What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going with my old pal Nickyto win yet another novice hurdle at around 5/4 as I write.

I had a good long look at both Barenger and Theology on video. Looked like twins to me but I was pissed last night.

Anyway Steve Gollings paid 125,000 guineas for Theogy or at least his wife did probably when he wasn't looking. He's got some real good place form to his name and could do well at this game but two things worry me.

He has never run on ground worse than good and as far as I can make out he was entered for here and nowhere else. He was rested when arriving at the yard and as far as I know has been back in training since November but this is like let's just get a run into him and we'll go from there when the ground gets better.

Just guesswork but if I'm right it should make this a bit of a steering job for Barenger and even if I am wrong Theology still has to beat him.

Bargenger 5/4 could be very big should Theology drift.

just to see if its time to pack in for the day..if you can't pick the winner of a two horse race..its time;)

I can't see Loose Performer beating Edge of Town in the 2.15..think the betting is wrong way round...LP has been well beat when fav on this sort of ground..EOT should be fav here...2.64 should be pinching money

Have gotten stuck into Its The Ice I Like at 4/6 trying to get my stake back from Caolanoein in the first at Fairyhouse. The usually brilliant Andrew Lynch thought he had more under him than he actually had. Carberry was very good on the winner. This thing has to win.

3.55 Donc This Is Me

I really fancy this fella today, bred to win bumpers. Cost 30k as a yearling, I expect my favourite trainer (Don Cantillon) to have this tuned up today with a view to a private sale in the coming weeks. Fehily's only ride on the card, top jockey. They are the reasons I fancy it and have invested heavily trying to get back the Christmas expenses.

I'm having a go on Cats Eyes in the 5.45

Dark Castle's form isn't working out that well..way too short

Mister Mckenzie is already a beaten fav in his short life..not bothered about this one

Cowell's recent from is amazing 3/5..nearly 4 from 5..Cats Eyes is well drawn..and has little to beat here

Had a quick look at tomorrow's Yorkshire National seeing as a number of firms have priced it up overnight and there are two that stand out to me as being good value - one a winner last time out and the other returning to a trip that looks likely to suit.

Dermatologiste - Looked a thorough stayer in points for Gerald Bailey last season and returned to rules racing at Bangor over 3 1/2m when transferred to their rules yard (run by Gerald's wife Caroline). She never set the world alight in her previous guise as a novice hurdler but given she's not always the most fluent of jumpers she may be more of an IR betting proposition as she was off the bridle at a number of stages during the Bangor affair and with the front two pulling well clear there's reason to expect there's more to come from this mare particularly given ground conditions and her light weight. Dermatologiste is available at 15/2 at the moment but is likely to trade a fair bit higher IR IMO.

Posh Bird - Ex-Irish mare who's been running well since moving to Peter Niven's yard from Ian Ferguson during the Summer. Her best run last season was over todays trip at Downpatrick in the Ulster National in March since then she's run well off similar marks to this in handicap chases at around 3m and on this ground. IMO she'll be better when stepped back up to this trip and given her previous good runs on this ground, the trip and her running style (generally races handy) and her light weight I think she's worth dutching with Dermatologiste tomorrow. She's available at 12/1 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back