What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each]

11.45 Southwell-Fern Owl @ 3-1 [Ladbrokes]:)
12.00 Kelso-Blakerigg @ 3-1 [Ladbrokes]
12.25 Doncaster-Valseur Du Granval @ 5-2 [Stan James]
12.55 Doncaster-Work @ 13-8 [Paddy Power]
1.50 Southwell-Golden Opportunity @ 5-4 [Skybet]
2.40 Doncaster-Trustan Times @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]
2.45 Kelso-Just Georgie @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
3.40 Doncaster-Awesome Rosie @ 6-1 [Ladbrokes]

Loss of 4pts

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.40 Haydock-The Artful Cobbler @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
12.50 Newcastle-Zamjar @ 2-1 [Race Bets]
1.30 Taunton-Song Of The Night @ 7-2 [William Hill]
1.50 Newcastle-Isharah @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]
2.00 Taunton-Dashing Oscar @ 15-8 [Betfair Sports]
2.30 Taunton-Play The Ace @ 9-2 [Skybet]
3.10 Haydock-Global Stage @ 9-2 [Race Bets]
3.20 Newcastle-Swansway @ 7-2 [Skybet]
3.50 Newcastle-Hernando Torres @ 13-2 [Ladbrokes]

I don't understand how it's off. I'm 20 miles away and it's mild, maybe 8 degrees. Gutted as I was gonna go today as BUV and Aubusson were declared.

Forgot to post earlier, first one has placed.

Ami Debois was a non runner yesterday and none of our other selections gave us a return. Turtle Watch found one too good but, in all honesty, he was well beaten.

Today's Selections:

1.00 - Taunton - Camron De Chaillac. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
A few of these come into this race on the back of good efforts but it may pay to take a chance on Camron De Chaillac who makes his handicap debut after improving from race to race in three Maiden/Novice races. He was well beaten on his first two starts but he got closer last time out over two miles at Chepstow. He eventually finished fifth of nine, beaten eight lengths, but he was considerately handled and suggested that this step back up in trip would suit. He will need to improve to get competitive from his opening mark of 107 but that last start gave very indication that he will. All three starts over hurdles have come on good ground so underfoot conditions here will be no problem. The likely strong pace should also suit a horse who has been held up in races so far.

1.20 - Newcastle - Amazour. 2.5 pts win. Available at 3/1.
Amazour was beaten into sixth as favourite at Kempton last time out but he caught the eye running on well in the latter stages after not being well positioned turning for home. He was a C/D winner back in June from a four pound lower mark and he has done enough on his last two starts on the polytrack to think he can still be very competitive. He has a good three pound Claimer in the saddle today and he could be well drawn in stall 4 with plenty of pace nearby to tow him into the race. The yard send just the one to the track from their Newcastle base and it's unlikely he is just there to enjoy a day out.

3.30 - Taunton - Minellacelebration. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

4.10 - Taunton - Chief Brody. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.

Forgot to post earlier, first one has placed.

Ami Debois was a non runner yesterday and none of our other selections gave us a return. Turtle Watch found one too good but, in all honesty, he was well beaten.

Today's Selections:

1.00 - Taunton - Camron De Chaillac. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
A few of these come into this race on the back of good efforts but it may pay to take a chance on Camron De Chaillac who makes his handicap debut after improving from race to race in three Maiden/Novice races. He was well beaten on his first two starts but he got closer last time out over two miles at Chepstow. He eventually finished fifth of nine, beaten eight lengths, but he was considerately handled and suggested that this step back up in trip would suit. He will need to improve to get competitive from his opening mark of 107 but that last start gave very indication that he will. All three starts over hurdles have come on good ground so underfoot conditions here will be no problem. The likely strong pace should also suit a horse who has been held up in races so far.

1.20 - Newcastle - Amazour. 2.5 pts win. Available at 3/1.
Amazour was beaten into sixth as favourite at Kempton last time out but he caught the eye running on well in the latter stages after not being well positioned turning for home. He was a C/D winner back in June from a four pound lower mark and he has done enough on his last two starts on the polytrack to think he can still be very competitive. He has a good three pound Claimer in the saddle today and he could be well drawn in stall 4 with plenty of pace nearby to tow him into the race. The yard send just the one to the track from their Newcastle base and it's unlikely he is just there to enjoy a day out.

3.30 - Taunton - Minellacelebration. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

4.10 - Taunton - Chief Brody. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.

