What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also like the look of Angel Of Harlem in Uttoxeters 3:05 for the Bradstocks. He ran well when second last time on heavy, first time in a handicap tomorrow but gets similar conditions. A mark of 109 not bad at all.

I fancy this one Marble and Ejayteekay in the 4.15

Just having a late night swot up to check I haven't missed anything and I'm prepared to give Jester Jet a go at 7/1 in the mares race at Warwick. I had her down for a serious performance when in behind Arthurs Gift on her penultimate run. She's pulled up next time out and I'll take a chance that she was still feeling the effects of the previous run. If she's anything like her normal self then she should take care of this lot.

Told to get on I was really hoping Mr.Love in the 2.30 at Uttoxeter would be a better price but beggars can't be choosers.
Winners a winner:)

Kylemore Lough at Warwick. Would have gone close in the BV if he'd not jumped the water poorly - is three pounds lower and this race is poor. I thought he ran ok in the Clarence considering the distance. Got 9/2 on Thursday.

Cloudy Dream in the Denman. Want to oppose Native River and although I get Dessie's argument re SDR I don't trust the horse. Again, this is another I played AP at 4s earlier in the week. I've topped up at 5/2 and I will have IR lays in at 2s and below given the slight stamina questions.

Little each way on Moonlighter for the maestro in the Bumper at Newbury. Looked a v/nice type when he won at Bangor. Drifted a bit this morning

2 strong bets today, though - judged on the market - the rest of the world knows them too.

Helvetian (4.05L) is 8lb wrong ith Count Otto for being beaten 1/2l. However that was a steadily run affair, and he showed what he can do when blasting home @ Kempton on his next run, recording a tidy t/s figure in the process.

Atletico (7.45W) is still improving, and ran the race of his life lto, when btn a hd in a red hot Newcastle contest. Progress is expected again today.

Prices aren't great, but I honestly can't see either beaten and the double's still available @ c6/1 with B365.

Very keen on Air Navigator in the first at the Newbury tomorrow. Travelled like a very very smart horse in the bumper at the November meeting and is a fine looking animal. Will come on for the switch to obstacles.

Good luck today

1.50 Newbury-Talkischeap

Each Way @ 10-1 [Bet 365] 1/4

Think this horse is a potential improver now upped in trip

Very keen on Air Navigator in the first at the Newbury tomorrow. Travelled like a very very smart horse in the bumper at the November meeting and is a fine looking animal. Will come on for the switch to obstacles.
Well that couldn't have possibly gone any worse.

Punchestown 3.45 Ourmanmassini 18/1 - beat the odds-on fav Gilgamboa in a PTP last December off level weights. He carries 7lb less today with jockeys claim. May not win but price looks all wrong and value.

Mick The Jiver ew 4.20 .
Stable in form and this horse won a very decent handicap last Spring at Navan and was only an okay hurdler at his best.
Once he get through the ground he runs his race, he hates pulling his legs out of it though.

Fancy a couple of top weights running from their lowest marks for donkeys years at Wolverhampton tomorrow night.
7.10 Emjayem-This is a pretty diabolical race, the likely favourite and lto winner Barnsdale gave its jockey her 1st victory on her 24th attempt on this horse and 41st ride in all in a C7 at Kempton, the 1st time the horse has started under 20/1 in 30 races, which shows the calibre of horses engaged in this race! Emjayem is having its 1st run for Patrick Charmings tmr having been a stablemate of Barnsdale last year for Mr Holt. Had previously been with Ed McMahon where he last ran from 72 in a c5 here btn 4 1/2 lengths by Captain Lars in a 0-75 race, had been btn a hd at Goodwood in a C4 a few runs before, and won 4 races in all for McMahon. If Charmings has got him anywhere near back to form should have a great chance here, decently drawn in 5, a lot of the more favoured horses are drawn out wide, has already found support from 12/1>9/1 and less, hope it's stable money.

