What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenstone under Oisin Murphy looks overpriced in the last at Chelmsford tonight. I'm not that keen on the market leaders so I'm taking them on.
Also, I thought Secret Harp and Ershaad looked like they could run well, so yes you guessed it, reverse forecasts and a reverse tricast on these three.
If (and its a big if), the favourites underperform I think the three I mentioned will pick up the pieces. That's the thinking anyway.

Chelmsford 8:10
Win Single - Kenstone

R.C.F No 4 & 6, 4 & 11, 6 & 11

R.C.T. , No 4, 6 & 11

Four in the tracker today, so going to have large doubles and smaller other multiples.

Laurence in the 4.50 Doncaster, been running ok and gradually improving with time. Due a win.
Salsabeel 4.15 Doncaster. Looks very promising and subject to good report.
Tis Marvellous 2.30 Doncaster. Proper horse from what ive seen, out of depth and ground last day.
Hunaina 4.00 Down Royal Mugged the last day by an outsider. Should win this maiden.

a good quality days racing but my attention has been drawn to the maiden at Bath..5.30 race

Kubler fields 2 runners in this..Zippy and Ducissa....the one i like is Ducissa

Zippy comes here after a lay off and Kubler does poorly with such horses..his record with horses coming back from a break are 1/27 with an AE of 0.44..his FTO record is also poor so its a % call that his horses aren't ready to win unless they have had a recent run.

Ducissa comes here off just a 17 day break and Luke Morris is on..he rode it last time..his record for Kubler in maiden races on turf is 3/5... +£10 to £1 level stakes..so they have been decent prices..not odds onners

Ducissa
looks a decent bet to me at about 3/1 at the moment

Think persuasive is the bet of the day at Leopardstown. Been hugely impressed with this one on everything so far. Further progress today.

Pleased with Stanghow again, ran a cracker in 3rd place beaten 2L by the top weight Pipers Note (rated 95 before today). A work in progress.
I see Stanghow does hold an entry in the Bronze Cup at Ayr on Friday. Based on previous renewals he should make the cut. I'd give him every chance in a race like that.

Good luck today Placebacker.

Last edited:
Inexes back out tomorrow in 6:45 at Carlisle. Have to see what the grounds like, Gd-St or better and I wouldn't put anyone off...

4.50 Worcester
Perspicace looks good value here at 11/1. Probably didn't get home at 23f last time and today's shorter trip could be ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.25 Listowel

Straight match in my opinion, so Dutching on

Cascavelle @ 11-8 [Bet Victor] & Ensign @ 11-10 [Race Bets]

BOG

Full on clarets 6.45 Carlisle. Very much stable second string on jockey bookings. Not beaten far over 7f last two times and last three runs has been leading with a furlong to go. Dropped to 6f for this, won over this distance at Lingfield but has been high in the weights and slowly dropping

At the price and the way it has been running over 7f suggests it's fit and ready to go and worth a chance each way. Good luck all.

Inexes back out tomorrow in 6:45 at Carlisle. Have to see what the grounds like, Gd-St or better and I wouldn't put anyone off...
Bunging him in an small ew double with Caesar The Gaesar in 4:30 at Thirsk.
Surprised if Ceasar isn't in the shake up today.

Last edited:
A decent placed effort from Inexes.

As for Caesar - Did anyone see him give the rest 10L start coming out the stalls???!!! 50 yards more is all he needed to get his head in front..... He'll be fancied next time out. The type of horse who could pick up plenty of handicaps over the next couple of years. That's why I keep mentioning him.

The unlucky Goodwood runner DRAGON MALL steps down in class at Sandown tomorrow, the price looks too big.

Watch the market on KEEP IT DARK in the 2:05. This wasn't a bad horse a season or two ago....ran poorly the last few times but down to a very low mark on some old form; races off bottom weight here. I might have a dabble, but I'd like to see if he is supported in the betting.

Last edited:
As impressive as So Mi Dar was in the Musidora she has to be taken on in the Listed race at Yarmouth today given the huge penalty (8lb) she has to shoulder today. Arabian Queen is the obvious alternative and I managed to get 7/2 last night. I still make her a decent bet at 3s.

As impressive as So Mi Dar was in the Musidora she has to be taken on in the Listed race at Yarmouth today given the huge penalty (8lb) she has to shoulder today. Arabian Queen is the obvious alternative and I managed to get 7/2 last night. I still make her a decent bet at 3s.

I thought exactly the same myself but then I read the usually bullish Elsie's comments re Arabian Queen which don't bode well either.

Decided to leave the race alone but if forced to bet I would probably take the 9s about the Varian filly as if she's ever going to beat the front two in the market it would have to be today.

Elsworth yesterday "We had a recurrence of the problem six weeks ago but she's now back on track. Running her at Yarmouth will do her more good than me galloping her all the time, and although she isn't unfit she will benefit for the run - I just hope her enthusiasm outweighs her fitness"

Watch the market on KEEP IT DARK in the 2:05. This wasn't a bad horse a season or two ago....ran poorly the last few times but down to a very low mark on some old form; races off bottom weight here. I might have a dabble, but I'd like to see if he is supported in the betting.

N/R

I give a good each way shout to Stanghow in Thirsk's 3:45 tomorrow. He's had a months break since a below par run, but his three runs prior to that were interesting, especially when he got the better of Majestic Hero and Alpha Delphini in May at Pontefract, (they're now rated 87 and 96 respectively). Alpha Delphini is one that has definitely franked the form, winning valuable handicaps at York and Ascot since. So Stanghow could be a few pounds ahead of the assessor with a rating of 81 ...the question mark is over his last no-show, but my gut feeling is he will bounce back tomorrow. The positives out weigh the negatives.

Find out what the next race is for Stanghow tomorrow. Entered in Bronze, Silver and Gold Cups' at Ayr on Friday and Saturday, with an entry at Leicester on Monday to boot. My preference is for him to run in the Bronze.

The horse he beat before this season, Alpha Delphini, rated 106, is entered to run in the group 3 at Newbury on Saturday. This Bryan Smart trained horse is coming on leaps and bounds, he must be one to watch this weekend.

Last edited:
I like a few of Fahey's each way today including Spin Doctor, Giddy, Kocallado. I'm having a speculative each way punt on Magic City in the Bronze cup. Now with Easterby from Hannon, it has dropped a stone in weight this year and beaten some large distances. Last two times beaten just over 6 lengths showing closer to the front. I just fancy it to out run it's huge odds today, dependent on the draw bias of course.

Only small each way bets/multiples.

I am having a win bet on Ronnie Baird in the last at Ayr. Only two horses with course form and fancy this one to dog it out and get it's head in front in the last furlong.

Today might be the day to catch Esteaming (4.20 Ayr). I've no idea why he hasn't run so far this season but he goes well fresh, yard's in decent form, trip and ground suit and he's run well off higher marks than today's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back