What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fakenham 3:55 - BISOUBISOU

7/1..Win & Place

Track conditions at present are soft, hopefully the meeting goes ahead. There's plenty of snow all over the country. Trainer Olly Murphy runs two here. The first one is Flow With Eve, but I'll pass her over, as she's been off the track since last April. She carries a big weight which is not ideal in heavy ground. The second Olly Murphy trained horse is definitely appealing though at 7/1. BISOUBISOU is the horse in question. She receives a lot of weight. Fergus Gregory takes off six pounds which I'm happy with. He's ridden two winners from four rides the last week, (both wins coming for trainer Olly Murphy).

Bisoubisou improved when fourth last time at Market Rasen when having her first go at handicap hurdle company. She was stepped up to two miles four furlongs this day, on similar soft-ground that's forecast. My reasons for liking her are that her jockey is bang in form. The mare receives weight from the big guns. She gets the same conditions as when she showed the improvement the last day. 7/1 is a fair price. She could be an each way bet too, although early-indications show the price is already getting shorter.

A 6/4 chance and it's not even lunchtime yet!!!

Hopefully she obliges. :)

Last edited:
Fakenham 3:55 - BISOUBISOU

7/1..Win & Place

Track conditions at present are soft, hopefully the meeting goes ahead. There's plenty of snow all over the country. Trainer Olly Murphy runs two here. The first one is Flow With Eve, but I'll pass her over, as she's been off the track since last April. She carries a big weight which is not ideal in heavy ground. The second Olly Murphy trained horse is definitely appealing though at 7/1. BISOUBISOU is the horse in question. She receives a lot of weight. Fergus Gregory takes off six pounds which I'm happy with. He's ridden two winners from four rides the last week, (both wins coming for trainer Olly Murphy).

Bisoubisou improved when fourth last time at Market Rasen when having her first go at handicap hurdle company. She was stepped up to two miles four furlongs this day, on similar soft-ground that's forecast. My reasons for liking her are that her jockey is bang in form. The mare receives weight from the big guns. She gets the same conditions as when she showed the improvement the last day. 7/1 is a fair price. She could be an each way bet too, although early-indications show the price is already getting shorter.

:adore:

Island Brave(6.20W) ran a career best in a truly run c/d race 2 ago, and both 2nd & 3rd have gone on to win subsequently.
Didn't stay a steadily run 2m at Lingfield latest (took it up 4f out in a sprint finish and caught by 2 proven stayers) and the general 4/1 looks very inviting.

:adore:

What an amazing thread. Superb stuff guys. Between this and the long shot thread recently enough good shouts to going racing costs for for the year.

Brilliantly done all of you!

Cheers lads. Well done Reet. :).

I mentioned on Betfair Hurdle Thread...that Spice Girl was behind the very talented horse and Betfair Hurdle Favourite Lalor the last day. Spice Girl under Dickie Johnson will be a hard -nut to crack in Leicesters 2:05. It's not rocket science, I'm suggesting that Spice Girl is a horse for any doubles or trebles tomorrow.

In the 1:45 at Wetherby, BANDOL, (Win and place), is the best bet on the card. This is the type of horse who can win a race after falling or unseating the time before, so don't be put off by recent form figures. He likes heavy going, has won several times off similar marks, and is coming back from a short break. This isn't necessarily always a good sign, but for a horse like Bandol, it could be what it takes..... to see him put his best foot forward again. He races with an 8lb lower hurdles mark compared to chase mark.

Last edited:
I have to back Purple Harry today; if the Purple Harry I saw win at Kelso turns up they won't see which way he went, but it's a big 'if'. And I always back Adams rides anyway...

Cheers lads. Well done Reet. :).

I mentioned on Betfair Hurdle Thread...that Spice Girl was behind the very talented horse and Betfair Hurdle Favourite Lalor the last day. Spice Girl under Dickie Johnson will be a hard -nut to crack in Leicesters 2:05. It's not rocket science, I'm suggesting that Spice Girl is a horse for any doubles or trebles tomorrow
Non runner

In the 1:45 at Wetherby, BANDOL, (Win and place), is the best bet on the card. This is the type of horse who can win a race after falling or unseating the time before, so don't be put off by recent form figures. He likes heavy going, has won several times off similar marks, and is coming back from a short break. This isn't necessarily always a good sign, but for a horse like Bandol, it could be what it takes..... to see him put his best foot forward again. He races with an 8lb lower hurdles mark compared to chase mark.

Apologies for this, didn't run how I thought it would.

MARMONT is too big-a-price in the 3:50 at 10/1 win and each way. He's placed four times from nine starts, prefers cut in the ground which he'll get plenty of today, and the Dam sire was Rock Of Gibraltar who won big races on soft/heavy going. This race won't take as much winning for Marmont on a mark of 99. He has a good each-way chance.

