What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good card at Newmarket but I'm going for one at Newton Abbot instead
Goodbye Dancer looks to have a decent chance in the 3.00 on recent running and with Twister in good form then I'm hopi he can make his current price of 12/1 look generous. Jamie Bargary's 5lb claim won't hurt either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never went a yard after fluffing the first two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning All

My bets [1pt win on each]

2.30 Pontefract-Father Mckenzie @ 6-1 [Betway]
3.10 Southwell-Debece @ 7-4 [Ladbrokes]
3.30 Pontefract-Leoncavallo @ 11-8 [Paddy Power]

5.20 Windsor-Go Amber Go @ 7-1 [Paddy Power] NAP

Loss of 4pts:(

1.45 Newmarket-Gravity Flow @ 10-3 [Skybet]
2.05 Chepstow-Capeland @ 11-8 [Bet Victor]
2.35 York-Autocratic @ 13-2 [Betfair Sports]
3.15 Chepstow-Clan Des Obeaux @ 15-8 [Bet Victor]
3.35 Hexham-Formidableopponent @ 15-8 [Betfred]
4.05 Hexham-Halcyon Days @ 11-2 [Race Bets]
4.20 York-Gulliver @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
4.45 Newmarket-Genetics @ 9-1 [Boylesports]
5.30 York-Richie Mccaw @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]

Not a big fan of Churchill -his price is short at 1.71 and could go shorter due to the feel good factor around the stable.I think there is plenty of juice in taking him on at under 1.7.

Stanghow was well handicapped the last day off 81, he is on 86 after that.

This likeable front running horse Stanghow, is entered up on Wednesday. He has some really impressive form with one or two horses. Earlier on in the season he beat Alpha Delphini, (gone on to much better things). He was then 2 lengths behind Pipers Note whose finished fourth in the big sprint today at York behind Intisaab. I need to check out the opposition when declarations are made on Monday but it is highly likely I'll be backing Stanghow on Wednesday if he's declared. He'll bounce back, imho.

Last edited:
Aye. I put Intisaab up on the tipping compo today, Euro. I wasn't mad confident but he was my selection. He had so much form in the book, clearly 90 something on the handicap wasn't unjustified....

Last edited:
Aye. I put Intisaab up on the tipping compo today, Euro. I wasn't mad confident but he was my selection. He had so much form in the book, clearly 90 something on the handicap wasn't unjustified....
Correction. He actually ran off 100 today.. a pound higher than his fourth at Ascot last time.

1.45 Newmarket-Gravity Flow @ 10-3 [Skybet]
2.05 Chepstow-Capeland @ 11-8 [Bet Victor]
2.35 York-Autocratic @ 13-2 [Betfair Sports]:)
3.15 Chepstow-Clan Des Obeaux @ 15-8 [Bet Victor]
3.35 Hexham-Formidableopponent @ 15-8 [Betfred]:) @ 9-4!
4.05 Hexham-Halcyon Days @ 11-2 [Race Bets]
4.20 York-Gulliver @ 11-4 [Bet 365]:) @ 4-1
4.45 Newmarket-Genetics @ 9-1 [Boylesports]
5.30 York-Richie Mccaw @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]

Profit of 6.58pts....at posted odds

This likeable front running horse Stanghow, is entered up on Wednesday. He has some really impressive form with one or two horses. Earlier on in the season he beat Alpha Delphini, (gone on to much better things). He was then 2 lengths behind Pipers Note, whose finished fourth in the big sprint today at York behind Intisaab. I need to check out the opposition when declarations are made on Monday but it is highly likely I'll be backing Stanghow on Wednesday if he's declared. He'll bounce back, imho.

That one pound the handicapper dropped him after last run means he sneaks into a 0-85 (class 4) company, off top weight, instead of having to go Class 3 level., truly lovely.

Just need him declared on Monday!

Last edited:
My bets [1pt on each]

2.00 Goodwood-Be My Sea @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
2.50 Chepstow-Potters Corner @ 15-2 [Bet 365]
3.25 Chepstow-Wishfull Dreaming @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
4.00 Chepstow-Junction Fourteen @ 7-1 [Stan James]

The Post comment that Irish Cavalier is now on a "lofty handicap mark" (160) is clearly correct but the way he travelled in last year's Paddy Power off 156 strongly suggests that this rating shouldn't be beyond him in the 4.00 at Chepstow if all is well with the horse and the form of the Curtis stable gives cause for optimism in that regard.

Southdown Lad (4.50 Goodwood) has looked well-handicapped all season. He was taken out of a valuable race at Newmarket on Friday due to the fast ground there and the good (good to soft in places) ground this afternoon should be right up his street.

Chepstow
2.15 Dolos 4/5 - Finished 3rd in a listed race in France and Alan King's horse looks the danger but not really bred for jumping.

2.50 Arpege D'Alene 13/8 - Best of these over hurdles and a C/d winner - Hobbs horse best form is right-handed.

4.00 Double Shuffle 15/2 e/way - with negatives about most the field - SDG & IC looking or thought to be in the handicappers grip. JF being targeted for M/Rsn next month - D expected to need the run - RS flat bred - SOG bad f/t/o record - that leaves Art Mauresque - Voix D'Eau & Double Shuffle - Imo DS open to more improvement - may be tempted to do a combo f/c & tricast.

5.30 Waterloo Warrior 5/1 - with his main protagonists in the market thought to be stayers - the trainer says of WW "He has done very well during the summer and now looks like a proper racehorse, who is incredibly well bred."

4.00 Double Shuffle 15/2 e/way - with negatives about most the field - SDG & IC looking or thought to be in the handicappers grip. JF being targeted for M/Rsn next month - D expected to need the run - RS flat bred - SOG bad f/t/o record - that leaves Art Mauresque - Voix D'Eau & Double Shuffle - Imo DS open to more improvement - may be tempted to do a combo f/c & tricast.

:D:thumbsup::adore:

• SF£45.61
  • Tricast£181.42

Last edited:

DING DONG :whistle:

09-Oct-16
12:00:42 16:00 Chepstow
Combination Forecast (3) - Win
Betfair Bet ID O/6561083/0001523
--
4.20 -- Open

Voix D'eau