What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fancy Marie Deja La in 3:50 to go close at a price - big turn around in the weights with Drawn Free and had good form on heavy in France

6.00 Kempton is a dire contest..but there looks a good opportunity imo..the favSpartilla has to have big ? at this trip as does Meet Joe Black.

Graylyn Olivia is just the opposite..Eddery looks to have done a bit of a Prescott in that it was actually dropped back to 6f once..11f should see big improvement. Hasn't been running in superb maidens..but not been in rubbish either..

has bugger all to beat here in a stamina test

Ling 2.20 Mallusk is my only bet today,in fact i backed it yesturday evening at 4/1 but at time of posting 7/2 still available.I can make him a winner at the weights from lto and the booking of decent 7lb claimer C.Green is interesting.I think the course will suit and the animal is proven on the hy ground.

My real concern is will this race come to soon ? what i have figured is just about worth the risk at the odds.

Meydan 5.00 Anaerobio – not run for over a year but working like a machine, I'm told - nice e/way at 6/1 (Laddys)for me. Good luck if you play.

Wolver 4.40 Wild Sauce place lay ( Subject no no further n/r's). Curent lay price 1.49

Could be a dodgy bet, but my notes have her down as nervy and possible short runner, so I was surprised to see her entered in a 6f maiden, unless the intention is to get a h/cap mark. The sire stats for 6f for this time of year were worringly very good although the 5f stat is outstanding.

The other issue I had is why Tom Eaves is not riding, either stable fancy it and won't let Eaves carry 1/2lb over, or he's not fancied and on a h/capping exercise, with Sullivan booked. I'm guessing on the latter.

Another possible problem is Sullivan may have to attempt to chase the pace anyway from stall 1, or risk coming around the outside, which would be a concern if there is an actually stamina issue.

I'm not committing to the lay until I'm certain there will be no more non runners, as there are already three n/r's and with traffic problems, there may be more, which would make it a no bet, as the opposition is thin on the ground.

Marcus Argustus initially looks one to oppose, moving from Hannon to Osborne for only 6k, but sire does well on surafce, his best runs have come when fresh and he may win running below his best anyway.

Well done sir, never in doubt. Shocking stuff really, definitely not off today.

Thanks.

Averaged 1.36, but there was a slight downside with William Carson winning on the Stuart Williams runner.

He's my favourite jockey of the moment and I actually took the time to check the stables maiden stats, which were better than I perceived.

Decided to pass over at 12/1 this morning and failed to notice he was 39.7 on betfair sp, as I was looking at the place market.

6:45 Wolves Our Princess Elle. Have a cousin called Elle lol.

Last edited:
Ling 2.50 Lucky Diva - Place lay

Comes under "what I'm not backing" and I'm not totally certain what kind of price this will be (3/1 in the win market), but I do think there are reasons for taking her on.

Best winning form was with "firm" in the description and last run on polytrack was over half a mile further.

Although this race has only 6 runners, small fields at Lingfield with inexperienced jocks in poor form are worth taking on.

I don't want to knock a man when he's down but Jake Payne has been poor recently and it is really his lack of recent form that makes him a place lay.

He is 0/25 at Lingfield, 0/20 at Kempton and 3/ 35 at Wolver and 0/21 at Southwell, but the stats are skewed with an awful lot of donkeys in those stats. Conversely his strike rate at Lingfield for placed runners is excellent, so there is a contradiction with the bet, but the stats are limited and I'm happy to go with my personal view of the jockey, price permitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back