Last edited:
Well done on here fellas. I missed all the fun, but it's good to see you guys filling your satchels in readiness for March.

Cheers Paul! I was a bit dissapointed with my fancies today but the show must go on! I don't think I can make Festival this year, but might book tickets for The Bet Victor or one of quieter days at Cheltenham early next season. I owe you a pint BTW!

Last edited:
Here's my notes for tomorrow. Exeter has to pass an 8AM inspection.

Exeter

1:40 Hope Wishes could run well but is coming back from an absense. The horse I really want for win purposes is UNDISPUTED. Overall profile is ultras consistent, she put in a bad run last time but perhaps the trip was too far. She steps down quite considerably in trip here. This seems to make a lot of sense so I reckon she'll go very well.

4/1

2:50 I will take an each-way chance with FINDUSATGORCAMBE, who I know has questions to answer about whether it'll handle ground (and trip), but seems on a very workable/fair mark. The last win was over 3 miles +. This is around a mile shorter. I'd certainly hope the jockey makes use of the fact the horse stays much further and tries to go-on from the front, really making use of that stamina. The ground is an unknown, but hopefully the drop in trip might mitigate how well he performs on it.

16/1

4:25 FiINNEGAN'S GARDEN looks the bet off the bottom weight and unlike the other horse I mentioned, Finnegan's Garden will definitely like ground. Trainer Zoe Davidson had a winner today. Stable is in decent form.

10/1

Each Way Patent for me.

Last edited:
Calling Out (3.10L) has a better chance than his market position (5/6) suggests.
Lto, in a better race than this, he had to be switched twice in the closing stages and lost valuable momentum when Pactolus leaned on him and held him in.
Whilst he'd never have caught the Haggas hotpot, with a clear passage - imo - he would comfortably have beaten the 2 others that finished in front of him.
Th O/H has seen fit to drop him 2lbs for that unfortunate run, and the current 11/2 is just too big.

Cheers Paul! I was a bit dissapointed with my fancies today but the show must go on! I don't think I can make Festival this year, but might book tickets for The Bet Victor or one of quieter days at Cheltenham early next season. I owe you a pint BTW!
Simple answer Martin, get your arse to HQ. I'm not sure you did it the right way last year, if you had, you would be there again. Next time come and join us and you'll be there all week having the best experience of your life.

Hakam (7.00) showed improvement for the first-time hood latest - considering it was his first try at 5f.
Returns to 6f today, and with the hood refitted, ought to go one better. There should be enough pace to give him he tow he needs.
Current 7/2 will do nicely.

Hakam (7.00) showed improvement for the first-time hood latest - considering it was his first try at 5f.
Returns to 6f today, and with the hood refitted, ought to go one better. There should be enough pace to give him he tow he needs.
Current 7/2 will do nicely.

Everything went to plan,'cept the selsction fell out of the stalls, and was never in with a chance afterwards.:surrender:

Two great cards today and I'm nicely involved.

At Donny I've done Adrien Du Pont in the novice chase. I though he ran well enough his last two starts against high class opponents at the wrong trip for him. Back down to two miles Sceau Royal is obv gonna be hard to beat but he's too big at 5s or 11/2.

At Cheltenham by bets are:

Coo Star Sivola at 6s and 9/2 for the handicap chase. This horse has been on my tracker since his juvvie days and he's well handicapped on all known form

Singlefarmpayment and American in the Cotswold. I love BDM but he should be taken on at his price and the race is choc full of horses who aren't Cheltenham types.
SFP has loads to find on form but 33/1 (and a bit of 40 on the machine) is value. I will top up nearer the off when 8 runners is guaranteed. American is a slight reach but a big field Hennessy on his first start in open company first time out was a big ask and this smaller field will suit.

Finian's Oscar in the Cleeve. I can't resist 7/2 about this horse. He has a massive engine and my only worry is Tizzard really. Oppo wise I respect Beer Goggles (have him in a protection double with Presenting Percy from the other day) and The World's End but Wholestone I don't see as a three miler on soft ground in graded company. I think Agrapart will get too far behind.

Two great cards today and I'm nicely involved

Finian's Oscar in the Cleeve. I can't resist 7/2 about this horse. He has a massive engine and my only worry is Tizzard really. Oppo wise I respect Beer Goggles (have him in a protection double with Presenting Percy from the other day) and The World's End but Wholestone I don't see as a three miler on soft ground in graded company. I think Agrapart will get too far behind.

I'm also timidly on Finians Oscar for this. Merely to try and repay the few quid and a bit more than I've lost on him AP for Cheltenham.
I'm beginning to believe the horse isn't the problem. I honestly think he's been over raced, still a young horse learning his craft, and they've put him in some damn tough races, and a lot of them. I just feel they could have nursed him a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back