What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd strongly suggest anyone who likes a bit of ante post value takes the 50/1 Candy Boy with Bet365 for the Dubai World Cup.

Runs today in Meydan at 4.50. Was only beaten 6 lengths in the race last year after an interrupted preparation (first run since 4th in 2015 edition). With a clear run this season its not inconceivable that he could go off favourite in a year where there will be no superstars showing up.

Last edited:
Dead Heat. Not sure i'd be too happy with Josephine there.

yes horse should have won outright, she seemed to lack strength in the saddle and also looked like she accepted was not going to get there....Airton thought otherwise!

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.30 Exeter-Cajun Fiddle @ 7-4 [Skybet]
12.40 Towcester-Duke Arcadio @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
1.00 Exeter-Lithic @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.20 Newcastle-Tailwind @ 7-2 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Newcastle-Go George Go @ 5-2 [Bet 365]:)
2.20 Newcastle-Airton @ 13-8 [William Hill]:) dead heat
3.30 Newcastle-My Dad Syd @ 4-1 [William Hill]
3.45 Exeter-Lunar Flow @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]

Loss of 3.19pts

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.45 Ascot-Criq Rock @ 13-8 [Betfair Sports]
1.00 Newcastle-Dusty Bin @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
1.20 Ascot-Red Devil Star @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]
1.35 Newcastle-Aldreth @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
1.45 Uttoxeter-Heavenly Promise @ 5-1 [Skybet]
2.45 Newcastle-Rosy Ryan @ 5-2 [Bet 365]

Morning Herald isn't such a bad bet in Ascot's 3:05.
A slight concern he has been away for two months, but prior form puts him in with a real each way chance.

Last edited:
Rosy Ryan 12.50 tomorrow. I think this is a gigilo horse...the run the last day was very eye catching. Didn't get the run a furlong and a half out, and then ran on best of all in the last furlong. Worth a bet.

Goes today at Newcastle and is worth giving one more chance to. Hopefully gets a pace to run at.

Yesterday ended in profit when Goohar was successful at Towcester.

Today's Selections:

1.20 - Ascot - Mister Spingsprong. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2.
There could be a pace duel at the head of affairs and, if that does develop, it could suit Mister Spingsprong whose stamina for further has already been proven. He disappointed when last seen at Market Rasen (reportedly lost a shoe) but he had shown up well when finishing second twice in successive Novice races at Hexham prior to that. He doesn't look badly handicapped judged on those efforts and he has joined Brian Ellison since he was last seen. He does well with recruits from other yards and they are still in excellent form. Since September their NH horses are 23 from 74 and they send just the one to a track where they have been rare visitors with their jumpers. The booking of Sam Twiston-Davies could be a significant sign of intent.

1.45 - Uttoxeter:
Dalkadam. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Aza Run. 1 pt win. Available at 14/1.
Glimpse Of Gold heads the market and deserves to based on his third in a better race at Hereford last time out but there are viable alternatives at bigger prices. Dalkadam was third on his debut on these shores at Doncaster last season but he didn't repeat it in four subsequent outings (three over fences). It was a similar story on his reappearance but he showed the benefit of that outing when finishing fourth in soft ground over 20 furlongs here earlier this month. The assessor has been kind in dropping him another three pounds and he could get competitive if he builds on that effort. His best performance in France came in heavy ground over fences and the return to such ground is in his favour. Aza Run may need this outing but his best three runs over hurdles have all come on heavy ground and he isn't badly weighted judged on those performances. If he is fit enough to do himself justice he could outrun his odds and make the frame at least.

2.55 - Uttoxeter - Belize. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.

3.05 - Ascot:
Ritual Of Senses. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Abbreviate. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Last edited:
1.20 - Ascot - Mister Spingsprong. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2.
There could be a pace duel at the head of affairs and, if that does develop, it could suit Mister Spingsprong whose stamina for further has already been proven. He disappointed when last seen at Market Rasen (reportedly lost a shoe) but he had shown up well when finishing second twice in successive Novice races at Hexham prior to that. He doesn't look badly handicapped judged on those efforts and he has joined Brian Ellison since he was last seen. He does well with recruits from other yards and they are still in excellent form. Since September their NH horses are 23 from 74 and they send just the one to a track where they have been rare visitors with their jumpers. The booking of Sam Twiston-Davies could be a significant sign of intent.
Put this in my patent earlier (with Morning Herald and Kasbah), so good to see you select it in your write up. Good luck.

Last edited:
Too many jumping errors.
Yeah bit frustrating, winner was on my shortlist but I went for the wrong one.

Morning Herald (e/w) drifting out to 16's in the 3:05, crazy scenes...and if Kasbah doesn't win the 5:15 at Wolves I'll pack the all weather in. :)

Last edited:
3:30 Uttoxeter. Dead Right 9/4. Would Noel Fehily bother going to Uttoxeter for one ride in the last of the day if it wasn't a good chance? Looks to be supported in the market too. Enough to convince me to have a cut!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

3:30 Uttoxeter. Dead Right 9/4. Would Noel Fehily bother going to Uttoxeter for one ride in the last of the day if it wasn't a good chance? Looks to be supported in the market too. Enough to convince me to have a cut!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm on De Dollar Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back