What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
INEXES is a value bet tonight (Wolverhampton 8:45). Has won 2 from 12 in limited career so far, not a bad record. Has also been placed twice at Wolverhampton. Whilst he might find it difficult to over turn the favourite 16/1 is a great price to take on him. Should be nearer first than last. I just think the price is way to big! He's the best of the outsiders for sure.
Runs on Saturday (Thirsk 6:05).Be disappointed if he doesn't go very close to winning, especially after that excellent last run at Wolves.

Last edited:
Rob Havlin should give Von Blucher (2. 40) abetter ride than Frankie did latest, and Stargazer (3.10) should improve enough for the longer trip to take this.

The market for the 32Red Mile is all wrong.

Mitchum Swagger is favourite based on one run when 3rd in the Hunt cup and I'm not a big fan. Convey isn't one to rely on and regardless of how good Haggas is at readying them FTO it's asking a lot for Hathal to win his first group race after a year off when he's been well beaten in his previous two G3 attempts.

Breton Rock would prefer more cut and a furlong less and First Selection, Master Of The World and Tupi are out of their depth.

Custom Cut and Gabriel are easily the most reliable performers and likely to run their race, they head the official ratings and IMO will battle it out. The former is 5/1 and the latter 14s.

Custom Cut is the most likely winner but there's not a lot between them to support the difference in price.

That said Gabriel just doesn't seem to get his head in front enough so Custom Cut to win with an e/w on Gabriel and a reverse forecast thrown in for fun.

in the big sprint STRATH BURN is way overpriced imo..had some on at 31/1 and 6.8/1 the place..will handle the ground no prob and Cowell will have this one ready

on a busy day have slung it in a canadian with

225 cunco
245 eljaddas
255 hartswell
330 shrewd

good luck with your bets

Last edited:
I fancy Englishman in the next at Haydock. Will surely love the soft ground. The 91 day absence could be a positive or negative.

Last edited:
I couldn't have got that Haydock race any more wrong but horrible to watch and looked more suited to a February hurdle race.

Wm Buick travels to York today, apparently for an outside ride on Swashbuckle (4.10). The Cesarewitch entry suggests the step up in trip will be a bonus, and I don't see the general 11/4 lasting.

3.50 Fontwell
Workbench races off 13lb lower than his chase mark and may be the value at 6/1 to take what looks a weak race for the grade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3.50 Fontwell
Workbench races off 13lb lower than his chase mark and may be the value at 6/1 to take what looks a weak race for the grade
The money is talking for one horse in the race, & one horse only, the favourite Crimson Ark.
Expect an improved performance today after the 150 day absence.
You're a shrewdie you Viking, but you'd be wise to bung a reverse forecast on for cover, imho.

Re-yesterday, I underestimated the effect of soft ground, don't think Inexes actually goes on it. He'll have his day in the sun before the seasons over, imho.

Last edited:
The money is talking for one horse in the race, & one horse only, the favourite Crimson Ark.
Your selection Workbench also in for market support, I've corrected myself!!!
Forecasssssssstttttttttttt!

Last edited:
Thanks Marble
Nice to be thought of as a shrewdie [emoji41]
Money for Workbench also now 9/2 generally with some 5/1 available

It seems you're the shrewdie. Good call & thanks for the prompt to back the RFC

Last edited:
Cheers. Two winners on the compo thread today for me, so I'm pleased. Nothing less than the full 40 points will do this week, time is running out!

Doncaster 5:15

Seamster has ran 24 times in 2016, winning 6 times, with an outstanding sprinting strike rate of 25 percent this year. He's a credit to the stable at the age of 9, winning on different surfaces/goings. He can stick that nose in front once again tomorrow. Forget the last day, he's a CD winner.

Tylery Wonder is a danger in the race, trained by P. Midgley coming from Ireland, first start in England, so could be anything off current U.K mark. I'll be reversing a forecast on these two.
I'll also reverse a tricast with the two plus the SP favourite for fun and good measure.
It will not take big stakes for a massive payout. :)

See if my lucks in!

Last edited:
Very best of luck, Marble, what a payout if these three come in! Think I would prefer a comb. on the tricast, just in case the fav. screws things up? Anyway, fingers crossed!

Uttoxeter 2.10
Skylander should be well capable of winning this down in grade. Slight worry that he may have had a tough enough race only 6 days ago but 4/1 seems a good enough price

Very best of luck, Marble, what a payout if these three come in! Think I would prefer a comb. on the tricast, just in case the fav. screws things up? Anyway, fingers crossed!

Three horses at the head of the betting, around the 7/1 mark, so I don't mind splitting stakes with each one individually, with Seamster and Tylery Lane in a R.C.Tricast. You have to speculate to accumulate!

Five horses could go off favourite now. So my final decision has to be five reverse combination tricasts. As follows..

No's

Last edited:
That nose defeat cost me a four figure win, Kirby will be disappointed he couldn't hold on on Tylery Lane!

Last edited:
In the valuable Weatherbys Hamilton Stakes for 2-y-o's at Doncaster (3:40), where prize money will be won by the first six home (R.Post), will have a modest e/w on Roger Varian's Jumira Bridge.

Oh well, not a bad run, might even have made the frame at 6f. The extra half furlong did him! Winner won it well. Connections receive £7380 for 6th place, that can't be bad!

..........and then, Roger Varian and Atzeni win the next! Not my day! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back