What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely blew out, Saturday.:surrender:

Poetic Imagination (3.20) was bought out of John Gosden's stable fpr 48,000 guineas, and Archie Watson has an excellent record with such acquisitions - particularly on their 2nd run. Thought enough of to run in a 0-105 h/cap last Saturday - though eventually taken out with Vet's certificate - he ought to be well up to taking this 4 rnr 0-80.
5/2 generally at the mo, though does appear to be shortening.

Completely blew out, Saturday.:surrender:

Poetic Imagination (3.20) was bought out of John Gosden's stable fpr 48,000 guineas, and Archie Watson has an excellent record with such acquisitions - particularly on their 2nd run. Thought enough of to run in a 0-105 h/cap last Saturday - though eventually taken out with Vet's certificate - he ought to be well up to taking this 4 rnr 0-80.
5/2 generally at the mo, though does appear to be shortening.
Good shooting reet - didn't see the forum till now but had backed it with decent money

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I fancy two at Sandown tomorrow.

The first one (1:20) must have cost Paul Nicholls connections a few bob back in the day, after winning a 25k pot in 2013 at Auteuil, with Art Mauresque back in second. VICENZO MIO hasn't set the world alight since leaving France, but has bits and pieces of decent form in England. He's now with Chris Gordon. He's on a low mark now, to exploit in a handicap hurdle, (utter understatement!) He's run on heavy ground plenty of times, so should act on it.

12/1 win and place

4:05 Warren Greatrex's ALOOMOMO probably paid the price in the handicap for winning three chases on the bounce in 2015. His form tailed off after a decent 6th at The Festival. He's just turned 8 years of age; looks the class horse in the race. He's been dropped to a mark in the high 120's so he'll go close.

10/1 win and place

Last edited:
I fancy two at Sandown tomorrow.

The first one (1:20) must have cost Paul Nicholls connections a few bob back in the day, after winning a 25k pot in 2013 at Auteuil, with Art Mauresque back in second. VICENZO MIO hasn't set the world alight since leaving France, but has bits and pieces of decent form in England. He's now with Chris Gordon. He's on a low mark now, to exploit in a handicap hurdle, (utter understatement!) He's run on heavy ground plenty of times, so should act on it.

12/1 win and place

4:05 Warren Greatrex's ALOOMOMO probably paid the price in the handicap for winning three chases on the bounce in 2015. His form tailed off after a decent 6th at The Festival. He's just turned 8 years of age; looks the class horse in the race. He's been dropped to a mark in the high 120's so he'll go close.

10/1 win and place

Vizenzo ran ok in fourth, hopefully Aloomomo does better.

Summer Icon (7.15K) beat better horses than these latest in a steadily run 7f race (though both were 6f winners, and neither slow).
With the dead 8 competing, looks good EW at the general 8/1.

Plenty of prize money on offer at MR today and my eye has been caught by old boy Sunny Ledgend in the 4.20. Trained by permit holder Andrew Martin and ridden by his son who's had plenty of rides but just 4 winning one's all aboard this horse, this will be by far the biggest prize they have chased after 13k. But looking at the opposition they've all been chasing smaller pots so think may have a decent EW chance in this C4 chase over just over 2m3fs.
This years form figures don't look that inspiring P3P but did win this time last year after being pulled Up on previous outing and has dropped to that last winning rating of 111. His 3rd at Uttox over 2m4fs looks better behind the winner Newberry New who followed up from 6lb higher and has been raised another 7lbs since. The 4th horse 14 lengths behind SL was just btn 1/2 length over same C/D nto same class and the 5th another 10 lengths behind was btn just 2 lengths nto off 13 same class, back in 6th was todays opponent Freddies portrait, yet FP is 8/1 whereas SL is 20/1:confused:. Andrew Martin doesn't have that many horses but his last 5 winners have come in January/February with Midnight Mustang twice last year and Sunny Ledgend Once in Feb last year and twice in Jan 16. Horse generally runs prominently and is usually a safe jumper having fell just twice in 30 chases, looks a sporting EW bet to me in what is not a great race for the money.

The stable companion Militarian just ran a blinder under a very good ride from young Mr Martin, hopefully bodes well for this horse.

3.20 Doncaster
The handicapper has taken a chance here with Carole’s Destrier who gets in off 146 having run a decent race for a long way in the Hennessy off 8lb higher.
Poor run last time but excused that one on desperate ground
8/1 with BetVictor and Bet365

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poyle Vinnie (3.45S), returning from a 3 month break, ran well when 3.25l behind today's fav over c/d when clearly needing the run.
A subsequent sharpener, way above his class, and a 14lb turnaround, might see a different result today.
6/1 currently.

Joseph O Brien sends Grey Waters to Lingfield tomorrow. This filly has a major chance on near- enough bottom weight on a mark of 65. I could see Grey Waters ending up in the 2 mile handicap hurdle for four year olds at The Festival

About the only thing I've predicted correctly in terms of long-range fancies being declared for The Festival.

Grey Waters is interesting on a mark of 120 in the Fred Winter. She'll be high on my shortlist, having been running okay in graded company this season.

Last edited:
That race should be sponsored by the national lottery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's highly significant that AOB has his first AW runner in the UK for 16 years in the Winter Derby (Clear Skies) and that Ryan Moore opts to ride her, over either of the decent Stoute chances. Beat relatively little lto, but won easily, in a good time and giving lumps of weight away. Currently 5/2
Goring (3.50) has shown enough speed to see off these, whatever the pace, and looks solid @ the current 11/4.

Last edited:
Good Luck

3.00 Kempton-Shoal Bay

Each Way @ 14-1 [Bet Victor] BOG

Bit of value as I think he is a nice novice, and I know his top stable think a bit of him.

Taquin Du Seuil gave Martin Broughton and Co. a lot of pleasure over the years,

I was impressed by the way his Django Django quickened up and away from Ar Mest the other week.

Ar Mest hacked up since giving the form a minor boost

Tough race today but he should go very close and it should be onwards and upwards from there

Hopefully he will end up as good as Taquin was

Django Django and Baywing (Eider) 2 ew singles EW double

Gotta a few bob but backed Bellshill then laid him.........don't trust anu jockey with a Mullins surname......unless yer name is Patrick

Throwing a couple shekels on Zephyros e/w in Chepstows 2:40 tomorrow. This has a sound record going left handed, ( 63212345323)).

Zephyros runs at Wolverhampton tomorrow (7:15), where surely it must be D-Day, after two excellent placed-efforts at Lingfield.

One for the Trixie.

Last edited:
Think you are probably right there Martin. I got it down to a toss up between paddy a and zephyros - ended up on paddy a but purely coin toss for me

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yeah yours is a well backed favourite to be fair, Zephyros is drifting to a generous price though...maybe a reverse forecast, Geoff?

Like the look of the outsider of the three in Plumpton's 4:05, Little Windmill @ 11/4

In the Trixie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back