What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find out what the next race is for Stanghow tomorrow. Entered in Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups' at Ayr on Friday and Saturday, with an entry at Leicester on Monday to boot. My preference is for him to run in the Bronze.

The horse he beat before this season, Alpha Delphini, rated 106, is entered to run in the group 3 at Newbury on Saturday. This Bryan Smart trained horse is coming on leaps and bounds, he must be one to watch this weekend.
See what Alpha Delphini does today. Stanghow gets declared for Leicester's 3:30 on Monday and must have an excellent chance.

Last edited:
Alpha Delphini (106) just pipped by Cotai Glory (112), makes Stanghow look interesting off 86 on Monday for sure, especially as he is in the form of his life....

Last edited:
Plumpton 2.30
My Brother Sylvest looks thrown in on old chase form and has been rejuvenated by the change of yard. Probably didn't get home over 18f last time out and today's trip much more suitable. 5/1 taken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanghow taken off his feet yesterday against that opposition sadly. I don't think he ran to his best, because he was taken on for the lead and I don't think he liked it.

Caeser The Gaeser out at Redcar in the last race, 6:05 tomorrow, with De Sousa booked to ride. I'll be a having a good win bet on this as everything looks right for him, as long as he gets out the stalls ok.

Last edited:
Neither Timeform, At The Races, Sporting Life, or oddschecker fancy or select the in-form horse and favourite, Caeser The Gaeser tomorrow.

If you're reading in and spying, you've missed a good'un! He'll be a 100/30 shot by tomorrow night. ;)

Last edited:
Neither Timeform, At The Races, Sporting Life, or oddschecker fancy or select the in-form horse and favourite, Caeser The Gaeser tomorrow.
You can add the Racing Post to that list. If Caeser The Gaeser has had a leg amputated somebody should tell us punters! :)

It takes a braver man than me to be backing win only in a 20 runner class 6 sprint h'cap, but he's certainly got a big shout at a track he likes with the champ booked on lively ground, Best of luck marb.

Cheers Fonz. As for the 20 runner thing, around 16 of them are complete shite, so I'm not worried about field size numbers.

Much as I've tried to make a light hearted joke of it, I've read all the previews and I cannot glean why these racing media houses are against Caeser.

He may well run poorly, but before the race, I'm not sure what the reasons for passing him over are, that's all.

My patent tomorrow is Caeser The Gaeser, Keep It Dark in the last at Goodwood (who I mentioned before on here.. down to a handy mark), and Straits Of Malacca in the 4:55 at Goodwood. See how we go.

Last edited:
Cheers Fonz. As for the 20 runner thing, around 16 of them are complete shite, so I'm not worried about field size numbers.

Much as I've tried to make a light hearted joke of it, I've read all the previews and I cannot glean why these racing media houses are against Caeser.

He may well run poorly, but before the race, I'm not sure what the reasons for passing him over are, that's all.

Easily the most tipped horse in the race though mate according to tomorrow's RP. 7 tips with 2 for the joint next highest (Perfect Words & & Ponty Royale)

Best of luck with it.

Thanks mate....he's got the same name as my T.V idol, Ceser Millan, the dog trainer. ;)

Last edited:
Stepping up markedly in trip on their 2nd outing is a practice Sir Mark usually reserves for his better horses, so it's probably significant that Flymetothestars (8.10) tackles 3f further today. Handicapped on his Feruary debut {where his jockey said "He'll come on a hell of a lot for that") his 2 further entries this week suggest he's unlikely to lack fitness, and makes plenty of a appeal at a best-priced 4/1.

Last edited:
I'm having a speculative punt on Divine Call for Milton Bradley - 4.55 Goodwood - Each way punt, 3lb below last winning mark over same course/distance and with same Jockey who is 1 from 2.

I know, I know, repeating the same as last year is extremely speculative but whilst 10lb out of handicap, claimer on board means it is still thereabouts with same mark as last year. Ground softening slightly too and off bottom weight prepared to give an each way chance.

Also having a spec each way on dishy guru. Likes Goodwood, down in the weights and note last win was after a string of no performances. Tom Marquand on board.

Ponty Royale in the last for Easterby is another one down the weights, likes the course and prepared to give an each way chance.

Stanghow taken off his feet yesterday against that opposition sadly. I don't think he ran to his best, because he was taken on for the lead and I don't think he liked it.

Caeser The Gaeser out at Redcar in the last race, 6:05 tomorrow, with De Sousa booked to ride. I'll be a having a good win bet on this as everything looks right for him, as long as he gets out the stalls ok.

Get in! Well done marb :cool:

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Despite being run close at the end by his stable mate, he stuck his neck out at the finish which I liked. The champ gave him a good ride, not leaving it too late. Pulled nicely clear of the third. Thanks again.

Nice one, Marb - better than my lemon. :)

With the next 3 home having won since, Best Solution (3.40) might be a piece better than originally rated, can be forgiven a poor run in Turkey, and @ 16/1 in a dead 8 field, might reward an ew investment.

As all students of the game know today is Twiston-Davies day at Perth -absolutely nailed on to have multiple winners.Fortunes to be made if you can get it right-I think he will win the novice chase and hurdle but will try and take on his first runner in running-an all weather horse by American sire Mizzen Mast who gets his share of dodgepots-I think he will be vulnerable late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back