What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each]

1.05 Ludlow-Westren Warrior @ 15-8 [Skybet]
1.20 Ffos Las-Court Challenge @ 43-20 [Betway]
1.35 Ludlow-Sizing Platinum @ 7-2 [Ladbrokes]
2.10 Ludlow-Tara View @ 13-8 [Skybet]:) @ 3-1
2.40 Ludlow-Fox Appeal @ 9-2 [Paddy Power]:)
2.50 Ffos Las-Dr Robin @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
3.30 Newcastle-Unnoticed @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
4.00 Newcastle-Gold Beau @ 5-1 [Bet 365]

Profit of 1.5pts

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.05 Bangor-Nail 'M @ 8-1 [Bet 365]
1.20 Chelmsford-Starboard @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
1.30 Wolverhampton-Binky Blue @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Chelmsford-Yasir @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
3.10 Bangor-Sutter's Mill @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
4.00 Wolverhampton-Cadeau Magnifique @ 7-2 [Race Bets]

Well done with that Henderson novice yesterday, Maruco. Westren Warrior ran like a 90 rated chaser, that couldn't jump a fence!

Interesting Placebacker is with Starboard today. Probably a jinx but I fancy it too, dropped to a really low rating.

3.40 Bangor

Polly's Pursuit 11/4 B365

A very well bred mare who is sure to have learned plenty from her debut last April. She is a half sister to the game and ultra consistent Polly Peachum and her dam is a sister of Denman. Yard in fine fettle at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't seem to buy a winner lately which is frustrating as hell, usually a good time of year for me. Keep plugging.

1.05 - Bangor - Millicent Silver. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.
Krakatoa King is still unexposed over marathon trips and further improvement this season looks likely. He heads the market and makes his debut who have a good record with such types but he has been well found and now looks plenty short enough. At a bigger price Millicent Silver is still in her embryonic stages as a Chaser over this sort of trip. She was an easy winner over C/D in heavy ground last March from a ten pound lower mark and followed that with a narrow win from a mark of 117 in soft ground over 26 furlongs at Newton Abbot. Reappearing in the Borders National over an extended four miles earlier this month she was in the process of running well when being brought down five out. She should strip fitter today and still looks weighted to take a hand on a mark of 119. The yard are still in form, have a profitable 23% strike rate here in recent seasons and Sam Twiston-Davies is back on board.

3.10 - Bangor - Kelsey. 1.5 pts win. Available at 13/2.
Sutters Mill ran well on his handicap debut at Ffos Las last time out and in the process suggested that further than 20 furlongs would suit. He gets that today over this extended 23 furlong distance and he looks likely to get very competitive. He has scope for plenty of improvement on just his sixth start but he still has to prove he stays this far, even if the indications are positive. Boher Lad has run well on his last two starts but he may have competition for the lead here and that could prove problematic. Preference is for Kelsey, who is tactically versatile. Back from a four month break he finished third after leading for much of the way over three miles at Ffos Las at the end of last month. That came on G/S ground but hisonly win to date came on soft ground over 19 furlongs at Towcester so underfoot conditions here shouldn't pose a problem. That victory came under a patient ride so he doesn't have to chase what looks likely to be a decent pace in this race. The Assessor has kindly dropped him a pound for his Ffos Las effort and he drops back to the grade from which he gained that sole win. This is just his fourth start for current connections.

3.50 - Chelmsford - Purple Belle. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

5.00 - Wolverhampton - Never To Be. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1.