8.40 Idol Deputy this old boy looked to be coming back into form lto finishing strongly into 4th over C/D after a while out of form, was ridden by Katherine Glenister for the 1st time lto and seemed to give the old boy to much ground to make up, she should be more clued up this time, usual jockey Raquel Kneller had a bad fall on the gallops or would have ridden him. Has a great record in February with something like 4 wins from 6 runs since 2011, was 16/1 early doors generally 12/1 now and looks a very decent EW bet to me, good luck anyone who follows.

The Rooney owned and John Quinn trained, Master Of Irony in the handicap hurdle at Ascot Saturday, is appealing. This beat a good yardstick and tracker horse of mine called Keep In Line in December. I believe Master Of Irony is on-the-up in the handicap ranks, progressing well, on a nice mark, so has as good a chance as any of them, if not the best chance of all!

Three firms have priced the race up, including Hills, who go 8/1. While he's clearly not a double digit price, he is not a double digit chance either. Master Of Irony could go off a lot shorter if he gets there in one piece on the day. I'm looking to have more than my usual two pound each way on this one. I'll nibble away throughout the week.

Last edited:
I'll try my luck on AW tomorrow in 3:25 with Swashbuckle. I don't know why Andrew Balding keeps selling the well handicapped horses in his yard, but Swashbuckle is one of them, now with Donald McCain. He can take the honours here.

He arrives in good form over hurdles, and I don't think he's there tomorrow to make up numbers. A competitive contest nevertheless, even with the small field, but Swashbuckle looks the one. I haven't seen prices but anything over 4/1 should be taken.

Last edited:
The Rooney owned and John Quinn trained, Master Of Irony in the handicap hurdle at Ascot Saturday, is appealing. This beat a good yardstick and tracker horse of mine called Keep In Line in December. I believe Master Of Irony is on-the-up in the handicap ranks, progressing well, on a nice mark, so has as good a chance as any of them, if not the best chance of all!

Three firms have priced the race up, including Hills, who go 8/1. While he's clearly not a double digit price, he is not a double digit chance either. Master Of Irony could go off a lot shorter if he gets there in one piece on the day. I'm looking to have more than my usual two pound each way on this one. I'll nibble away throughout the week.

Betfair and Powers go 20's, the plot thickens....

I'll try my luck on AW tomorrow in 3:25 with Swashbuckle. I don't know why Andrew Balding keeps selling the well handicapped horses in his yard, but Swashbuckle is one of them, now with Donald McCain. He can take the honours here.

He arrives in good form over hurdles, and I don't think he's there tomorrow to make up numbers. A competitive contest nevertheless, even with the small field, but Swashbuckle looks the one. I haven't seen prices but anything over 4/1 should be taken.

7 runners now and Swashbuckle out to 20/1. Im not expecting much based on the market negativity.

Last edited:
Fancy a couple of top weights running from their lowest marks for donkeys years at Wolverhampton tomorrow night.
7.10 Emjayem-This is a pretty diabolical race, the likely favourite and lto winner Barnsdale gave its jockey her 1st victory on her 24th attempt on this horse and 41st ride in all in a C7 at Kempton, the 1st time the horse has started under 20/1 in 30 races, which shows the calibre of horses engaged in this race! Emjayem is having its 1st run for Patrick Charmings tmr having been a stablemate of Barnsdale last year for Mr Holt. Had previously been with Ed McMahon where he last ran from 72 in a c5 here btn 4 1/2 lengths by Captain Lars in a 0-75 race, had been btn a hd at Goodwood in a C4 a few runs before, and won 4 races in all for McMahon. If Charmings has got him anywhere near back to form should have a great chance here, decently drawn in 5, a lot of the more favoured horses are drawn out wide, has already found support from 12/1>9/1 and less, hope it's stable money.

8.40 Idol Deputy this old boy looked to be coming back into form lto finishing strongly into 4th over C/D after a while out of form, was ridden by Katherine Glenister for the 1st time lto and seemed to give the old boy to much ground to make up, she should be more clued up this time, usual jockey Raquel Kneller had a bad fall on the gallops or would have ridden him. Has a great record in February with something like 4 wins from 6 runs since 2011, was 16/1 early doors generally 12/1 now and looks a very decent EW bet to me, good luck anyone who follows.

NR and a place; thanks SJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back