What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an impressive performance from Frodon and another superbly cool ride from Bryony Frost .

I thankfully didn't, Bristol Really can't jump. No chance in the Gold Cup. I was impressed with American and will probably be better off for that run. Take nothing away from the winner, but that's his National mark smashed, Gold Cup for him.

Sweet Jesus. A Finians Oscar win is worth 4 figures for me now having had 3 winners in the lucky 15.

My love hate relationship with this horse goes on.

Stellar Surprise(6.30) is a chancy bet, but worth the risk at a general 6/1.
Thing is she needs dropping in, to arrrive n the dying strides and this is what the trainer said after her recent c/d win:
Stellar Surprise doesn't like being in front and has pulled up again today. I'm going to have to do something to combat that. She has the ability, but slams the brakes on when she gets there. There are a few of these races on the AW for her and hopefully we'll run on her at black-type level again come the summer - Stuart Williams, trainer.
The evidence is clearly there on the replay, as is it for her apparently disappointing run at Kempton subsequently, where she raced the whole way on the outside of the field, and never got the cover she patently needs.
You pays your money, and you takes your chance - or not.:)

I'm having a sporting bet on Streets Of Promise in Herefords 3:40. A decent horse who's been dropped 6 pound in the handicap so I'm thinking the handicapper has started to give him a real chance.

Last edited:
Stellar Surprise(6.30) is a chancy bet, but worth the risk at a general 6/1.
Thing is she needs dropping in, to arrrive n the dying strides and this is what the trainer said after her recent c/d win:

The evidence is clearly there on the replay, as is it for her apparently disappointing run at Kempton subsequently, where she raced the whole way on the outside of the field, and never got the cover she patently needs.
You pays your money, and you takes your chance - or not.:)
Totally misread the situation, though a winher's still a winner.:lol:
Comfort is; she was clearly the best horse in the race.

Leicester 3:25...

DYLANSEOGHAN - 16/1 Betfred & Totesport. Win and Place

DYLANSEOGHAN last couple of form figures are not very inspiring. They probably mask the fact that its chase career is still a work-in-progress. He ran a fine race when second to subsequent winner Dontminddboys here at Leicester in December. The third horse that day, trained by Olly Murphy called More Than luck, has won since, now rated 114, (which is a twenty pound higher mark than the one Dylanseoghan runs off). So I'm giving Dylan's another chance. I reckon it's very well handicapped on 94. I'm not convinced about the others.

Last edited:
A decent third place from Dylan's. He's back on track now and he's one to consider next time out.

BOBBY WHEELER (NAP) looks like a sound bet in Kempton's 8:00. This horses form in the summer of 2016, after big runs at Ascot and Goodwood, made it look like a 95+ plus animal for me. Now eighteen months later he's on a rating 82, after a good 4th here last time. 5/2 is more reflective of his actual chance.

Last edited:
A decent third place from Dylan's. He's back on track now and he's one to consider next time out.

BOBBY WHEELER (NAP) looks like a sound bet in Kempton's 8:00. This horses form in the summer of 2016, after big runs at Ascot and Goodwood, made it look like a 95+ plus animal for me. Now eighteen months later he's on a rating 82, after a good 4th here last time. 5/2 is more reflective of his actual chance.

The third horse tomorrow is Here's Herbie in Wincantons 3:00.
He looks on a very fair mark. I reckon he goes close.

Wincanton

3:00 Here's Herbie

Kempton

7:30 Graceful James
8:00 Bobby Wheeler

Win Trixie (4 bets)

Theres been a big drift on Sea Tide I see, so I'm substituting in the well backed Graceful James in the same race for the Trixie instead.

Last edited:
Letmestopyouthere (425S) was 2nd in a slightly better race than this over C/D a month ago.
Beaten 1.5l on that occasion, he now meets the winner on 5lbs better terms, plus the the added bonus of his apprentice rider's 5lb claim. Well worth an e.w punt at the current 9/1.

I've had a look at Chepstow. My favourite low key joint apart from Sedgefield :)

2:45 According to the Racing Post, one G Macaire bred AUERWIRBEN. He's come from France, down in the handicap, coming into a bit of form and looks likely to run well. A lot depends on whether the two market leaders run to expectations, but Auerwirben is still each-way value at 14's.

3:20 Nick Williams DAISY DE SIVOLA is very interesting now dropped substantially in class. Far from exposed. 14/1 e/w

3:55 SUTTER'S MILL...This ran well on first attempt over fences. He's coming into form, with potentially a lot more to offer. 10/1 e/w

Each-way Trixie for me.

Last edited:
I've had a look at Chepstow. My favourite low key joint apart from Sedgefield :)

3:20 Nick Williams DAISY DE SIVOLA is very interesting now dropped substantially in class. Far from exposed. 14/1 e/w
:adore: Put that one in a combo exacta & trifecta with my two selections on the long shot thread and landed a nice exacta - well done Marble!

Cheers fella! The first one I was gutted about, but Daisy's cheered me right up. :) Sutter's Mill in the next race placing (or better still) winning, ensures a good profit on the day.

Last edited:
:adore: Put that one in a combo exacta & trifecta with my two selections on the long shot thread and landed a nice exacta - well done Marble!
Great stuff! That must have paid a canny bit the exacta!

Last edited:
I like the look of Dennis Coakley's horse, Tiar Na Nog, in the 6:15 at Wolverhampton. This could be anything first time out in a handicap after a fair third last time. 14/1 is probably the right price but still worth doing each way. My strike rate has picked up a bit lately, so here's hoping!

Last edited:
Missed out on Daisy marb [went shopping!]. Good spot. Must back Tiar No Nog [named after my favourite pub in Ireland; used to be another horse of that name a while back [Tir?]].

Sorry Moe...! I might post some thoughts up on here later tomorrow.

Last edited:
Best bet tomorrow is PATRICKS PARK over at Leopardstown in 2:55 for Willie Mullins and Rachel Blackmore. This has won over further, so I expect him to be handy tomorrow. On a very low mark and could be very well-in.

Back at Sandown, reckon VINO GRIEGO has one more big race to run....handicapper been fair to him, he's a Sandown C&D winner who might be each way value.

Good luck!

Loads of pace in the 2.00 @ Lingfield which should suit Intisaab down to the ground.
Unfortunately, he's drawn out in the car park, but they might go quick enough to split the field in front of him and allow passage, so he's worth chancing e.w. at the current 9/1.

Last edited:
Gather round children I'd like to tell you a tale of The Mooch, The Melon and The Min they all raced in Ireland and all of them did win.

Tomorrow's card at Leopardstown - I can't remember a better jumps one outside of the Festival. Wow.

Today I've backed Min at 5/2. With Special Tiara in the field he's sure to settle much better and despite Yorkhill's undoubted class there is the whiff of people getting a bit carried away. Sure his JLT form is rock solid and I'm balls deep in Top Notch because of it but odds-on at his very first try over 2m is excessive and I like Min's chances.

At Mussy in their Scots County Hurdle I took 9/2 and 5s about Amour De Nuit earlier in the week. His form behind Irish Roe and Mohaayed at Donny looks very good (I was on Flying Tiger in that race) and pumpkin won this with Diego du Charmil (similar type) last year.

Well done with Daisy de Sivola Marble. I backed her in her previous start where she disappointed me and couldn't pull the trigger again.

Last edited:
I too had a bit of Amour in the week Euro but still think he may woof his way out of it.

The pumpkin as you call him might well have a good day to day by the looks of things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back