What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dissapointing was that, couldn't get the lead and got into a barging match but what a gamble! Possibly needs to go back on the Turf!

Just as annoying old Tufto was 4th [emoji34] price was too good to resit

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thought I'd already put this up, but hey-ho.
Titan Goddess has been in the form of her life - until lto, where she ran too free, over too far.
Should have no problem with the drop back to 7f; and looks a solid ew poke at the general 12/1 (11/1 4 places - B365 enhanced).

Thought I'd already put this up, but hey-ho.
Titan Goddess has been in the form of her life - until lto, where she ran too free, over too far.
Should have no problem with the drop back to 7f; and looks a solid ew poke at the general 12/1 (11/1 4 places - B365 enhanced).
Close, but no cigar - unless anyone took the 4 places. Beaten a nose for 3rd, too.

Super card at Wolves today,but not easy to find bets.
Disappointed to see Original Choice N/R in the Lincoln Trial - reckon connections will be too, as he probably needed the penalty to ensure a run in the big one. His participation now looks in the lap of the gods.
Second Thought will probably win the Wulfruna, though I wouldn't be rushing to take even money - particularly dropped back in trip.

My bet of the day has to be Kreb's Cycle in the lucky last. Finished really well in a strongly run 1m at Lingfield, and wouldn't have been helped by a stop/go pace at this track, subsequently. Today's extra furlong should be right up his alley. 4/1 currently.

Swift Approval (4.25) regularly pulls too hard for his own good, and was never going to last home when doing so over a strongly run 7f at a stiff Newcastle. The drop back to 6f might see him in a better light, and he's well worth an ew punt at Laddies 12/1.

Morning all, not been on or contributed for ages xmas apologies, life been very busy. Received two 'bankers' today, both in the same race of course. Testify and tycoon Prince in the last. Prob just have a bit each way on both.

Afandem (3.05S) is head and shhoulders above these, and the Southwell surface should suit much better than Wolverhampton. Given his racing style, kickback shouldn't be a prolem, either.
3/1 generally.

Been waiting for this horse to run at the Festival in anticipation of decent ground!

Still think though he will run a decent race tomorrow. Each Way @ 22-1 [Paddy Power] 5 places [4.10pm]

Romain De Senam

Orioninverness in the 5:05 at Hexham. Goes on the track and the ground. Travelling lass doesn't fancy him but if he ever has a going day, today will be it.

Wetherby 3:05 Quest For Life...3:40 Warthog........Win double

I got a tracker alert yesterday for Warthog. As often as not I don't back them but I swithered then decided against Cepage at the weekend and it ended up winning so decided I might as well try Warthog today. If it's the horse I think it is the 5/2 should be fair enough, assuming it's trying. Just not sure about the step up in trip in the likely ground.

Good luck if you are on it mate its drifted to a backable price now at about 3/1 getting bigger. I was lucky I was planning a win double but missed the first one which was second. A lucky escape! See what goes down.

Last edited:
Fvck me. What a pathetic race. Warthog wasn't off an inch there. Scu was pulling it back after the last while pulling it away from the leader and pretending to smack it. The winner was the only trier in the race. It looked the kind of result that was carved up in the bar this morning.

Aye Maurice. I like the look of the bottom weight in the 4:45 at Wetherby Honeychile Ryder I think its called. The dead 8 runners....some market support before the off would boost confidence. Honeychile Ryder shouldnt be 14/1. I'm just trying to play up my dog winnings from last night really.

Bloody awful, top weight a 25's chance wins it like 1/2 shot!

Last edited:
Limerick 2.35 Alighting 9/1 e/way - This half-sister to Don Poli looks a progressive sort, over the extra distance and 1lb better off she could finish in front of the fav Alletrix.

Andrew Balding has a 29% strike rate with his runners at Southwell and Donjuan Triumphant (3.40) looks thrown in today, on his turf form. Never run on the surface before, but has better form than these on sft and hvy, and with Holiday Magic to tow him along, ought to prove too good for them.
11/4 generally, but well supported earlier.

I got a tracker alert yesterday for Warthog. As often as not I don't back them but I swithered then decided against Cepage at the weekend and it ended up winning so decided I might as well try Warthog today. If it's the horse I think it is the 5/2 should be fair enough, assuming it's trying. Just not sure about the step up in trip in the likely ground.

I've been following Cepage, too; could've kicked myself when he won....

5.40 Donjuan Triumphant Donjuan Triumphant is 14lbs lower on the all weather than he is on the turf. He was disappointing at Kempton last time but I think this surface will suit him better and I think he should be better than these today. I'm hopeful he will go very well.

A.Balding

I've been following Cepage, too; could've kicked myself when he won....

So was I Mo, but I did back it. Thought it might get in at Cheltenham but wasn't to be.

17-Mar-18
15:25:09 15:15 Kempton
Cepage - Win
Betfair Bet ID 1:11950****** | Placed: 17-Mar-18 15:18:08 Back 16.00 5.00 --
Won
--------------------------------------------
Boom! You have won £128.24
Yankee (x22) Each Way
W
13:30 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 0f 0y - Each Way
5/1
Distingo