What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reckon there's another race in Outrage (rated 82), who runs in Newcastle's 2:00 Saturday. Given less trouble in running than what he's been encountering recently and he can hopefully swoop late for victory.
I wrote this last week.
He's just won at Newcastle, a week on, at 15/2. I didn't even know it was running because I forgot to put it in the tracker. So there you go, be sure to back whatever I back/select the next time it runs. FFS

Next qualifier....Kasbah 5:15 Wolverhampton

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.45 Ascot-Criq Rock @ 13-8 [Betfair Sports]
1.00 Newcastle-Dusty Bin @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
1.20 Ascot-Red Devil Star @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]:)
1.35 Newcastle-Aldreth @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
1.45 Uttoxeter-Heavenly Promise @ 5-1 [Skybet]
2.45 Newcastle-Rosy Ryan @ 5-2 [Bet 365]

Profit of 2pts....first two bets both beat a short head

1.20 - Ascot - Mister Spingsprong. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2. 4th

1.45 - Uttoxeter:
Dalkadam. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2. 1st
Aza Run. 1 pt win. Available at 14/1. 2nd

2.55 - Uttoxeter - Belize. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1. 3rd

3.05 - Ascot:
Ritual Of Senses. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1. 6th
Abbreviate. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1. 2nd

+9.6 points.

12.50 Lingfield-Warba @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]
2.55 Newcastle-Bun Doran @ 9-4 [Paddy Power]
3.40 Lingfield-Aragon Knight @ 10-3 [Race Bets]

1.50 - Ascot:
Orbasa. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Dusky Lark. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
The second handicap on Ascot's card is a 15 runner Chase over an extended 18 furlongs. Plenty of the field come into the race on the back of a good performance and there looks likely to be a decent pace. On this stiff track that may suit a horse who has proven form over a bit further. Orbasa and Dusky Lark are two such horses. Orbasa will have no chance if he repeats his reappearance effort which saw him pulled up at Aintree. His Trainer stated afterwards that the race was much needed and his horses have mainly benefited from an outing this season. Given the way he performed in his final two starts last season it may pay to take his handler at his word. Those two efforts saw him finish close up second on both occasions and he is just three pounds higher today. On the last occasion he was just one length adrift of Definitely Red over an extended 20 furlongs and that is form that should see him get seriously competitive if he were to repeat it over this shorter trip. Sam Twiston-Davies, who missed his reappearance, is back on board and the yard won this race last season. Dusky Lark comes with risks attached, namely his jumping. Considering he made a catalogue of errors at Kempton last time out he did well to finish second, within three lengths of the winner. That was his first race for six months so there could be more to come from the same mark here. He was the facile winner of a four running handicap at Huntingdon last March and he jumped much better there from the front. He may not get that luxury today and, if he doesn't, there will be pressure put on his fencing. If he passes that test he has the engine to be seriously involved at the business end. The yard look likely to have a stellar season and they have a very profitable 35% strike rate (16 from 46) with today's jockey in recent seasons.

2.40 - Haydock - De Vous A Moi. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 18/1.
Although the topweight is six pounds below the ceiling for this race this is still a competitive renewal of the Tommy Whittle Chase. At a big price De Vous A Moi looks worth siding with. His price may have a lot to do with his last of six on his reappearance here over three miles in heavy ground but if there was ever conditions to find out a horse that needed a race then they were it. That was an attritional affair and there is a slight concern that it was only ten days ago. However with the yard in such good form it's unlikely he would be here if he had shown any signs that he wasn't over those exertions. In six races in a 12 month period up until last March he had for figures of 112211, the last two victories coming in decisive fashion. In that time his mark improved 33 pounds to it's current 135. That's five pounds higher than when winning at Newcastle but the second and third have won four times between them since and the manner of that victory suggests he is still weighted to get competitive. This near 23 furlongs could prove ideal and the underfoot conditions will not faze him. The yard have a profitable 13% strike rate with their Chasers here in recent seasons.

