell - trainer 33% strike rate in Hurdles at track and 25% strike rate in sellers. trainer won this race in 2007 & 2008 ----2009/10 abandoned

Venetia Williams has 3 runners at Towcester - she had 2 winners there in 2007 - 3 winners in 2008 --- 2009 was abandoned so she sent them to Huntingdon and had 3 winners - 2010 no racing

Fontwell 3:15 - Osmosia - trainer trained a few horses for the family who sponsor the race.
small r/f/c with Border Station as there is not a lot between these two

Kempton 3:40 - Kells Belle e/way Nap 11/1 P/P - Busker Royale e/way saver 20/1 P/P Nicky Henderson has farmed this race over the last few years - his record:

2010 - Meeting abandoned
2009 - Polyfast - F De Giles won 11/1 by 3 1/2L - Wogan 2nd 9/2
2008 - Royaleety - C Wallis(7) won 25/1 by 2 1/2L - Working Title 5th 4/1
2007 - Princelet - A P McCoy 2nd 11/4 btn 2 1/2L
2006 - Marhabal - M Fitzgerald - won 10/3 by 5L
2005 - Afrad - B Geraghty - won 6/1 by 5L - meeting was held at Sandown
2004 - No runners .

More punishment

Welsh National -
Viking Blond (on a line through Grand Crus looks well h'capped)
Bench Warrent (ran well for a long way last year before falling - better off at the weights)
Our Island (ran well l/t/o - this race has been the target for the horse )

3 x singles - com f/c's comb tricast

I like Any Currency in the Welsh Nash, and will go for a recovery mission on Ad Idem at Leopardstown.

I have backed Noble Prince (think the ground will help turn part of the defeat from the last day, and the prices then make him the bet).

I have done an each way treble with Finian's Rainbow, Promising Anshan and Lifestyle.

I think Le Beau Bai is a great bet for the Welsh National for reasons in that thread.

I have backed Noble Prince (think the ground will help turn part of the defeat from the last day, and the prices then make him the bet).

I have done an each way treble with Finian's Rainbow, Promising Anshan and Lifestyle.

I think Le Beau Bai is a great bet for the Welsh National for reasons in that thread.

well done :)

Quito De La Roque will surely find the Lexus an insufficient test on drying ground, and Rubi Light should have his measure. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go off favourite.
Given the faster ground and longer trip, First Lieutenant ought to realise more of his potential in the novice chase, and while no one will get rich at their individual prices, they should form a fairly safe double.

I reckon Rubi Light could emerge as a real threat to Long Run winning his 2nd Gold Cup and will win the Lexus easily.

That mare with the funny name I'll be backig her for sure Voy oy loyadetti or whatever she's called

Great racing in Ireland today and Yesterday but I wish it didn't clash with Kempton and Chepstow. I never knew Big Zeb was runnung yesterday I was so wrapped up in Sprinter Sacre V Peddlers Cross.

Well done on the my least fav race and finding the Welsh National winner Haam. I made 1.89p on the race..It's a long story :o( the only way anyone could find that race anything but boring is if they backed the winner or the second. Sorry! Just had to say that I hate the race

Quito has won on ground with good in it on 2 of his last 3 starts for the record

Aye - against novices, and not very good ones at that.
Lto, against better horses, he was dragging his ar*e from some way out, and on softer ground than today's.

Place Bets at Betfair Sp

Leicester

1.00-Flichity

2.00-Sole Survivor

2.30-Quipe Me Posted

3.35-Pepite Rose

All at decent odds

1.45 Taunton

Be amazed if one of these three horses fails to win this race.so Dutching on

Gleann Eagas @ 8-1 [Betfair]..Stake,4.12pts
Zama Zama @ 11-10 [Bet365] BOG..17.65pts
Carrigmorna King @ 7-2 [Betfred] BOG..8.24pts

Win would guarantee Profit of at least 7.06pts

3/1 looks a bit big but I believe rain might be due at the track. Not sure if For Non Stop was flattered last time out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back