What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
been lazy with the jumps today and just spotted two jockeys who are doing pretty well recently so have had a small round robin on JC Barry's mounts

.2.10 Hatch Hall...3.20 wakea...5.00 round tower

and a small canadian on Henry brookes mounts

2.10 endeavor..2.45 jack of hearts...3.20 monbeg cave...3.50 cool baranca...5.30 joans tart

one of them is a 200/1 shot in there:D

Last edited:
I know what you mean. As a parent of two young children I have to rely on people like you to do the form study for me [emoji1]

Doonard Prince has a live chance over at the Curragh in the 3:35.

The limited occasions he's had soft ground he's run well on it....6F should be perfect, connections swap the usual cheek pieces for a pair of blinkers today, it can work the oracle I reckon.

Last edited:
that headgear swap might not be a good idea Marb..footstepsinthe sands do ok with cheekpieces..but not so well with blinkers...they might have been better if they thought cheek piece effect was wearing off to try a visor

Footstepsinthesand

Cheekpieces: 20/136 ...A/E 1.08

Blinkers: 5/74.............A/E 0.67

Visor: 8/37.................A/E 1.48

Nice to see you back, EC1.
You're rght, in the sense, I'm guessing about the headgear.
However, he's slipped down to a rating of 45 this season, from 54 at the end of 2015, but he's actually been running better this year, (albeit hit and miss).
So he looks well handicapped. At the mature age of seven the blinkers are interesting. I often think blinkers are a good addition to ageing handicappers dropping down the weights..

Last edited:
Nice to see you back, EC1.
You're rght, in the sense, I'm guessing about the headgear.
However, he's slipped down to a rating of 45 this season, from 54 at the end of 2015, but he's actually been running better this year, (albeit hit and miss).
So he looks well handicapped. At the mature age of seven the blinkers are interesting. I often think blinkers are a good addition to ageing handicappers dropping down the weights..

you can remove a bit of the guess though with the sire stats Marb..they don't say it can't win..but they do say over a number of bets progeny of footsteps prefer Visor to Blinkers

Cheers guys. I've taken a look at the 5.25 at headquarters tomorrow. Second Step has a strong chance. I see her running well but the interesting horse is the mare Frankie Dettori rides for John Gosden, FURIA CRUZADA. Like my old pet Turantula she is a Chillian bred. :) She has not had many runs In England but did well in two Group 2s this season over 8 & 12 furlongs.. Supports my argument that she is versatile. I think she has a question to answer in regards to firm ground but she simply hasn't run on it enough to reach a definitive conclusion. Good horses have a way of overcoming doubts and hopefully she is one.

Last edited:
Graham Lee rides in the first at Haydock on captain swift who won the div 2 race of three pound higher last year. Ground drying out which goes against but worth an each way bet.

Lee then heads to Newcastle to ride in the first for Donald Mccain. Two rides, Lexis Boy is up against it in my view so I'm taking a chance he is there for Isaak on handicap debut, out of balding yard and second run for DM.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day than today, which was crap.

Cloonacool I like in 2:35 at Market Rasen, I'm giving him another chance.

Shady McCoy runs in the 5:20 at Newmarket with a near 40 per cent win strike rate. Much improved last season and this, he can go close in the last.

I'm a bit gutted Corinthian is only 9/4 in the last at Haydock. He was an instant tracker entry for me in June when staying on really well at Newbury behind a horse who has run well in races since off more than a stone higher mark. I'm not ******* around with that price in a single so have him in a double with Roly Poly in the CP. The fav must be opposed in that race.

yeah peeved with that Corinthian price too Euro, might go for value but nothing much else appeals. Going there this affy tough card with big handicaps and 2yr newcomers

Problem with oddschecker this morning and I didn't realise until now just how dependent I've become of it

Flying Pursuit ran well from a bad draw at Ayr last week and runs at Ripon this afternoon. Problem is that he might be badly drawn again today in 1 of 14 with the stalls on the stands' side which means he's on the outside of the group. I suppose there's a chance that his jockey might take him over to the far side. I'm going to have a few quid on anyway.

Flying Pursuit ran well from a bad draw at Ayr last week and runs at Ripon this afternoon. Problem is that he might be badly drawn again today in 1 of 14 with the stalls on the stands' side which means he's on the outside of the group. I suppose there's a chance that his jockey might take him over to the far side. I'm going to have a few quid on anyway.

Good luck gus
Flying Pursuit has been in my tracker since July but I've vowed not to back him anymore until he moves up to 7f.

Cloonacool I like in 2:35 at Market Rasen, I'm giving him another chance..
FFS, he didn't even know he was in a race, falling when travelling like the wrath of god at the second last. A right kick in bollox that I didn't need, that one.

Last edited:
Nasty. Reminds me of Overturn getting turned over by a stable companion in the Chester Cup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back