What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These look pretty solid at Huntingdon

1.20-Free Speech
1.50-Ericht
2.20-Problema Tic
2.50-Unwanted Gift

Posted Wednesday night on trainers website. - Musselburgh bumper.

Harris Garden seemed to 'freeze' for some reason on his debut at Doncaster, as we could not see him finishing out of the first four that day. Denis O'Regan said immediately after that race that he'd win next time and the horse seems to have thrived since. We did have an 'alarm' with a tiny foot problem a couple of days ago, but my head-lad Trevor Heath and blacksmith Jason Tysoe looked to have sorted that, as Harris Garden moved beautifully this morning and trotted up fresh and well on arrival in Scotland tonight.

11-8 shots in Dundalk maidens seem a pretty efficient method of getting to the poorhouse. I've backed it nevertheless - good luck lads.

Had a look at the Novices Handicap Chase at Kempton tomorrow and very interested in Ian Williams whacking the tongue tie on a horse I've been following since seeing him at Lingfield last year - Croan Rock. He always seems to travel well enough in his races but then finds precious little when push comes to shove and weakens quite rapidly suggesting to me that there is something amiss with the horses breathing. The tongue tie should hopefully rectify this and this Irish point winner who showed plenty of promise under rules on his second start when falling three out and on a sound surface (which he'll get tomorrow) since is stepped up to 3m for the first time under rules tomorrow. He has the very capable Dougie Costello in the saddle and having been running well last time out prior to clouting the third last and going out like a light (again) has been dropped 3lbs to a mark of 110 which IMO could prove quite lenient. Ian Williams is in good form at the moment and he's currently available at 12/1 which is well worth taking getting weight from a few horses with doubts about them, a couple of firms have already cut the horse but I think 12/1 with Stan James is well worth taking upped in trip :)

Martin

Had a look at the Novices Handicap Chase at Kempton tomorrow and very interested in Ian Williams whacking the tongue tie on a horse I've been following since seeing him at Lingfield last year - Croan Rock. He always seems to travel well enough in his races but then finds precious little when push comes to shove and weakens quite rapidly suggesting to me that there is something amiss with the horses breathing. The tongue tie should hopefully rectify this and this Irish point winner who showed plenty of promise under rules on his second start when falling three out and on a sound surface (which he'll get tomorrow) since is stepped up to 3m for the first time under rules tomorrow. He has the very capable Dougie Costello in the saddle and having been running well last time out prior to clouting the third last and going out like a light (again) has been dropped 3lbs to a mark of 110 which IMO could prove quite lenient. Ian Williams is in good form at the moment and he's currently available at 12/1 which is well worth taking getting weight from a few horses with doubts about them, a couple of firms have already cut the horse but I think 12/1 with Stan James is well worth taking upped in trip :)

Martin

I respect your opinion and appreciate the efforts you make to back up your selections but you do realise my attention span is like two sentences?

Not when they should be 4/7...

I'd be afraid of Aragorn Rouge Slim..trainer had two entered and leaves this one in..will appreciate the step back in trip...has better form....a more costly horse than yours and is better drawn..stable in form..looks the winner to me

if you have had info for the other one..then i'm probably wrong

good luck anyway

Last edited:
I'd be afraid of Aragorn Rouge Slim..trainer had two entered and leaves this one in..will appreciate the step back in trip...has better form....a more costly horse than yours and is better drawn..stable in form..looks the winner to me

good luck anyway

Jockey is a very good judge of form and thinks this one is good enough to beat the 2nd fav. He got it very wrong on a 2yo lately but overall I'd follow him off a cliff.

good luck anyway

In that case on a line through Elusive Express and Elwazeer, then Heroine Chic should be in the mix. :ninja: :D

Last edited:
Oh yes they do

Thanks Grey! The problem is losing my own money doesn't bother me (after 30 mins according up Bar The Bull) but I hate putting people into a loser and the winners never balance that in my mind.

Thanks Grey! The problem is losing my own money doesn't bother me (after 30 mins according up Bar The Bull) but I hate putting people into a loser and the winners never balance that in my mind.

I know where your coming from. If its any consolation, Id have lost it on something else....

I was up a few quid myself today del. It was like being on a break of 64 around the black spot in snooker going for a 147 and losing the frame!

I was up a few quid myself today del. It was like being on a break of 64 around the black spot in snooker going for a 147 and losing the frame!

I've actually done that exact thing - missed the black on 65 and lost on a respot - had to give 14 point handicap, but I was still looking for ropes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back