3.25 - Haydock - Le Rocher. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.
Clyne did us a favour last time out and he is a progressive individual who could improve enough to defy this eight pound higher mark. The step back up in trip looks likely to suit but this is a better race than the one he was successful in here over two miles and it could be worth taking him on. Le Rocher was a very good Juvenile back in 2013/14, winning his first two starts in this country. They were Grade One and Grade Two affairs in heavy ground and he won them with a degree of ease. After a near three year absence he returned to the track last month and produced a very encouraging effort, finishing fourth of the eight runners (Beaten just over seven lengths). It's hard to imagine that his patient connections could've expected an better and suggests that most, if not all, his former ability is intact. He has been given 29 days to get over that race and it's hoped that's long enough to avoid the dreaded 'bounce'. Given the nature of his reappearance it is a bonus that the Assessor has seen fit to drop him three pounds and that's a dangerous mark if he is still capable of producing his Juvenile form. The stable jockey is on board for the first time and her five pound claim reduces his burden even further. The yard are 3 from 10 with their hurdlers in recent seasons and they send just the one on the long journey from their Devon base.

3.00 - Ascot - Fourth Act. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

3.35 - Ascot:
Consul De Thaix. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Meet The Legend. 1.25 pts win. Available at 11/1.
Fergall. 0.75 pts win. Available at 33/1.

Last edited:
I'm also on De Vous a Moi and Fourth Act but have gone for Raven's Tower in the 1.50 at Ascot at 12/1 and Modus at 9/1 in the 3.35.
Best bet for me today is El Terremoto in the 3.15 at Haydock. This fella looks progressive and 13/2 could end up looking generous

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My other bets are posted elsewhere but I've also got a six leg acca running in Buveur D'air, Battle of Shiloh (already in), and Top Notch Colin's Sister, Yorkhill, and Unowhatimeanharry to come. It won't pay a fortune, but for £50 stake would be tidy take out.

Last edited:
Nice one Maruco nice when these accas with a load of short priced ones come off

2 2 2 2 2 2 for me so far please Le Mercury and or El Terremoto go in ffs

ediit: All's well that ends well - didnt fancy a bet in the Ascot Handicap hurdle but felt I had to throw one in on the lucky last, biggest bet went on Brain Power who won for me last week, phewwwwwww money back and a few on top to fight another day

Last edited:
Absolute sickener for me.

Tracked a horse called Brain Power, had no idea why but got the reminder it was running today. Looked at the 16/1 price this morning and thought better of it as I didn't write a reason as to why I was tracking the horse.

Goes and wins the 3.35 at Ascot.

Very nice, maruco. Well done!
Thanks Maurice. You'd be surprised how many times these come in if you bide your time.

I don't usually post them as I suspect not many bother with them if the thread and posts I put up last year are anything to go by.

Leopardstown over Xmas is usually a good meeting for accas if anyone plays them.

Last edited:
Yeah well done Maruco. I regularly play the short price multis but they've just not clicked so far this season. Hopefully my turn is around the corner...

1.45 Fakenham-Drumlee Lad @ 15-8 [Paddy Power]
2.05 Lingfield-Van Huysen @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
2.20 Fakenham-G'Day Aussie @ 5-2 [Skybet]
3.05 Lingfield-Goodbye Inheritence @ 2-1 [Bet Victor]

Yeah well done Maruco. I regularly play the short price multis but they've just not clicked so far this season. Hopefully my turn is around the corner...
I never bother with them in the first couple of months of the season Ben. This time of the season they've usually all had a run or two, or its an Irish novice that stands out on the previous season form, meaning you can find enough legs to be confident about to make the bet worthwhile. October and November too many are making their seasonal debuts and you never know how straight they are. December, January and February are the months to play the accumulators, before the Festivals kick in and they stop avoiding each other and it gets that bit harder to land them.

Last edited:
Thanks Maurice. You'd be surprised how many times these come in if you bide your time.

I don't usually post them as I suspect not many bother with them if the thread and posts I put up last year are anything to go by.

Leopardstown over Xmas is usually a good meeting for accas if anyone plays them.

Leopardstown at Xmas has been a happy hunting ground for me in the past with short priced multiples

Yes me too Viking. Although with all the Gigginstown horses being moved elsewhere it might look a little different this year. The last four or five years have been really good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back