Last edited:
Thought for all the world Yasir was coming to win at a canter at one stage. Traded very short in running. In the end the 11yr old king Olav held him quite comfortably. At 3lbs worse off than today Yasir hammered KO by 23L over same C&D 4 months ago, like what can you do!?!!
In fairness Placebacker, you called the race spot on imo, can't legislate for that!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

1.05 Bangor-Nail 'M @ 8-1 [Bet 365]
1.20 Chelmsford-Starboard @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]
1.30 Wolverhampton-Binky Blue @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Chelmsford-Yasir @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
3.10 Bangor-Sutter's Mill @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
4.00 Wolverhampton-Cadeau Magnifique @ 7-2 [Race Bets]

Loss of 6pts...three 2nds

Boxing Day's Selections:

1.50 - Wetherby - Henri Parry Morgan. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
Blaklion ran well when we supported him in the Hennessy and he is the class of this race. He carries topweight but it's hard to knock his Chase form in a nine race career and he could be hard to beat. Almost 20 lengths behind him in the Hennessy was Henri Parry Morgan and he will have to run much better if he is to close or overhaul that gap. However that was his first run for seven months and a couple of mistakes didn't help his cause. He showed progress form in three completed starts last season, including having Blaklion nearly four lengths behind him when finishing three lengths second to Native River at Aintree in April. He is five pounds better off with his rival here so his chances are by no means as bad as the Hennessy result would suggest. His best form over hurdles has come on soft ground but he had two victories over hurdles under much faster conditions so the going here is unlikely to be a concern. He can make mistakes, he is unseated his rider on two of his seven starts over fences, but if he can get round relatively unscathed he certainly has the ability to win from a mark of 148. The loss of Sean Bowen to Kempton is a blow but a more than capable three pound claimer has been booked by the yard. They send just the one to a track where they have been rare visitors in recent seasons.

2.15 - Wincanton - Ruacana. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.
Mr Mix looks the one to beat on his close fifth in the Totesport Silver Trophy at Chepstow but at a much bigger price it may be worth chancing Ruacana. He hasn't reached the heights in three starts for his current yard that he did for John Ferguson but he is still only seven so he has time on his side. We supported him last time out at Huntingdon and, although a twelve length fifth of seven doesn't appear to amount to much, his final finishing position was better than it reads. He looked likely to tail off at one point but he made some very encouraging late headway and he could be running back into form. Two miles round a flat fast track on good ground was probably sharp enough for him nowadays and today's step back up to an extended 21 furlongs could will be much more suitable. He was second in this race last season on similar ground and he can race off a nine pound lower mark this time round. He will need to better what he has produced so far for current connections but that last effort hinted that he may be capable of returning to something like his best. If he can then he is weighted to get very competitive for a yard who have a very profitable 16% strike rate here. On the downside the form of the stable is still a slight cause for concern.

2.25 - Wetherby - Bon Enfant. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.
Solomn Grundy did us a favour last time out and he looks likely to progress again. He could be difficult to beat but odds of around 5/2 don't appeal considering there are viable alternatives at bigger prices. Red Infantry, Lough Salt and Cracking Find are all lightly raced and capable of improving but preference is for Bon Enfant. He produced some decent form in competitive races last season, including a victory over this C/D in this month last year. His seventh of seventeen, beaten twelve lengths, at Sandown on his final start last season was a race which contained horses with solid handicap form and it came on ground quicker than ideal; he can race off three pounds lower in the weights here. He was well beaten on his return at Wincanton but he went well for a long way and a very bad stumble at the third last did for him. He is likely to strip fitter for this and he hails from a yard who normally make their trips to this track worth their while. In recent seasons they have a very profitable 39% strike rate here and it's not as though it's a small sample size ( 17 from 44). Bon Enfant wouldn't want the ground to dry out too much but at this point that doesn't look likely.

3.00 - Wetherby - Hoolywoodien. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2. (Nb)

3.45 - Kempton - Spiritofthegames. 2 pts win. Available at 7/1. (Nap)

Last edited:
10/11 with Skybet about the Storyteller lasted about 6 minutes before being snatched up, He was all over the winner when he fell on his last visit to the track and looks nailed on to make amends today.

If the The Greystoke jungle drums weren't being banged all week saying the Xmas money was going on Ping at Market Rasen a better price might have been available. Either Slim can hear them in Ireland or he's just a damn good judge LOL

However Ladbrokes are going 4/1 1/4 the odds and as everyone and their uncles seem to know he's fancied I am taking the safest route and backing him EW.

