What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.25 Wolvs. Mataajir is best bet for me today..this is an extremely weak race and the extra distance is no problem here looking at the pedigree...on my figures has got lots in hand...2.78 is massive...should be odds on imo

I think Double Expresso will bomb out as well..I could actually see Fulgora winning it..but as DE is now trading at 2/1 i'll just lay it..needs further on top of having bugger all in hand of at least 3 of these

Great call :)

;)

pity about the nap

Laying Henry Clay in the 4.55..ridiculously short at 2.08..will need further than this and has two serious opponents

Last edited:
as soon as it led at that speed i knew i'd lost..he's a bugger with these types that need further

having a speculative win/place bet on Gone To Ground in the last..massive price and been dicked about with in maidens

2.40 Leicester - Share Option also looks value at 14.0
3.10 Leicester - Valid Point looks value to me in the 3.10..13.5 is massive

2 specualtive wagers

Last edited:
2.40 Leicester - Share Option also looks value at 14.0
3.10 Leicester - Valid Point looks value to me in the 3.10..13.5 is massive

2 specualtive wagers

Unlucky not to bring up the double VP just run out of it late. Thought he had them all beat after the 2nd last.. good stuff EC

Tony Carroll's wee horse - underway now, so more best of luck - yeeehaaaa!!! And at eights! You've paid for Christmas, haven't you?

Last edited:
Brilliant again - it did beat Chookie, but not Podgie! Hope you eachwayed yourself with that, ducks. What a day! Go for a nice lie-down now, you've earned it!

Now that I'm in funds, a day later than I shoulda been paid, I am going to either find my way into a better bank balance, or total and utter penury, EC. It's up to you and Gigilo now, to keep an old woman out of the workhouse!

Stunning performance today, EC. I think you'll be under a 14lbs penalty next time out.

Now that I'm in funds, a day later than I shoulda been paid, I am going to either find my way into a better bank balance, or total and utter penury, EC. It's up to you and Gigilo now, to keep an old woman out of the workhouse!

Stunning performance today, EC. I think you'll be under a 14lbs penalty next time out.

yes will probably have to a month with no winners ;)

Kempton 5. 15 Island Legend @ 9/1 ( Hills BOG) lay back in running @ 2.12 & 1.41

Not sure if I've managed to get the right price, but at least the BOG offer will compenstae any serious drift, as it's not really a stable that attracts any market support.

Looks like he has a class barrier to contend with, plus he could set the race up for his stablemate Volcanic Dust and the likes of Earlsmedic.

Bradley is not a trainer I normally back but the horse does have early pace and should be able to dictate from stall 4, even though he will get pressure from Best Trip and possibly Cadeaux Pearl.

Since Island Legend has been running in the 70-79 bracket and drawn 1-4 at the track, he's won on both attempts, both Class 5 contests.

The last win was off 2lb lower with a stumbled start so he really should be in contention off a 2lb higher mark, as long as he does over do the early fractions.

Best Trip may well be a spoiler, as he does have early speed, but he's drawn in 10. I'm not a fan on Harley on front runners either although it would be no great surprise to see Norton taking over now he has not got a ride.

Cadeaux Pearl has early pace, but the jockey booking ( poor over sprints on a turn from limited evidence) again does not inspire confidence and it's his 1st attempt around this 5f on a turn. Although the stable are in decent form, he looks possible place lay material, if around2.0 or less mark.

Earlsmedic does have solid C4 form but he looks best at 6f. He finished in front of Island Legend two runs back, but IL was drawn out wide and is better drawn and 3lb better off. he looks certain to trade bigger in running, but to what kind of volume ?
He ran an excellent race last Friday when weak in the market, finishing 2nd in a photo. Runs off 74 again, having won three times in the 80's, but it may be a case of tackling the wrong trip before he goes up next week. He does have an entry at Wolver over 6f on Friday, which is always a positive for me, especially with this horse who can run up a sequence inside a short time frame.

Sir Geoffrey looks out of form even if trainer is flying and he looks on a h/capping mission ready for Southwell.

Kylladdie's trainer is also in form and the fast run 5f should be ok, his race could be over from stall 11.

Volcanic Dust @ 16/1 would be interesting on his last run at the track but his last run was dire;
Liam Keniry, the rider of VOLCANIC DUST (IRE), unplaced, reported that the filly stopped very quickly.

Diamond Charlie still looks on winning mark, but although impressive lto, the race cut up and his outside draw was only stall 7. There is a chance the combination of wide draw and faster early pace will leave him too much to do late on, but his turf form behind Living It Large reads well in the context of this race.

Titus Gent is 0/7 at the track and all winning form is over 6f.

Desert Strike does get his fair share of wins but I'm not certain his claiming win a few days ago was on the agenda and he carries a 6lb penalty as a result. At single figures, he looks opposable for a horse who looks unlikely to bag back to back wins, especially off this kind of mark.

West Coast Dream initially looks one to dismiss on trip issue. However, he looks worth a look with a view to the future. Quite an expensive purchase for the stable, gauging his trip is hard (7f?), but he ran with credit in a decent sprint at Leicester and progeny go well on the surface. Unlikely to have the early pace, he's worth watching with Wolverhampton in mind.

Competitive race, were Earlsmedic with three wins in the 80's, off the back of an excellent run, off 74 and previous profile, looks sure to attract significant support. My view is he will drift through the day and attract late money. Conspiracy theorists ( **** I sound like Bruce) might claim he could well be withdrawn after the decs for the Friday race are known, but I'm not sure the trainer could get away with it, without using a sc. At the current price, I'm happy to oppose on the trip issue and go with a less sexy horse.

Lay backs in place on Island Legend, if he gets involved in a fight over the first 3 furlongs and sets it up for the hold ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back