One winner and all placed. Did the e/w Acca so good end to the year.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.40 Haydock-The Artful Cobbler @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]Ab
12.50 Newcastle-Zamjar @ 2-1 [Race Bets] :)@ 10-3
1.30 Taunton-Song Of The Night @ 7-2 [William Hill]
1.50 Newcastle-Isharah @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]:)
2.00 Taunton-Dashing Oscar @ 15-8 [Betfair Sports]
2.30 Taunton-Play The Ace @ 9-2 [Skybet]
3.10 Haydock-Global Stage @ 9-2 [Race Bets]Ab
3.20 Newcastle-Swansway @ 7-2 [Skybet]:)
3.50 Newcastle-Hernando Torres @ 13-2 [Ladbrokes]

Profit of 5.33pts

Mogestic E/W 2:10 Warwick....clipped in from 33's on the early shows, to around 20/1 as I type.
There still could be some value (or mileage) in that price. I reckon he could go shorter over night.
A course and distance winner, certainly lightly enough raced to put a couple of shite runs behind him after a decent six week absence.

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each]

12.40 Newbury-Valhalla @ 7-1 [Coral]
1.40 Uttoxeter-Run Ructions Run @ 7-1 [Stan James]
1.50 Newbury-Elegant Escape @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
2.15 Uttoxeter-Tanarpino @ 7-1 [Bet Bright]
2.40 Lingfield-Natural Scenery @ 15-8 [Race Bets]
3.15 Lingfield-Born To Finish @ 8-1 [Bet Victor]
3.45 Lingfield-Roy's Legacy @ 11-2 [Bet 365]

Yesterday finished in profit with Azamour winning at Newcastle and Camron De Chaillac and Chief Brody both returning place money at Taunton. Minellacelebration finished an honourable third at the same track, beaten just under six lengths.

Today's Selections:

12.40 - Newbury - Aurillac. 2.5 pts win. Available at 5/1. (Nb)
Being a Novices' Handicap Chase several of these have plenty of upside. He may not have been the best of these over hurdles but Aurillac has not done much wrong in three starts over fences, even if he hasn't yet got his head in front. He has seen the backside of the progressive Beware The Bear on the last two occasions but that horse is highly regarded by his top stable so those efforts should be seen in a very positive light. He had Lessons In Milan six lengths away in third last time out over a furlong further here and, although he had the advantage of a previous run and is two pounds worse off today, he is taken to confirm the form. The yard had a disappointing time of it by their standards last season but things are looking brighter so far in this campaign, even if winners this month have been harder to come by. The booking of Wayne Hutchinson is a bonus and, although Aurillac is now two pounds above his hurdling mark, he promises to be much better over fences. He was a useful Bumper horse and Good or G/S ground seems to suit, so conditions here should be ideal.

1.15 - Newbury - Blameitalonmyroots. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.
Favourite, Yanmare, is improving at a rate of knots but he is in much deeper here and could be worth taking on. Preference of the others is for the Mare, Blameitalonmyroots. A winner of two of her five Chases as a Novice last season she was hampered and unseated her rider when going off favourite for a better race than this at Uttoxeter last March. She disappointed on her only subsequent start last season but an extended 28 furlongs in soft ground at Plumpton may have been a stamina test too far. Most of her form has been on soft to heavy ground but she ran well the only time she encountered good ground and her reappearance on G/S ground at Ascot last month was very encouraging. She was eventually beaten by just under eight lengths into third by the progressive Minella Daddy but would probably have finished second but for an awkward jump at the last. She looks the type who will leave her current mark well behind at some point and she's in the hands of a yard who know all about producing very good/top class Chasers.

1.40 - Uttoxeter - Benny's King. 2.5 pts win. Available at 5/1. (Nap)
Many horses would come with a wealth warning if they had finished second on their last four starts but this is just the sixth start for Benny's King and there doesn't seem much wrong with his application. He was second, beaten three lengths, over two miles at Ffos Las on his reappearance earlier this month and runs from just a one pound higher mark here. The step back up to an extended 19 furlongs on soft ground will provide him with his stiffest stamina test to date but both his breeding and running style suggests that is what he wants. He is the type his stable typically do well with and if he continues on his upward curve here he should get very competitive.

2.10 - Warwick - Quinto. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.

2.15 - Uttoxeter - Tanarpino. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

14:10 Warwick - Giveitachance e/w

(Sporting bet for New Year's Eve! Might do better on the softer ground than he encountered LTO? Took the 14/1 generally available).