A lotta people are going to have Yanworth and Min double up...........hate to be awkward but I strongly fancy The New One and Identity Thief. J

No need to go into details but a bet on each only one needs to win to show a nice profit and a couple of bob on the double @ iust over 15/2 with Paddy Power

Last edited:
Good luck all

12.00 Sedgefield-Working Title @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
12.15 Huntingdon-River Of Intrigue @ 4-1 [Boylesports]
1.00 Wolverhampton-Heart Locket @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
2.35 Wolverhampton-Los Cerritos @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
3.45 Wolverhampton-Mythical Madness @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]

Big day's betting today.

King George: I have Tea for Two each way 3 places at 33/1 and place only (also 3 places) at 5.2 on the machine. I'd be gutted if I don't collect here. And I don't think the win part of my ew bet is without hope. I wonder if the Haydock race might have left a mark on Cue Card given the ground and of course his strike rate in this race isn't great. Thistlecrack, who knows what will happen with this horse.

Feltham: Managed to get 8/1 on Anibale Fly earlier in the week. I thought the Drinmore was a good race and have backed ADO for the RSA on the back of it. Frodon is feared and I have covered on him in a small single and a double with Identity Thief at Leopardstown.

Wetherby: I've backed Tobacco Road and Definitly Red in an each way double. The former ran well enough behind Peruvian Bleu last time out and that horse (A Nick Williams inmate I've followed throughout his career) ran well in his next race off of an 8lb higher mark. TR is effectively 3lbs higher when you take his rider's claim off and should be placed at least in a poor enough race. Definitly Red on the other hand runs in a really good looking Roland Merrick. He's run well her before and I think he's well handicapped. That said he needs to improve his jumping, was poor last time out. For that reason and the strength of opposition I cannot feature having a single on him.

Big day's betting today.

King George: I have Tea for Two each way 3 places at 33/1 and place only (also 3 places) at 5.2 on the machine. I'd be gutted if I don't collect here. And I don't think the win part of my ew bet is without hope. I wonder if the Haydock race might have left a mark on Cue Card given the ground and of course his strike rate in this race isn't great. Thistlecrack, who knows what will happen with this horse.

3 places in a 5 runner race?

3 places in a 5 runner race?

Books would have quoted 3 places on the KG for ante post purposes until fairly recently and will pay out on those terms however many end up running. I'm also on T4T at 33/1 ew thanks to Euro mentioning it a while back but confidence has waned somewhat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why has your confidence wane? I can't see how he doesn't place if he completes. Josses Hill has had an easy time in front the last two times, he won't have that luxury today and the trip is a massive question mark. I see Conti as more of a danger for that third spot (if we presume the two Tizzard's finish 1/2, not a certainty by any means.)

Last edited:
Good luck all

12.00 Sedgefield-Working Title @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]:)
12.15 Huntingdon-River Of Intrigue @ 4-1 [Boylesports]
1.00 Wolverhampton-Heart Locket @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
2.35 Wolverhampton-Los Cerritos @ 13-2 [Bet Bright]
3.45 Wolverhampton-Mythical Madness @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]

Profit of 2.5pts

My bets [1pt win on each]

1.05 Wolverhampton-Richter Scale @ 9-2 [Paddy Power]
1.10 Kempton-Morello Royale @ 7-1 [Stan James]
1.30 Wetherby-Two Smokin Barrels @ 15-8 [Paddy Power]
2.05 Wetherby-Fixed Rate @ 7-2 [Ladbrokes]
2.15 Wolverhampton-Makaarim @ 11-4 [Bet Victor]
3.05 Wetherby-Arthur's Oak @ 13-2 [Bet Victor]
3.30 Kempton-Opening Batsman @ 8-1 [William Hill]
4.30 Wolverhampton-Tasaaboq @ 7-4 [Bet 365]

Hoping for a better day today, yesterday hurt. I've done Dolores Delightful in the handicap hurdle at Kempers and Vicente each way for five places in the Welsh Nash. Ground will suit, Hennessy run last time out forgiven as it was his first outing of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back