What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Shady McCoy would be the tonic I need in the last and turn the day around quite nicely after Sparky. :)

It maybe an exaggeration...something I've said before as well.... but it does seem the majority of handicaps are won by horses who have proven themselves at that class level of handicap. However sometimes you see an improving horse creep in the handicap with no weight that runs well. I think the 4:30 at Curragh tomorrow is a case in point. The weights aren't as compressed in this race, there's a big differential between top and bottom weight. Soft ground is likely and I've a hunch ACCALIA might improve on this going, given she's been done for a bit of speed in some of her races. She seems to be improving with the visor, winning a smaller event last time out. I reckon she'll give a good run for my money up-on-the-pace. I have seen worse 50/1 shots. Its an insulting price each way.

Last edited:
Flying Pursuit ran well from a bad draw at Ayr last week and runs at Ripon this afternoon. Problem is that he might be badly drawn again today in 1 of 14 with the stalls on the stands' side which means he's on the outside of the group. I suppose there's a chance that his jockey might take him over to the far side. I'm going to have a few quid on anyway.

It did turn out to be a bad draw. In the next race, also a sprint handicap, the horse drawn in stall 1 was switched to the far side and made all at 12/1.

A friend who is involved with the horse tells me that Malcolm Jefferson is bullish about Virtually Ours (4.50 Sedgefield).

No idea how strong that info is, but the yard does well in bumpers so I've chanced the 8/1.

Richard Hughes trains a colt, who was expensive at the sales, runs at Salisbury tomorrow in the 2:20, called Clemento. He's entered in next years derby, has the same owners as former derby winner Authorized, so I'm prepared to take a chance on him at reasonable odds of 5/1.

Last edited:
A friend who is involved with the horse tells me that Malcolm Jefferson is bullish about Virtually Ours (4.50 Sedgefield).

No idea how strong that info is, but the yard does well in bumpers so I've chanced the 8/1.

Even by my standards that horse was slow. Sorry all

There's no need to apologise Benny. This is just a forum to be enjoyed and not put loads f pressure on yourself! We're not paid for this. Even if we were, I don't see paid tipsters apologising when they call it wrong.

Having said that, If Clemento doesn't win the 2:20 tomorrow I'll top myself. :)

Last edited:
Well...... back to horses with some form figures - Barnaby Brook is the selection tomorrow at Brighton (3:25).

The Racing Post rightly says he looks better on the a/w than turf based on the evidence so far, but I fancy he'll set the record straight tomorrow at Brighton. He's had gaps between his races, was off two years before this season started, so he may have had problems, but he's in the form of his life now, running from an 8 pound lower mark on turf. The Handicapper doesn't have him yet and I'll take him to keep improving with blinkers on.

Last edited:
Good Luck

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

3.05 Warwick-Arctic Ben @ 7-1 [Ladbrokes] NAP

3.40 Warwick-Barman @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
4.00 Brighton-Onehelluvatouch @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
4.30 Brighton-Open The Red @ 3-1 [Skybet]
4.55 Newcastle-Soundstrings @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
5.25 Newcastle-Intense Starlet @ 5-2 [Bet 365]

Good luck with the above guys.

I'm backing windforpower today at Newcastle. Gigolo put it up last week and was unlucky, further weight turn around today and better draw.

Couple of token outside bets on two rank outsiders at Brighton. Interesting course and course form counts for quite a lot. Secular society is a massive price as looked fit on recent hurdles form amd down the weights to similar level to last c and d win. Welsh inlet another down to similar weight to last c and d, form not great though but taking the chance back at Brighton might make the difference.

I have convinced myself I have found the combo f/c/& tricast in the 2.50 Brighton - East India, Barren Brook & Top Diktat. I have also done an e/way double on Laura Morgans two at Brighton B.O.G.

Good Luck

Followed you in there with Barman. 3/1 was a nice price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Luck

Some great picks in here. 3 wins and a place, and the other was fourth. Hope you did a multi.

Good Luck

3.40 Warwick-Barman @ 3-1 [Bet 365]:)
4.00 Brighton-Onehelluvatouch @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]:)
4.55 Newcastle-Soundstrings @ 3-1 [Bet 365]:)

Profit of 9pts

I like Kadrizzi at Ascot tomorrow (3:10). Started season off on 96, won three valuable handicaps, so cannot complain about carrying top weight. Looking at ratings I definitely prefer Kadrizzi off 103 than Ornate off 100, based on what they've done.

Last edited:
Also, Noble Peace (4:20) is coming into good form having beaten the Hannon horse last time, In The Red, who happens to run in the 2:35. Were the latter to win, Henry Candy's horse would surely shorten up in the market for the 4:20 you'd think. I'll play a patent. I reckon the In The Red/Noble Peace form line is a good'un.

Ascot
2:35 In The Red
3:10 Kadrizzi
4:20 Noble Peace

Last edited:
Good Luck

3.10 Ascot-Ornate @ 9-2 [Skybet]

4.10 Hexham-Ever So Much @ 13-2 [Bet 365] NAP

4.45 Hexham-St Gregory @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]

Fontwell 4.00
Workbench can complete a treble in this race having won it the last two years after a decent prep over hurdles. I see Ravens Tower as the danger ahead of Theatre Flame. Purple n Gold looked to be feeling the effect of a busy summer the last twice and Notarfbad looks in the handicapper's grip. Lord Ben may also be handicapped to the hilt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spencer is an interesting booking for Mick Easterby on Holiday Magic at Ascot. Horse shown nothing this season after being off for a long time but is tumbling down the weights. At some point will come good it would be nice to have a glimpse of it first though before backing but I'm going to dip my toe in. MAy be better to wait for the aw though.

I'm also having am each on wordiness in the last at Ascot. c and d history looks decent and last few times beaten not far off higher ratings. Big price on that basis.

Note Pat Smullen over here for the listed race as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back