Last edited:
12.40 - Newbury - Aurillac. 2.5 pts win. Available at 5/1. (Nb)
Being a Novices' Handicap Chase several of these have plenty of upside. He may not have been the best of these over hurdles but Aurillac has not done much wrong in three starts over fences, even if he hasn't yet got his head in front. He has seen the backside of the progressive Beware The Bear on the last two occasions but that horse is highly regarded by his top stable so those efforts should be seen in a very positive light. He had Lessons In Milan six lengths away in third last time out over a furlong further here and, although he had the advantage of a previous run and is two pounds worse off today, he is taken to confirm the form. The yard had a disappointing time of it by their standards last season but things are looking brighter so far in this campaign, even if winners this month have been harder to come by. The booking of Wayne Hutchinson is a bonus and, although Aurillac is now two pounds above his hurdling mark, he promises to be much better over fences. He was a useful Bumper horse and Good or G/S ground seems to suit, so conditions here should be ideal.

I tell you what, the theme of this Jumps season for me has been getting it in on horses who end up being the best in the race and not collecting a ******* bean. This one, Kylemore Lough, Sizing Platinum, Petit Mouchoir. I mean, you might get the odd reverse in this style on the flat but not this many. Did Wayne really need to switch him?

I tell you what, the theme of this Jumps season for me has been getting it in on horses who end up being the best in the race and not collecting a ******* bean. This one, Kylemore Lough, Sizing Platinum, Petit Mouchoir. I mean, you might get the odd reverse in this style on the flat but not this many. Did Wayne really need to switch him?

Not sure he did. Very unlucky.

I've had Eduard & Onenightinvienna in the last couple of weeks. I'm a bit reluctant to back one again for the sake of the animal.

Yours second Bolero, mine fourth, must do better!

I reckon anyone having a wager tomorrow needs to respect the form of the race Trans Express won a fortnight ago at Exeter. Trans Express for Sue Gardiner must be one of the best handicapped hurdlers in training off 111 at the moment.

He had Rocklander, Lord Of The Island & Space Oddity back in 2rd, 3rd and 4th. I expect those horses to frank the form of the Trans Island race (although I haven't had time to fully look at their respective races tomorrow).

The collateral form all adds up to producing more winners in future, imho. If anyone disagrees or has anything to offer about my opinion please feel free to say so.

Last edited:
Not sure he did. Very unlucky.

I've had Eduard & Onenightinvienna in the last couple of weeks. I'm a bit reluctant to back one again for the sake of the animal.

I had a ten to follow list like that one year - I think I finished the competiton with four horses :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clan Des Obeaux jumped like an old hand at Newbury and received massive praise from the presenters having won the same race as Denman did as young horse.

PN said right after the race he always knew he was good........He looks the part but the race for me was a bit of a non event with the other 2 fancied runners beating themselves with sloppy jumping.

Clan Des Obeaux is a beautiful jumper and he may become top class one day but Whisper 0/30 is a much more experience individual with a touch of class looks good value.

Also taking a chance with Camping Ground 6/1EW He was travelling really well last time and looking like his old self when he fell over fences.

Some showers are forecast so hopefully there will be some cut in the ground but no guarantees hence the EW bet.

Happy punting for 2017 to all

Ballyoisin makes its long awaited return today at fairyhouse. Could be anything. Hard to know if it's off or not. Il take a chance and find out. Looked very good last year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

My Lucky 15 for the day

1300 Cat - Helium
1445 Cat - Discoverie
1315 Exe - Far West
1525 Mus - Smart Ruler

Yesterday finished in profit when Benny's King was successful at Uttoxeter. Aurillac was a narrow (and possibly unlucky) loser at Newbury.

No time for analysis today.

Today's Selections:

12.50 - Cheltenham - Doctor Harper. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

1.40 - Musselburgh - Cold March. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

2.00 - Cheltenham - Quite By Chance. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

2.50 - Musselburgh - Captain Brown. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

2.35 - Cheltenham - Whataknight. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

3.30 - Exeter - Bertie Boru. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.

Last edited:
I'm going through a lean spell right now so confidence in these is not exactly sky high:

Cheltenham
1 pt win Coo Star Sivola 9/2
1 pt win Arpege D’Alene 3/1; ½ pt ew Samingarry 66/1
1 pt win Village Vic 4/1
1 pt win Zeroshadesofgrey 10/1; ½ pt win Rolling Maul 18/1

Musselburgh
1 pt win Runswick Royal 10/1
1 pt win My Manekineko 7/1

I’ll maybe play about with multiples to throwaway stakes.

He had Rocklander, Lord Of The Island & Space Oddity back in 2rd, 3rd and 4th. I expect those horses to frank the form of the Trans Island race (although I haven't had time to fully look at their respective races tomorrow).

Rocklander now favourite after Jonjo's horse Call To Order taken out. I wanted to see them against each other, so a bit of a shame, but definitely makes it easier for Rocklander.

Unbelievable start to the year, I've backed three horses all towards the head of the market; Pain Au Chocolat, Vyta Du Roc and Quite By Chance and none of them went a yard.

Sorry Marble but I've got Rocklander in the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back