What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fontwell 4.00
Workbench can complete a treble in this race having won it the last two years after a decent prep over hurdles. I see Ravens Tower as the danger ahead of Theatre Flame. Purple n Gold looked to be feeling the effect of a busy summer the last twice and Notarfbad looks in the handicapper's grip. Lord Ben may also be handicapped to the hilt

Nice work. Was umming and ahhing over whether to back it and your post pushed me over the edge.

Nice work. Was umming and ahhing over whether to back it and your post pushed me over the edge.

Cheers Benny glad you were on too. Fuming now as I told myself if it won I'd have a chunk on Young Dillon but got distracted by a problem at work and forgot [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newmarket

2:15 Racing Angel for Mick Quinn could appreciate carrying such a low weight me thinks. She carries 8:1 with a 7 pound claimer on, if weight still matters in handicaps she could feasibly go close. Has decent form in lower grade races. The very fact the trainer steps her up to this grade tells me there is something she's capable of that we haven't seen yet. Worth watching the market.

3:25 This Beckett trained filly, Sightline... has a 9 pound pull at the weights with Sharja Queen tomorrow due to Sharja Queen hacking up in a race by 6L later on in the season. However, to me anyway, this doesn't stop the fact this Sightline still has a significant 9 pound pull at the weights. The 10-1 looks more than fair for a repeat outcome.

Last edited:
Firmament (3.40) travelled like a dream latest and, with a little more luck in running, would have beaten the winner convincingly. Hopefully, he'll confirm that impression today.

Good Luck

My bets [1pt win on each]

2.20 Fontwell-Play The Ace @ 3-1 [Betway]

5.10 Newmarket-Lustrous @ 6-1 [Bet 365] NAP

I like Frenchie dutch in the Sun Chariot. Ervedya has not had her ground all year and Volta is also a threat. The fav too short.

The Cumberland Lodge is a weird one. I think the fav and Western Hymn should be shorter. Kings Fete looks the type who needs a long straight and he's run badly here before.

Good Luck

2.20 Fontwell-Play The Ace @ 3-1 [Betway]

5.10 Newmarket-Lustrous @ 6-1 [Bet 365] NAP
Good luck Placebacker. Following you in on Lustrous in my yankee at least lol.

Last edited:
2.55 Fontwell
The overnight rain and further heavy showers this morning have improved the chances of Belize and he looks value at 9/2

Edit Just seen the jolly a NR so there'll be a hefty R4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both Lydia Richards horses at Fontwell at double odds look e/way value. Her one in the first race finished 3rd & 1st in this race in the last two years and her bumper horse arguably has the best form of those that have run. E/way singles & e/way double. Just hoping she has targeted these races at her favourite local track.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.25 Uttoxeter-Whatduhavtoget @ 15-8 [William Hill]

5.10 Uttoxeter-Chakisto @ 9-2 [Ladbrokes] NAP

Brilliant EC1. I actually did Marsha this morning but it was good to see you post nevertheless!

Yeah been a good day, got my stake money back, ten times over, which I'll settle for.

I nearly selected the Godophin winner in the first but changed my mind to something else. So I was gutted after the first race but Speedy Boarding (well selected by Rory Delargy) was a good'un.

I liked Speedy Boarding for the Champion Filly and Mares at Newmarket, but she came here so had to do her today. Didn't have strong opinions on Arc in truth, already placed my bets before I saw your stats, so missed Found, a bit annoying but pleased for you and the rest of her backers anyway.

Marsha has finished it off nicely and ensured a good profit on the day. Glass is definitely half full not empty.
Roll on Caeser The Gaeser at Leicester in 4:20 on Tuesday, my tracker horse.

Last edited:
Yeah been a good day, got my stake money back, ten times over, which I'll settle for.

I nearly selected the Godophin winner in the first but changed my mind to something else. So I was gutted after the first race but Speedy Boarding (well selected by Rory Delargy) was a good'un.

I liked Speedy Boarding for the Champion Filly and Mares at Newmarket, but she came here so had to do her today. Didn't have strong opinions on Arc in truth, already placed my bets before I saw your stats, so missed Found, a bit annoying but pleased for you and the rest of her backers anyway.

Marsha has finished it off nicely and ensured a good profit on the day. Glass is definitely half full not empty.
Roll on Caeser The Gaeser at Leicester in 4:20 on Tuesday, my tracker horse.

good stuff Marb..good luck with Tuesday

i'm nervous at the moment...i'm sat on 3 doubles and a treble..multiplied by two....found...with the two in the abbaye..and suedous in the 5.15..the double is making a nice figure..the treble will be mint..had good win bets on all of them as well..we know what happens in these situations don't we?:)

i'm convinced this 7f will suit suedois..has won over it before and teh 6f efforts make it look handy to me

Morning All

2.30 Pontefract-Father Mckenzie @ 6-1 [Betway]
3.10 Southwell-Debece @ 7-4 [Ladbrokes]
3.30 Pontefract-Leoncavallo @ 11-8 [Paddy Power]

5.20 Windsor-Go Amber Go @ 7-1 [Paddy Power] NAP

Looked at 4:30 at Ponte decided its race that I want to be against the market leaders. I believe the 12-1 chance, Adherence is the horse to do it with. 0 wins from half a dozen starts so far, but a has done a few good placed runs, 2nds, 3rds, 4ths, etc. I reckon today could be Adherence's day off a nice mark and low weight, especially as the market leaders look much of a muchness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back